Habs vs. Penguins | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just about to say he's the best 20 yrs old I've seen on the Habs since... Claude Lemieux?!

John Leclair.

And he has more game than Leclair, I think. Have to see about goalscoring long-term. But he's a great kid.

Edited by Colin

I've got the Penguins feed here, and the dumbass commentator said the Pens really needed someone to come out of nowhere and help, a late pick type player.

Because they don't have enough High picks in the organization to get things done??

We needed that win.

Good win... it was clear they many of them played with urgency with the injuries.. no more sitting around waiting for someone else to do the job, everyone has to play with speed and urgency to win...

Let's hope they can keep it up..

nice too see some energy out there tonight, if we put up efforts like that consistently we should be fine, until we get a few more players healthy, great to see we have some depth and lots of young guys ready to step in and play..... have to respect henry for stepping up twice the last two games against heavyweights and doing the job, maybe he takes BGLs place he certainly skates better and isn't as much a liabilty or have them both patrol the 4th line

nice too see some energy out there tonight, if we put up efforts like that consistently we should be fine, until we get a few more players healthy, great to see we have some depth and lots of young guys ready to step in and play..... have to respect henry for stepping up twice the last two games against heavyweights and doing the job, maybe he takes BGLs place he certainly skates better and isn't as much a liabilty or have them both patrol the 4th line

Not a bad idea when we run into them Broons 'gain.

This was the type of game that we needed to play, and if was good to finally see it happen. Played with energy and intelligence and out-worked the Pens. But man, that team has some serious depth issues after Malkin and Crosby, if they've got Caputi and Cooke alternating duty on the top line.

Nice that Higgins scored, because he missed the net on his next five shots. And Laps, great finish on a great play by MaxPac. And was that actually Pleks AND Kovy making consecutive good passes for A Kosty's goal? Shades of last year.

We had noticeably fewer gaffes in this game, and our defense was pretty solid against that admittedly mediocre and slumping Pens team. But we never really relented, and when they cut the lead we responded. Hopefully this starts something positive that we can carry over into Buffalo and TO.

Great game against the kind of team the Habs can beat on most nights - a team with soft defence and no real physical edge. Nonetheless, it's great to see them play so cohesively as a team and this might be just what the doctor ordered for team confidence.

I never thought I'd say these words, but what a difference Gorges makes! With him on his game, it's easy to forget that we need another puck-moving top-4 defenceman (but we still do).

O"bryne was spendid. Higgins was vintage. Even Plekanec had some offensive flair.

Promising signs.

Great game against the kind of team the Habs can beat on most nights - a team with soft defence and no real physical edge. Nonetheless, it's great to see them play so cohesively as a team and this might be just what the doctor ordered for team confidence.

I never thought I'd say these words, but what a difference Gorges makes! With him on his game, it's easy to forget that we need another puck-moving top-4 defenceman (but we still do).

O"bryne was spendid. Higgins was vintage. Even Plekanec had some offensive flair.

Promising signs.

Yet, how many times have we seen them pull this kind of game just to come out completely lifeless the next?

Too many players on this team just dont set the bar high enough for themselves. Not personally, but as a team.