Habs @ Sabres | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike Obyrne? Ryan Komisarek? Thinking about it maybe Komi isnt worth that much cash anyway... same for most of the players actually. What shall we do in may? It wont be watching hockey as this looks.

Anyone think Price seems to be guessing more than anticipating shots since he came back from his injury. I mean everyone knows the book on him is shoot high, as a goalie can't you try to change your style, when everyone knows you can be beat up high?

At least the kids are playing well: Laps, D'agy and MaxPac.

Edited by bar

Who actually played an ok game tonight?

The kids during the intermission.

Price is resembling Luongo. Both came back from groin pulls, and both are failing to make the key saves at the key times, or else letting in softies since their return. It may just be a question of getting back into the groove, or it may be a psychological reluctance to put pressure on the groin (in which case you're not going to be as effective as you can be). Not coincidentally, both Montreal and Vancouver are mired in dismal slumps.

I'm not saying he's wholly to blame, but he's a big part of the equation, and he needs to find 'it' soon.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Montreal probably deserved better tonight. They massively outplayed Buffalo in the first period and most of the third, but Miller was the difference.

Buffalo is a good club and very oppourtunisitc.

Its unfortunate and these are the games the Habs need to win. Better tune up the pathetic leafs tomorrow night, or the bandwagon is going to be pretty empty come Sunday morning

man I am so ######ing sick of Kovalev.... I know what he brings to this team when he's on, but I really don't. I loathe him, and the type of hockey player he represents.

If we're going to lose, I'd rather lose with player who actually look like they care on the ice.

man I am so ######ing sick of Kovalev.... I know what he brings to this team when he's on, but I really don't. I loathe him, and the type of hockey player he represents.

If we're going to lose, I'd rather lose with player who actually look like they care on the ice.

+1. Been talking about that with Psycing tonight. Tons of talent, but I'm sick of his schtick. Whether or not he stays through the playoffs (assuming we make it), I hope Bob places his money elsewhere. And if it really is true that he plays better with a letter on his shirt (which McGuire scoffed at very firmly) then he's about the most unprofessional guy I've come across on the Habs since... well since Ribeiro. I have to assume it's not the case, though. McGuire postulated Kovy may be hurt. That'd be about the only reason not to lynch him at this point - and quite honestly, in those rare moments he hustles, he doesn't look particularly hurt.

Credit where credit is due, mind you. Laps and Pax? Great game, solid work. Love to see Pax skating beside Koivu instead of Higgins. Pax makes space and he's got some real game. I like Latendresse, but Pax is already looking like he's ready to overtake Lats in the depth chart. Early days, of course, but there's something that inspires more confidence, at least for me, in Pax's game.

+1. Been talking about that with Psycing tonight. Tons of talent, but I'm sick of his schtick. Whether or not he stays through the playoffs (assuming we make it), I hope Bob places his money elsewhere. And if it really is true that he plays better with a letter on his shirt (which McGuire scoffed at very firmly) then he's about the most unprofessional guy I've come across on the Habs since... well since Ribeiro. I have to assume it's not the case, though. McGuire postulated Kovy may be hurt. That'd be about the only reason not to lynch him at this point - and quite honestly, in those rare moments he hustles, he doesn't look particularly hurt.

Credit where credit is due, mind you. Laps and Pax? Great game, solid work. Love to see Pax skating beside Koivu instead of Higgins. Pax makes space and he's got some real game. I like Latendresse, but Pax is already looking like he's ready to overtake Lats in the depth chart. Early days, of course, but there's something that inspires more confidence, at least for me, in Pax's game.

I've maintained all along that Kovalev would not be re-signed (and I can't resist pointing out that this view was roundly criticized on this board after last season ^_^ ). What I didn't anticipate is that it might actually help our team to move him at the deadline - I thought we'd take our lumps, try to ride him into a deep playoff run, and then let him walk.

He is a playoff performer, but since we'll probably lose him anyway, it might be best to deal him in return for a puck-moving defenceman or else as part of that elusive package for a C. Or whatever. His market value, especially as an impending UFA, shouldn't be exaggerated, but it shouldn't be dismissed either; some offensively-starved team might be willing to give up assets for him (MInnesota, for instance, has a surplus of skilled defencemen and zero offence at forward). That's just how GMs are.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Montreal probably deserved better tonight. They massively outplayed Buffalo in the first period and most of the third, but Miller was the difference.

Buffalo is a good club and very oppourtunisitc.

Its unfortunate and these are the games the Habs need to win. Better tune up the pathetic leafs tomorrow night, or the bandwagon is going to be pretty empty come Sunday morning

Montreal deserved better alright, from it's team! I though the Captain played well !! Also the young guys were ok, not there best.

I honestly can't figure him out. It is a contract year for him isn't it? Is he trying to make his value in the league so low that Russian hockey makes sense? I am willing to bet at this point that he plays there next year, and plays better! Is he frustrated? Pleks is also not on his game, is there an effect from that, a let down. Where is that line of last season? That line has to get it together down the stretch. If not, I will start to worry, well more than I already do.

Some glad for the visor on D'ago, would have cut him good.

Play like that tonight and I will shut it off after the first!

SID NOTE !!!

Someone in here awhile back mentioned that when we suck our ex players thrive.

Check dallas NYR last night, Ribs with 4pnts, ouch

Edited by johnnyhasbeen