Habs vs. Leafs | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Price needs to be benched, I know halak is sick but he just sucks. Carb needs to be fired and we need a goal scorer, Kovy just aint doing it and cannot be depended on

So, nothing drastic, just some tweaks . . .?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This team needs an energy boost...after this PK, I think Guy needs to match S. Kostitsyn up with Grabovski and let the fight finally happen. Guy is a moron for not doing it already IMO...should have happened in the first period when the team looked flat.

:rolleyes:

Ugh... Markov got caught standing along the board, gave a 2 on 1... and you knew Blake would just shoot.

oh boy here it comes . . .

Yeah. Send that punk ass piece of crap Markov to Hamilton!

[/shbatt]

YEAH!!! KOSTO!!! Diving from behind the net!!!

Lapierre's line doing all the work again.

well that's one more to add on the ''let's forget this game'' pile

The shot part is over the top, but Price is embarrassing to watch lately. I think he may still be hurt, he needs to rest some more or something.

I absolutely hate the lack of emotion shown by the habs, a Leaf player runs price and no one does a frigging thing.

For the most part, this team lacks pride.

Kovalev: did next to nothing *

Koivu: did nothing

A. Kost: did nothing

Higgins: did nothing

Price: couldn't stop a beach ball

D-men: abysmal for the most part

I don't know what the problem is, but it runs deep and it's not just a few guys.

* I wanted to say 'did nothing' for Kovalev too, but he registered an assist. Still, needs to be called out...not producing more than one point in a game with so many PP opportunities isn't good enough.

Edited by sbhatt

Disgusting loss. Habs better turn it around soon or they'll be fighting for a playoff spot.

I'm a Price fan but tonite he looked just horrible.

Bouillon another crap game and a -3. Gorges -4, but being stuck with Bouillon hurts his play.

Please Carbo, insert Dandy for the Cube.

For the most part, this team lacks pride.

Kovalev: did next to nothing

Koivu: did nothing

A. Kost: did nothing

Higgins: did nothing

Price: couldn't stop a beach ball

D-men: abysmal for the most part

I don't know what the problem is, but it runs deep and it's not just a few guys.

Dunno what you were watching, but I thought the Koivu was pretty good out there; more than a couple of chances created. Set Higgins up a few times only to have the poor kid whiff.

Tell ya what, though, MaxPax? Going to be one helluva player.

Dunno what you were watching, but I thought the Koivu was pretty good out there; more than a couple of chances created. Set Higgins up a few times only to have the poor kid whiff.

Making a decent pass here and there isn't good enough...you have to produce and be dangerous on nearly every shift. Same goes for Kovalev...he made a few nice plays...does that mean he played a good game? Koivu was no better; just 'being scrappy' doesn't count for shit when your team needs offense.

Edited by sbhatt

What is it with goalies these days? the commentator says the keeper is too far in the net. cherry says its the defenses fault.

NO! you morons...its the goalies. STAND UP, you morons. all 4 shots, he dropped to the ice and hoped that the puck would hit him. Stand up and you would have stopped all those shots. I have been saying this for years. What a bunch of morons!!!!!!!

Anyone still think this is just a little slump, like every team goes through? Why people bury their heads in sand, I'll never know. After a fantastic stretch, we are now getting badly pasted by several teams behind us, on a routine basis. This is a write-off year for the Habs as it stands, no way this team makes the playoffs. Lot more teams catching up, teams with spirit, guts, will and identity.

I was serious when I wrote on another thread to get rid of Koivu and Kovalev. Koivu as captain is just never going to happen, ever. Whether it is him or the team, it has been the same for 10+ years now. Anyone who won't wake up to that FACT is blind. It seems to be the continual behind-doors pissing contest between him and Kovalev, all unspoken of course, but brutally obvious. IMO it is NOT a coincidence that our play has plummeted since he has come back. The feeling around the players, their effort is very noticeably different. And much as I love Kovy, he has to go if he cannot work with another player being captain. His ego has been bruised and it has affected his play, and therefore directly affects others, for the worse accross the board. Even more worringly, it appears there is nothing left on the team, no unity, no desire, no effort, almost no-one willing to play even up to their respective potential (Lapierre a very notable exception; how far is he from being named Captain?), mailing it in. FFS, guys run our players now on an almost game-by-game basis, and rarely does anyone stand up for each other. They seem to be too preoccupied figuring out the finer points of things. What does this do for the education of someone like Pacioretty, seeing the vets mail it in like this? This team is nothing special.

Again, what is the identity of this team? Who forges it? Where does the direction come from? Was there anything resembling identity against the Laffs, in a home game, national tv, poor opponent, dire need of points and performance? They can't just say, 'Oh well, forget it, time to regroup', ad nauseum. They cannot forget it. They have to burn with the pain of losing. A shocking embarrassment, and I can no longer trust the players when they will say, 'We're embarrassed': it is evident by your play you have no compunction about turning performances like this, like the lifeless displays for the last few weeks.

Utterly disgusted.

Anyone still think this is just a little slump, like every team goes through? Why people bury their heads in sand, I'll never know. After a fantastic stretch, we are now getting badly pasted by several teams behind us, on a routine basis. This is a write-off year for the Habs as it stands, no way this team makes the playoffs. Lot more teams catching up, teams with spirit, guts, will and identity.

I was serious when I wrote on another thread to get rid of Koivu and Kovalev. Koivu as captain is just never going to happen, ever. Whether it is him or the team, it has been the same for 10+ years now. Anyone who won't wake up to that FACT is blind. It seems to be the continual behind-doors pissing contest between him and Kovalev, all unspoken of course, but brutally obvious. IMO it is NOT a coincidence that our play has plummeted since he has come back. The feeling around the players, their effort is very noticeably different. And much as I love Kovy, he has to go if he cannot work with another player being captain. His ego has been bruised and it has affected his play, and therefore directly affects others, for the worse accross the board. Even more worringly, it appears there is nothing left on the team, no unity, no desire, no effort, almost no-one willing to play even up to their respective potential (Lapierre a very notable exception; how far is he from being named Captain?), mailing it in. FFS, guys run our players now on an almost game-by-game basis, and rarely does anyone stand up for each other. They seem to be too preoccupied figuring out the finer points of things. What does this do for the education of someone like Pacioretty, seeing the vets mail it in like this? This team is nothing special.

Again, what is the identity of this team? Who forges it? Where does the direction come from? Was there anything resembling identity against the Laffs, in a home game, national tv, poor opponent, dire need of points and performance? They can't just say, 'Oh well, forget it, time to regroup', ad nauseum. They cannot forget it. They have to burn with the pain of losing. A shocking embarrassment, and I can no longer trust the players when they will say, 'We're embarrassed': it is evident by your play you have no compunction about turning performances like this, like the lifeless displays for the last few weeks.

Utterly disgusted.

I can't hear you, I have sand in my ear.