Habs vs. Leafs | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Anyone still think this is just a little slump, like every team goes through? Why people bury their heads in sand, I'll never know. After a fantastic stretch, we are now getting badly pasted by several teams

This team is notorious for its slumps....and lengthy slumps at that. Not last year....they seemed to avoid itm but the previoys two years they had massive slumps right around Christmas that last for months and the one year they missed the playoffs.

This team has some major concerns and none of them are being addressed. As Johnny Upton once said....'its f*cking embarrasing'

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay sure Price let in some garbage goals tonight. He looked like crap, sure but he is not the only reason the Habs lost tonight. A lack lusture performance with really no habs impressing me the slightest.

Watch out boys we could have a long summer if we dont steady the ship.

In one sense, you can't just 'blame Price' because the team as a whole does not look good.

On the other hand, it's precisely like the Philadelphia series last year. Price goes in the tank, and the whole team suffers - plays more erratically defensively, starts rushing shots and consequently missing chances, etc.. The fact is this team, like almost any team (except Detroit, seemingly) needs to have confidence in its goalie in order to play well. Price is rattled and its disturbing the whole team. I've watched the same thing in Vancouver, where I live, every time Luongo struggles.

If Price puts together a couple of games in which he makes the big saves AND avoids softies, this team will start winning again.

I'm embarassed by the last two games. I'm ashamed to say that I have now wasted both my friday and saturday nights watching lackluster play against teams below us in the standings.

How much more of this do we have to take? I just don't get what Gainey is waiting for here... clearly this team is dificient in a variety of areas, and losing Lang just made some of the holes that much more glaring.

MAKE A F'ING MOVE ALREADY

The offense is sucking at the same time as the goaltending is sucking, That about sums it up.

Offense: STOP THE ING FANCY PLAYS! Why is Lapierre's line been so effective for over a month now? Because they play ugly but it gets the job done. I'm sick of the "Euro" style. SKost alone with the goalie and does a drop off pass to nobody? WTF?

And Koivu: you cant shoot. You're too small to screen too. Stop hanging around in the slot as if you were Brett Hull or in the crease like your were Tim Kerr. You're neither. Your job is to setup plays, not finish them. Let Dago or Higgins take the shots... on second thought, let Dago take the shots. Higgins is like Kovalev: only scores on breakaways.

And Kovy? Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. That's all. Nothing else. Stop the dangles and just shoot the MF'ing puck.

Plex needs to be drawn away from the heavy gravitational pull of Kovy's sinking ego. Higgins-Plex-AKost always worked. Put Koivu with Kovy. Let them have to work things out together. If they can't, ship them both out. It's about the team, not the players.

Play the shit out of Lapierre & Pacioretty. They're your two best forwards right now. Throw Dago on the right wing for good mesure.

And Tanguay, please hurry the hell up. We need you now more than ever.

Oh, and Bob? Are you still with us Bob? We know you're the patient type working in the shadows, but dont wait too long. And dont pull another Ribs-for-Niinimaa too, please?!

I'm embarassed by the last two games. [/size]

No kidding...try being there live for 1 of the 2 (buffalo) :puke:

15-2 shots in the first?

I dont care how bad of scoring chances they were..hits lead to opportunities...opportunities lead to goals and we got burned tonight

In a way i am kind of glad this happened....mainly because I am going to the March 21st game and hope i can see a damn habs win live for once !! ^_^

Earth to carbo...give the fans what they want....a scrap for eff sakes!!! Sergei and Grabovski need to drop the mits next game forsure!

I liked BGL's tenacity today...however he was not effective on the PP...i would like to try Komi in front of the oppositions tender on the PP for the next series of road games and see how that works!

I would also like to see Diago-Koivu-Kovalev on a line.

Heres to hoping they at least play .500 on the road trip :wacko:

Atm I cant see us making any threat at all if we were to make the playoffs so just start selling of all the UFA's and get some decent return for them. Pick up manny legace on waivers and send Price to Hamilton if we can. I bet we could squeeze into the playoffs and get some homegame cash even if we do.

Atm I cant see us making any threat at all if we were to make the playoffs so just start selling of all the UFA's and get some decent return for them. Pick up manny legace on waivers and send Price to Hamilton if we can. I bet we could squeeze into the playoffs and get some homegame cash even if we do.

Had until noon yesterday to get Legace.... not that I would. There goes cap space! Doh!

Price sucked last night and hasn't been his best since his return, small flashes. I liked how he waved good-bye to the last goal ass it sailed in. Nice goaltending. Wow, talk about over hyped! All-star sieve! I am sure he isn't too happy with things himself. The team in front of him is the biggest pile of crap I have seen in the tri-colour in years. Make some calls Bob, let us know what you were odffered for who. We can help you make the deal. I hate this under achieving lineup! Talk about no heart. Did they even care that they got their butts wiped last night? We traded the wrong Belerusian, that much is glaringly obvious. Should have sent Sir Gay Cause Shitthen. At least grabs seems to have some desire to win games! I hope he has fun laughing at the Habs in the papers today. He earned the right! But hey, again, the captain, he tries and as some say, leads by example. Yep, Saku is a proven loser and has lead us down a road of sucking again. Just saying what I have seen since his return. Thank you. Oh, attacking the wrong guy am I? How many of you think he went after Kovalev and reamed him out yet for his performances? If he is a great leader, why do we suck so hard with him as compared to without? Yes, you can all go Saku this Sakyu that, but I will let the record stand. Never a 90 pnt guy, never a cup appearance, never a top centre or a top shut down centre, he beat cancer , he lives, he won gold at something once, who cares. He is a loser and leads us to loss after loss. season after season. That is a fact that I can't over look any longer. I won't listen to the blind defences of him any more. No, it is not the coaches fault that he has a team full of talented guys that couldn't care less so don't put the blame there. He is stuck with these chumps until they are moved. Wake the funk up or take off the shirt! If you don't think winning is everything, go back to where you come from.

Gainey's big mistake was trading Huet last year, putting Price on a pedestal, then instead of replacing Huet with a vet backup, decided to go with the two kids. We have no steady influence in goal.

Price is not ready, imo. He needed to win the job and always have a guy pushing him to be better. The team needs a vet backup now that can steady things down when Price is crappy.

As for the forwards, this is what happens when you depend on a guy like Kovalev and a bunch of kids for your offense. Kovy is not dependable, period. The kids (Pleks, Higgins in particular) played over their heads last year and have crashed back to earth. That is how you end up with Lang as your leading scorer.

To be fair to Bob, injuries are killing the team this year. Tanguay, Koivu and Lang in particular. Koivu is struggling now, Tanguay will be rustier then Sundin on his return, and Lang is gone. There goes the three "steady" guys up front. If you are waiting on Pleks or Kovy to step up, don't hold your breath.

This team really needs a strong number one centre, and at this point, a replacement for Kovy. Given how hard it is to trade, and the weak position we are now trading from, that is a tall order. I doubt Gainey can pull a rabbit out of his hat....

Excuse the french but...

On est pourris!!!! :( :( :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

The habs are basically a "Forrest Gump" team right ( no pun intended )

To what was a promising start with promising youngsters , something has poisoned the dressing room and the team is spinning down a whirlpool on which Gainey is handcuffed.

A long summer awaits :angry:

Toronto looked like a playoff team and we looked like spoilers that couldn't get it up.

According to CBC, Halak was supposed to start, but was sick.

If he's been stricken with any ailment lesser than Ebola, I'm willing to bet he could have done a better job than Price last night.

Good thing about this summer is that alot of garbage is going out the door with ending contracts. Never thought I would say this but I hope they dont resign any of those UFA's except Komi if the price is reasonable.

Good thing about this summer is that alot of garbage is going out the door with ending contracts. Never thought I would say this but I hope they dont resign any of those UFA's except Komi if the price is reasonable.

No offence, but that has to be sheer frustration talking. You're saying that this team should get rid of

-Saku Koivu

-Alex Kovalev

-Steve Bégin

-Francis Bouillon

-Tom Kostopolous

-Robert Lang

-Alex Tanguay

-and maybe Komisarek.

I don't even want to know what your position is on our RFAs (Plekanec, Higgins, Latendresse, D'Agostini)!

I would expect us to make a serious attempt to re-sign Komisarek, Koivu, Tanguay, and Kostopolous, as well as all of the RFAs. Bouillon might be back at a steep reduction. Lang might be back because I doubt that he will be in demand due to an injury that could end his effectiveness. But the point is, to sign none of these guys is to court a serious lurch backwards for the franchise.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Talk about lousy performances by our boys over the week-end. They sucked on Friday against the Sabres, and i was really ashamed by the performance on Saturday night against a weak leafs team.

Our boys didn't even look like they wanted to win this game...no effort.

STOP THE ######ING FANCY PLAYS! Why is Lapierre's line been so effective for over a month now? Because they play ugly but it gets the job done. I'm sick of the "Euro" style. SKost alone with the goalie and does a drop off pass to nobody? WTF?

I completely agree with Kozed on this one...I'm starting to thikn that we may have too many europeans on this team...too much finesse, not enough toughness and desire to win.

This week-end was pathetic. I'm just amazed that we are still in 4th place this morning, condsidering we've lost 7 of our last 9 games!

I didn't miss the game but I did miss the opening ceremony. Was there some special Centennial event marking the game? Was there a special announcement? Was it "The Official Centennial, give up the blueline to the opposition night" or was it "The Official Centennial screen your own goalie night"?

The offense is sucking at the same time as the goaltending is sucking, That about sums it up.

Offense: STOP THE ######ING FANCY PLAYS! Why is Lapierre's line been so effective for over a month now? Because they play ugly but it gets the job done. I'm sick of the "Euro" style. SKost alone with the goalie and does a drop off pass to nobody? WTF?

And Koivu: you cant shoot. You're too small to screen too. Stop hanging around in the slot as if you were Brett Hull or in the crease like your were Tim Kerr. You're neither. Your job is to setup plays, not finish them. Let Dago or Higgins take the shots... on second thought, let Dago take the shots. Higgins is like Kovalev: only scores on breakaways.

And Kovy? Shoot. Shoot. Shoot. That's all. Nothing else. Stop the dangles and just shoot the MF'ing puck.

Plex needs to be drawn away from the heavy gravitational pull of Kovy's sinking ego. Higgins-Plex-AKost always worked. Put Koivu with Kovy. Let them have to work things out together. If they can't, ship them both out. It's about the team, not the players.

Play the shit out of Lapierre & Pacioretty. They're your two best forwards right now. Throw Dago on the right wing for good mesure.

And Tanguay, please hurry the hell up. We need you now more than ever.

Oh, and Bob? Are you still with us Bob? We know you're the patient type working in the shadows, but dont wait too long. And dont pull another Ribs-for-Niinimaa too, please?!

hmmmm... I agree with all of it.