Habs @ Flames | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ ccdacb75.gif
29-18-6 for 64 points....................30-18-4 for 64 points
(5th East)..................................(3rd West)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Calgary Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev
(21)Higgins - (11)Koivu - (36)D'Agostini
(67)Pacioretty - (40) Lapierre - (74)S.Kostitsyn
(17)Laraque - (22)Begin - (6)Kostopoulos

(79)Markov - (8)Komisarek
(44)Hamrlik - (3)O'Byrne/(71)Brisebois
(51)Bouillon - (26)Gorges

24778.jpg vs. 2873.jpg
Jaroslav Halak................Miika Kiprusoff

TV: RDS, SNET-West
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dream of the day that thomas will sit a game...maybe it's time tonight.

You mean Plexo? You see, I dream not of the day he sits, but of the day he finds his game. To each their own, I guess.

I freaking hate the Flamers. Let's hope their suckitude is just starting, whereas ours is just ending.

It will be good to get away from Montreal to start the turn-around! I would like the Plekanecs line broken up. If it was up to me, I would have:

A. Kostitsyn - Koivu - D'Agostini

Higgins - Lapierre - Kovalev

Pacioretty - Plekanecs - S. Kostitsyn

Laraque - Begin - Kostopoulos

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Gorges - Dandenault

Can someone explain to me how Bouillion escapes the press box? O'Byrne has been playing very solid hockey since being called back up, what has Bouillion done? If you're looking for a place for Dandenault to play why not put him with Gorges on the 3rd pairing.

Our schedule this week:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. Ugh. That's terrible for me actually watching the games. I base my viewing completely around the Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday model. I can throw in the occasional Monday and Wednesday games, but Friday and Sunday are terrible game days/nights.

Our sucktitude coincided with the schedule getting thrown out of whack with the All-Star game, and we only won our Saturday and Tuesday games in that stretch (the second Saturday game was a back-to-back scenario that we lost). Am I reading too much here? I think routine is important.

I fear a very ugly week.

Can someone explain to me how Bouillion escapes the press box? O'Byrne has been playing very solid hockey since being called back up, what has Bouillion done? If you're looking for a place for Dandenault to play why not put him with Gorges on the 3rd pairing.

Just my guess for his possible placement. Dandy was last off the ice, which apparently means that he's unlikely to play.

There is no doubt in my mind that Bouillon should be put up in the pressbox at least for a few games. Unless Dandy is not able to go, then i can understand, but once there is another healthy d-man, Dandy or Breezer, the Cube shouldbe 1st up in the pressbox. -8 on the season, and dropping fast, only Diago at -9 is worse.

Hope to see no Bouillon in the lineup.

The only reason I go to ek's site.......

Funny lately when I see game reports the only interviews (I see) are of Price and Guy.......no Koviu/Kovalev/Higgins/Plex/Komi...........

My favourite quote from Eric Engels on Alex Kovalev's performance saturday night: "In simple terms, not only did he suck on Saturday, it almost looked like he felt he was too good to put in any effort against the Leafs, and yet he did a sparkling job of looking like the worst player on the ice-- in such graceful fashion. It was like watching Scarlett Johansson get naked, and then watching her puke on herself."

Brisebois' foot is injured.

Brisebois' foot is injured.

not so sure how that's an answer to why bouillion is not being scratched.... Dandenault has apparently been ready to play since Friday, and prior to his injury was playing some of his best game as a Habs on D.

Usually long road trips can hurt most teams. Luckily the Habs arent most teams. :D

This prolonged road trip could be just what the Habs need. They need to get away from the pressure cooker that is Montreal. Its hard playing in Montreal and what makes it really hard is that basically every player gets hyped up to play in Montreal so that usually means the Habs have a shitty home record because every team is well prepared and hyped up to play in front of the unique crowd at the Bell centre. Then theres the extensive media circus and fan hype in Montreal. None of that will be following the Habs on this road trip so hopefully they can figure out their problems and get back to playing hockey. Or so I hope.

Go Habs Go!!

Let this be a winning road trip, we all know the Habs need strong road record at this point in the season.

not so sure how that's an answer to why bouillion is not being scratched.... Dandenault has apparently been ready to play since Friday, and prior to his injury was playing some of his best game as a Habs on D.

Probably because Carbonneau doesn't trust him as a Dman.

Probably because Carbonneau doesn't trust him as a Dman.

but rather keep a guy who's playing worse than any other Dmen we have (breisbois included) who is now -8 on the season. I just don't get the logic here... maybe Bouillion is a better Dman than Dandenault... but not the way he's playing right now. Have the guy sit down for a game or two and maybe that sends enough of a message to wake him up.