Carbonneau cancelled today's practice

rafikz

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I can guess is that it might be a bonding session for the players to regroup. It's 22 days until the deadline. The ball should start rolling on trades across the league soon.

Carbo will address the media and Habsinsideout should have a audio link available by 7 or 8 PM EST.

True....

Unless Carbo resigns....

Maybe a trade?

nothing to do with carbo. guys, to replace a coach, you have to make sure you have a solution ready somewhere.

I only see two "viable" option, none of which would be really different / better than Carbo.

Bob coaching again?

Hartley?

Wait, you guys are trying to say Carbonneau is holding a conference to tell us that he's fired?

That this conference is to announce a captaincy change? A trade?

LOL

Hopefully no one's holding their breath over these "possibilities"

Whatever it is, I'm under the impression that Carbeau is losing Kovalev, which is not good since he is the star and friend with the other Russians on the team.

Remember Ilya Kovalchuck? Hartley was fired because of him

I'm sure Carbo is having the "press conference" as a courtesy to let them know why there was no practice, and what to expect for tomorrow's game. Essentially, the same type of "press conference" he'd have after any normal day. The fact that it's just Carbo tells you all you need to know... business as usual aside from the cancelled practice. Part of being a coach is dealing with the media, and that's all that is happening later today. He might announce the starting goalie, any lineup changes, or talk about some things the team will have to do well tomorrow vs. the Oilers. Nothing special.

Whatever it is, I'm under the impression that Carbeau is losing Kovalev, which is not good since he is the star and friend with the other Russians on the team.

The Thrashers were also dead last in the NHL, which might have had something to do with the firing as well. :rolleyes:

Sure, but some people seem to think Carbonneau is ready to fire himself. :P

If anything, Carbonneau is meeting with media to try and smooth out some of the panic running through the city - and the papers. Or, he's doing it to publicly call out some of his players. Better yet, he might be doing it just to explain, from his point of view, the problems with the team right now and how they are playing.

I believe it was last year when Montreal was in a similar slump and he flipped out on the bench and told the players to quit feeling sorry for themselves. It might be time for a statment like this.

Wait, you guys are trying to say Carbonneau is holding a conference to tell us that he's fired?

That this conference is to announce a captaincy change? A trade?

LOL

Hopefully no one's holding their breath over these "possibilities"

I'm holding my breath, but for other reasons. :unsure:

Carbonneau: " I'm here to announce my comeback as a player for the MTL Canadiens; I'll also wear the C "

Carbonneau is still in good enough shape - I wouldn't be surprised if he were capable of mounting a comeback :P.

He's got a bad hip though, so that might slow him down.

Carbonneau: " I'm here to announce my comeback as a player for the MTL Canadiens; I'll also wear the C "

We haven't had a better captain since him, that I know.

He is going to announce h was fire? Has anyone ever done that?

Is he going to name his replacement too? Geez.

It will be a song and dance about how we are sucking, but all teams go through suckage and we will soon not suck so much talk is what I think. Not going to put myself out to hear it, that is for sure. Bob Gainey would announce a trade or firing, so it is not that.