Carbonneau cancelled today's practice

rafikz

Maybe he's banning the medias from the team's entourage. He could say the trade rumors are affecting the players and he dont want them to have any more distractions so he's restricting media access...

Just a guess, I really dont see why he'd call a press conference. If he'd give his resignation, the only reason I'd see him do that would be to tell the players to go screw themselves and that he's sick of them... wait... that could actually happen. Naaah, Carbo ain't a quitter.

Change of captaincy? After saying just last week that he wouldnt take the C of Koivu? Unlikely...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been leaked, it seems our coach reads our sight. He is here to announce our jersey's for tomorrows games!

http://www.nbmha.ca/Images/TimbitHockeyJersey.jpg

Edited by johnnyhasbeen

I was kidding about the captaincy... but that is the sort of thing Carbo can decide and announce. Trades, new coaches, etc.. those are all Gainey.

My bet is that the team is regrouping together. They had a closed door meeting, then went bowling together. That is a good sign imo that they are going to pull together to get out of this mess.

I suspect the press conference is no big deal, just a media scrum. Carbo will give his usual blah blah about the team struggles, etc.

I was kidding about the captaincy... but that is the sort of thing Carbo can decide and announce. Trades, new coaches, etc.. those are all Gainey.

My bet is that the team is regrouping together. They had a closed door meeting, then went bowling together. That is a good sign imo that they are going to pull together to get out of this mess.

I suspect the press conference is no big deal, just a media scrum. Carbo will give his usual blah blah about the team struggles, etc.

you will be proven absolutely correct. much ado about nothing although I like the carbo comeback theory :hlogo:

Nice move spending the day off, playing some bowling.

Apparently the players appreciated the gesture and had a lot of fun.

Closed door meeting.. the team spending time bowling.. maybe this will shed some negativity and give the habs a good boost in the 5 upcoming games.

5-1-0... i'm calling it.

Closed door meeting.. the team spending time bowling.. maybe this will shed some negativity and give the habs a good boost in the 5 upcoming games.

This is where we find out if the current leadership core has any chance at getting this team anywhere or if it's time to move on without Koivu and Kovalev, the two veteran leaders.

Heard Markov tried to pass the bowling ball, Kovalev took forever to shoot his, Bouillon couldnt get his ball all the way to the pins and AKost was always 2 lanes away.

And Price couldn't stop his from rolling back between his legs

O'Byrne put one in the wrong alley, and although Pleks bowled a perfect game last year,when they went this time he couldn't make a mark!

can anyone fill me in on what the "press conference" was about? I assume nothing 'newsworthy'.

That is what I was wondering...

O'Byrne put one in the wrong alley, and although Pleks bowled a perfect game last year,when they went this time he couldn't make a mark!

That is what I was wondering...

the interview is on habs inside out and it is absolutely nothing to get excited about as I said earlier "much ado about nothing"

Well Kosto & Lapierre did good. Of course, they were throwing 3 feet from the pins.

SKost got nothing. Everytime his turn came, he'd give his ball to his brother so Andrei could shoot for him.

Absent from the bowling game: Higgins and Plekanec. Well, they signed in for the bowling shoes, but after that nobody saw them...

Georges Laraque pummeled the shoe guy for looking at Plekanec funny.

Kostopoulus got pummeled by the bouncer in the bar who was much, much larger.

And Brisebois was booed everytime he touched a ball....oh that was so a few years ago

:lol:

For some reason, I had visions of them doing some trust exercises, falling backwards into each others' arms. Bowling was probably the better choice.

That would have been worth price of admission:

Carbo: "Here Kovy, you stand and catch Saks as he tumbles into space. Then Saks, you do the same for Kovy."

Muller: "Err...maybe Kovy should go first.'

Long silence. Kovy and Saks staring at each other.

Kovy: "You first, cap."

Saks: "No, you first, All-star."

Kovy: "You first."

Saks: "You first."

Higgins (after 30-minute standoff): "I'm going to the mall to get drunk. Anyone wanna come?"

O'Byrne (without thinking): "ME! Er, me, um, not going to, er, get drunk, er...is, is that your purse, Tomas? Can I see?"

(Lapierre and Kosto sneaking hits of tequila in the background)

This dumbass decision by Carbonneau to take a day off and then get pounded by the Oilers may be the final straw. Carbonneau may be very close to getting fired.

He obviously has no idea what he is doing. Watch his interviews.........he has no idea what is going on

That would have been worth price of admission:

Carbo: "Here Kovy, you stand and catch Saks as he tumbles into space. Then Saks, you do the same for Kovy."

Muller: "Err...maybe Kovy should go first.'

Long silence. Kovy and Saks staring at each other.

Kovy: "You first, cap."

Saks: "No, you first, All-star."

Kovy: "You first."

Saks: "You first."

Higgins (after 30-minute standoff): "I'm going to the mall to get drunk. Anyone wanna come?"

O'Byrne (without thinking): "ME! Er, me, um, not going to, er, get drunk, er...is, is that your purse, Tomas? Can I see?"

(Lapierre and Kosto sneaking hits of tequila in the background)

:clap::clap: Thanks Tokyohabs. At least something habs' related is still entertaining