Habs @ Oilers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Stupid coaching, stupid coaching, stupid coaching :puke:

This is not coaching, this is on the players.

Something is wrong with their chemistry. Bob needs to identify the problems and fix them.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not coaching, this is on the players.

Something is wrong with their chemistry. Bob needs to identify the problems and fix them.

It's on the coaching staff:

- Different lines every night now

- Our D sucks and he put #26 on an offensive line; brilliant.

- BGL on the PP?

Gagner scores. The night gets better. Anyone in the Habs organization remember what "gagner" means?

They certainly know about the "gag" part...

He doesn't need a veteran backup. Does Steve Mason?

Funny how Dan LaCosta steps in to the lineup in Columbus and posts a shutout.

I don't care how Price is playing, he was fantastic from February to late December and his struggles have

coincided with the Canadiens playing terrible.

Blame him all you want, it's not on him

I know you love Price, but this is far worse then anything Huet did and you wanted him run out of town.. take the blinders off.. Price has a lot of talent but he has yet to show he can be a number one goalie for a full season.

Mason is not Price, and Mason has earned it, not been given it.. and still... they have not annointed him their number one and traded away all their other goalies...

Young goalies can often look amazing, but they are rarely consistent.. that is why so few of them are number one at this age... Price was rushed and it is hurting him. Look at Fleury.. he was the next Roy too.. he is still struggling to get back to form..

I know you love Price, but this is far worse then anything Huet did and you wanted him run out of town.. take the blinders off.. Price has a lot of talent but he has yet to show he can be a number one goalie for a full season.

Mason is not Price, and Mason has earned it, not been given it.. and still... they have not annointed him their number one and traded away all their other goalies...

Young goalies can often look amazing, but they are rarely consistent.. that is why so few of them are number one at this age... Price was rushed and it is hurting him. Look at Fleury.. he was the next Roy too.. he is still struggling to get back to form..

I ran Huet out of town because he was going to make 5M+ per season.

Huet would be getting lit up right now behind this team. So why would you pay two goalies 8M?

Are you trying to tell me that Steve Mason is better than Price? The guy plays in a system which made stars

out of Roman Cechmanek, Roman Turek, Robert Esche and Pascal Leclaire. And he has been annointed number one,

that is why he started 20 games in a row, even when he was suffering from mononucleosis.

Dan LaCosta stepped in and dropped a shutout in his second career start. Where do you think that came from?

Price was not rushed, if he played on the Jackets he would be putting up monster numbers.

Price and Halak are getting hung out to dry on a nightly basis. The Oilers got destroyed 10-2 and 7-2 over the last

week and the Habs are making them look like Cup contenders. How many point blank chances have they had in less

than 40 minutes?

The fact that habs fans hang it on their goaltenders is typical.

Edited by Wamsley01

What is Kostopoulous thinking? Showing heart? 1v5 and no other habs jumps quickly in to help. LMAO

If Laraque doesn't do something to either Souray or Stortini before this game is over, he should be taken out back and shot.

I ran Huet out of town because he was going to make 5M+ per season.

Huet would be getting lit up right now behind this team. So why would you pay two goalies 8M?

Are you trying to tell me that Steve Mason is better than Price? The guy plays in a system which made stars

out of Roman Cechmanek, Roman Turek, Robert Esche and Pascal Leclaire. And he has been annointed number one,

that is why he started 20 games in a row, even when he was suffering from mononucleosis.

Price was not rushed, if he played on the Jackets he would be putting up monster numbers.

Price and Halak are getting hung out to dry on a nightly basis. The Oilers got destroyed 10-2 and 7-2 over the last

week and the Habs are making them look like Cup contenders. How many point blank chances have they had in less

than 40 minutes?

The fact that habs fans hang it on their goaltenders is typical.

Again.. I am hanging it on the entire team.. but tonight they came out hard and price played like crap. the last Price start they were doing okay and then Price let in a long shot to open the flood gates...

I am not excusing Price.. the team is sucking and so is Price. You seem to want to give him a pass all the time, but he is not earning it. He couldn't win this by himself, but he is playing like shit... I have yet to see a commentator say "Price is fine, the team sucks".. they all say "the team sucks and Price is playing very poorly...

There is only one way out of this slump.. either the team has to wake up and win despite Price, or Price has to steal a few for them to get them back on track.. at the moment, I am not holding my breath...

Gainey needs to make a few trades to shake this team up.. they will be lucky to be in the playoffs be the end of this road trip...

If Laraque doesn't do something to either Souray or Stortini before this game is over, he should be taken out back and shot.

That's actually the only reason I'm still watching. I still have a faint hope that one of the Canadiens forgot their panties on the bus and might actually show a little anger towards being the laughing stock of the league.

Why dress Laraque for a game against his friends? He even stated he didn't want to fight, he wanted to score.

Wow, unreal.

To put everything at Price's door is unfair - he has been equally garbage as all the others in front of him. As Wamsley said, we've been relying on goalies for how long? Since 1980?

They're all crap...hope they had a great time at the All-Star game...