Something to cheer about

alexstream

At least we are not the Senators :unsure:

:hlogo:

We're the Sens of last year.

at least they will get a decent draft pick while timmins will pick in the 20s and get us another David Fisher...

I think the best think to cheer about: few of them players will be back !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

get Lang for cheap

tanguay if he wants in and komisarek if he's not too expensive.

I would likeKostopoulos back, please !!

We're the Sens of last year.

at least they will get a decent draft pick while timmins will pick in the 20s and get us another David Fisher...

I think the best think to cheer about: few of them players will be back !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

get Lang for cheap

tanguay if he wants in and komisarek if he's not too expensive.

I would likeKostopoulos back, please !!

No, we won't pick in the 1st. that pick will be traded. we have enough 1st and prospects and such as it is.

if we pick it's because it's been traded for a top pick...

I want komo back, but if Jay Bou is on the UFA market... I'm not sure I care about Komo. :P

After those two guys, Tanguay is my priority.

No, we won't pick in the 1st. that pick will be traded. we have enough 1st and prospects and such as it is.

if we pick it's because it's been traded for a top pick...

I want komo back, but if Jay Bou is on the UFA market... I'm not sure I care about Komo. :P

After those two guys, Tanguay is my priority.

if we have both Pronger and Bouwmeester that I don'T see why we'd overpay for komisarek

it,s dangerous thing to trade a 1st rounder to years in row when you're lacking key pieces in your farm system. unless he ends up with 3+ second rounders.

should he trade it I hope it wont be for a rental.

if we have both Pronger and Bouwmeester that I don'T see why we'd overpay for komisarek

it,s dangerous thing to trade a 1st rounder to years in row when you're lacking key pieces in your farm system. unless he ends up with 3+ second rounders.

Detroit has done it for about 10 years.

besides, I think Timmins is better in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round than in the 1st.

(and I have no beef with that, 1st = tanguay :P)

Detroit has done it for about 10 years.

besides, I think Timmins is better in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th round than in the 1st.

(and I have no beef with that, 1st = tanguay :P)

timmins only screwd up urquhart in the later rounds.

Detroit did it in an era where they could buy everybody just because they were Detroit.Mind you Detroit's front office is the best in the league and has been for so many years.

Like I said, unless you can get that offensive non-UFA centerman, you keep that pick...especially since the Draft is in montreal.

Pronger? Bouwmeester? I think expecting we'll be able to get both of these guys is a bit unrealstic.

Bou would be a dream, but to be honest, I don't want Pronger. Dirty, overrated...

Pronger? Bouwmeester? I think expecting we'll be able to get both of these guys is a bit unrealstic.

Bou would be a dream, but to be honest, I don't want Pronger. Dirty, overrated...

more like very tough and very good and yeah a little dirty maybe we need some of that. I am so tired of the habs getting penalties for little pitty pat pushes. Hell if we are going to go down better a wolf than a lamb. we already have the politest tough guy in the league, georges should be in the running for the lady byng :wall: ok i'm kidding about that.

I'm looking forward to the impending fire burning sale and getting some new players in the habs uniform.

I'm really tired of watching the same old thing. No effort, lazy players, no physical play, horrible defense, no offense. I've seen it way too much over the last 15 years.

Please BG, eject the core and vets. it's painfull to watch.

At least we are not the Senators :unsure:

:hlogo:

Funny you should say that!! Cause I'm getting the impression that the 09' Habs are starting to look more and more like the 08' Senators, in that they both had great starts but will have horrible ends to their seasons and end up missing the playoffs. Now that would be embarassing!

at this point I'm sure Price and Halak would love to have a dirty Dman in front of them...now get me Emelin as well !!

If we don't sign Tom Kostopopolopolous I will be pissed. I have a man crush on him right now.

Me too. I love this guy's heart and grit. he's like a begin without all the stupid penalties.

Funny you should say that!! Cause I'm getting the impression that the 09' Habs are starting to look more and more like the 08' Senators, in that they both had great starts but will have horrible ends to their seasons and end up missing the playoffs. Now that would be embarassing!

Sens made the playoffs last year

That is surface level analysis. How does the Sens roster and farm system mirror the Habs in anyway?

The habs have a strong farm system and are not locked in long term to the majority of their roster.

The Sens are locked into 42M on Spezza, Heatley, Alfreddson, Fischer, Vermette, Kelly, Phillps, Smith and Volchenkov.

The Habs are locked into 24M next season.

They have kids like Paccioretty, D'Agostini, Weber, Chipchura, Subban on the verge and guys like Higgins, Plekanec, Halak, Latendresse that are legit trade bait to improve the team going forward.

The Sens are on the tail end of a long run, the Habs are just ramping up for one.

They are not similar in ANYWAY!

Last year's Sens: Came into the season with Cup aspirations and played well the first half of the season. They collapsed, never recovered, barely made the playoffs, and got taken out early.

This year's Habs: Came into the season with Cup aspirations and played well the first half of the season. They collapsed, look like they'll be lucky to make the playoffs, and look nothing like a contender.

If the Habs don't turn things around, then they absolutely are this year's Senators.

Sens made the playoffs last year

That is surface level analysis. How does the Sens roster and farm system mirror the Habs in anyway?

The habs have a strong farm system and are not locked in long term to the majority of their roster.

The Sens are locked into 42M on Spezza, Heatley, Alfreddson, Fischer, Vermette, Kelly, Phillps, Smith and Volchenkov.

The Habs are locked into 24M next season.

They have kids like Paccioretty, D'Agostini, Weber, Chipchura, Subban on the verge and guys like Higgins, Plekanec, Halak, Latendresse that are legit trade bait to improve the team going forward.

The Sens are on the tail end of a long run, the Habs are just ramping up for one.

Come on, no one said the Habs are as screwed long-term as the Senators are. But the situation of the '07-08 Sens and the 08-09 Habs is comparable. There's no raging analysis needed.

Come on, no one said the Habs are as screwed long-term as the Senators are. But the situation of the '07-08 Sens and the 08-09 Habs is comparable. There's no raging analysis needed.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I said what I said! I'm well aware that cap wise, the habs are in better shape...but the 08-09 Habs season is starting look alot like the 07-08 Senators season!

I'm looking forward to the impending fire burning sale and getting some new players in the habs uniform.

I'm really tired of watching the same old thing. No effort, lazy players, no physical play, horrible defense, no offense. I've seen it way too much over the last 15 years.

Please BG, eject the core and vets. it's painfull to watch.

You will get your wish in the offseason as I do not see many of the UFA coming back, or being offered a contract.