Price, Higgins & SKost = the new 3 Amigos?

KoZed

I know we expect a lot from our players, but I'm sorry. If I was 20 years old, rich and famous, I'm pretty sure I would want to go out too.

If it's not affecting their play or getting them into legal trouble, then it's no problem. They have to remember, though, that they wouldn't be rich and famous if not for hockey. Hockey needs to come before partying. If guys are doing this after games when they don't have a game the next day, that's fine. If they're doing it the night before games, then it's a problem.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great link fromage. The Mikhail Grabovski is a fruit cake gallery rox. :lol:

Looking at the other pics, I'm sad to announce that some of our guys looks like fruit cakes too... I mean... this pic just about shattered any chance that I ever take Higgins seriously ever again (is the mop next to him AKost?).

BTW, anyone notices anything wrong with the girl that's hanging with Patrick Kane: http://www.25stanley.com/home/all-star-upd...#comment2979426

Just heard Perron talk more about this on the radio this morning. Said he decided to name the players because he lost his job over the same thing (Chelios/Corson/Hayward) and he didnt even knew about it.

He hinted that Price/Higgins/Sergei are doing more than just drink a lot, and if they keep it up they could be in trouble with the law. (ok, if you need more hint, it'd be about something which nickname is the same nickname as a famous soft-drink)

He also said that during the All-Star weekend, lots of players agents were in Montreal to make sure their star players wouldnt make mistakes, and Price/Higgins/Sergei were dumb enough to have outrageous behavior in public and basically everybody in the league (agents/GMs/scouts) know about it now.

Said Carbo knows about it, and it's the reason why Higgins lost his A and Sergei get scratched often. Also said that other young players who take things seriously *coughLapierrecough* started to get real pissed off about Price/Higgins/Sergei lately.

Wow, not bad ... are you serious that they're into things like coke? Drinking is one thing, couldn't care less about it but doing those kind of drugs is pretty dumb. :huh:

Looking at the other pics, I'm sad to announce that some of our guys looks like fruit cakes too... I mean... this pic just about shattered any chance that I ever take Higgins seriously ever again (is the mop next to him AKost?).

Yes, this must be the older Kost.

Edited by bombTHEice

Yes, coke is definitely the rumor. Don't know if it's Ray Emery inspired or factual, though.

The photos currently released were pretty tame... I had hoped they were just those types of photos and not any that are rumored.

This is horrible if true.

If it is true and it is the reason behind their poor play then Gainey needs to do something about it before it is out of control.

1) Trade Higgins.

2) Sit down with the other two and explain the facts of life.

3) Show Price a slideshow of Theo's career.

4) Sit Price and Kostitsyn until their work ethic and performances are examples for everyone to follow.

This kind of drama tears teams apart.

Drug test them, today, and suspend them if they fail. If not the rumours die. Simply answer. Hate to say it but cocaine and high end partying go hand in hand now like they haven't since the '70's. These guys would here stories of the old players partying and assume they are living the history, but that was a different time and a different team. I have suspected that for awhile so I am not surprised. Being young is not an excuse to do wrong, but it is a reason to make mistakes and learn. I hope they are dealt with and learn from it.

As for the coach going to bars at night, who cares, he is the coach. It isn't the problem here. Too bad they screwed up, as someone says they did, while the league was in town. Would have made quite the package. The league is tired of problem players and are starting to step away from them, as is the NHLPA. Nobody needs the bad press right now. Do we dared to package Price? he would still bring alot, we have goalies in the system. He is shakey, we all know it. He may or may not become great, who knows at this point. He is a goalie and in 10 years he may be the best, or maybe he is just not cut out for this level, and the pressure. Who knows? Different season than I would have foreseen, that is for sure. Now the nickname makes sense. "Jesus, Price, get off the crack would you." Give them the Theo Fleury , you go play in England now, drug treatment, with the appropriate pay check for the rest of the year. That would learn them. Pisses me off that they are doing that on our, the fans coin.

Part of the reason I'm skeptical about these rumors is that they are supposed to be drug tested now under the new CBA, and cocaine has been known to come up in those tests (seems to be the most common non-performance enhancer that does). Until I see any pictures or there is any drug test evidence, these are just rumors based on hearsay. For Jean Perron to go on air with this info is quite irresponsible from a journalistic point of view, and actually from a legal point of view as well (slander).

But in the hockey biz, rumors can play a huge player in terms of value, especially for a guy like Higgins hitting free agency. And for Price, it could play a role in Team Canada selection, although they have put guys like Fleury and Bertuzzi on the team before despite well documented legal/drug use issues.

Holy shit, you mean to tell me a bunch of 20 year old kids with bathtubs full of money are going out and partying? Trade them all!

Seriously, get real people. I hate this kinda of media bull, it's the kinda stuff that makes me ashamed of being a Montrealer. And as for the drug thing, I'm not going to buy it one bit until it's anything more than a bunch of hearsay drummed up by rumor mongers. I feel so sorry for the organization and the players having to put up with this stuff all the time. Just one more distraction to take their mind off of hockey.

Edited by ForumGhost

This stuff obviously happens much more often than anyone cares to assume - but given the age we live in with cameras on everyone's phone and such, facebook and all that, it's easy to understand why stuff gets out much more quickly.

Holy shit, you mean to tell me a bunch of 20 year old kids with bathtubs full of money are going out and partying? Trade them all!

Seriously, get real people. I hate this kinda of media bull, it's the kinda stuff that makes me ashamed of being a Montrealer. And as for the drug thing, I'm not going to buy it one bit until it's anything more than a bunch of hearsay drummed up by rumor mongers. I feel so sorry for the organization and the players having to put up with this stuff all the time. Just one more distraction to take their mind off of hockey.

Nobody said that it's wrong to go out and party all night long.

It's about taking those kind of drugs ... they can party as long as they want but it's more than dumb to take things like coke. Anyways, it's just rumours.

What I find funny is yours, and the general publics outlook that alcohol abuse is less harmful than say cocaine. Fact is alcohol is the worst drug in many ways, it changes a persons personallity and has a day after afect that i have never witnessed from other drugs. Ever hear someone say, "Life at home was ok except for when dad blew a joint, then look out, he was hateful and beat us"? Society should be making alcohol as or more unacceptable as cigarettes. These guys have no right to be drinking or doing anything else that affects their game. They are paid only because of their ability on the ice. I am not surprised that they are doing it, but it can't be allowed. Times have changed. Seems they are creating their own distractions that are taking their minds off hockey. They are under contract and it is clearly statwed in a standard NHL contract that this behavior isn't allowed. Somehow you feel that it should be? They are paid alot to perform on the ice, so they have money, so they can party, so they can't perform on the ice, so ...money?

Show up drunk again and you are fired!

Anyone here with a drinking issue? You would have heard that statement in your life. These guys are not above the rest of us.

Ok, it is a rumour. That is way they should be tested today, before they flush. This team will not win the cup if partying is tearing it apart. These kids have no right to do this and if they are it must stop, if they aren't, well then the rumour is dead. Problem there?

Nobody said that it's wrong to go out and party all night long.

It's about taking those kind of drugs ... they can party as long as they want but it's more than dumb to take things like coke. Anyways, it's just rumours.

How is that better? They are under contract and have no right what so ever to be out partying all night. Alcohol abuse is drug abuse!

I will say this... what I had been tipped off to last week (and it did come from a local source, who heard it via the media grapevine) was that there were a series of photos that were about to be published involving a lot of Montreal's younger players partying it up. That did happen (every player he listed was in the photos at some point, too)... I was also told that they might involve drug use, and that said drug use had become an issue w/r/t practice/team unity. Now, we get Jean Perron spouting off those same allegations.

There's been no evidence of this released, and you guys are very right for being skeptical. The "rumors" part of this could just be someone combining the cocaine rumours out of Ottawa last year with Emery and Redden and applying it to Habs players. The similarity of the rumours has not escaped me, nor has the similarity of the on ice Habs to last year's Sens escaped anyone.

They're still innocent in my eyes of any kind of illegal activity, and they should be. I do think what Perron has gone public with is personally irresponsible on his part, but the Habs might be able to rally around the allegations. There is smoke here... whether there is fire, or it's just someone blowing it, is the unanswered question.

How is that better? They are under contract and have no right what so ever to be out partying all night. Alcohol abuse is drug abuse!

I'm pretty sure their contracts do not restrict their right to party.

If they did, the NHLPA would hire the Beastie Boys to rally the players to forcefully object to that clause. :D

What I find funny is yours, and the general publics outlook that alcohol abuse is less harmful than say cocaine. Fact is alcohol is the worst drug in many ways, it changes a persons personallity and has a day after afect that i have never witnessed from other drugs. Ever hear someone say, "Life at home was ok except for when dad blew a joint, then look out, he was hateful and beat us"? Society should be making alcohol as or more unacceptable as cigarettes. These guys have no right to be drinking or doing anything else that affects their game. They are paid only because of their ability on the ice. I am not surprised that they are doing it, but it can't be allowed. Times have changed. Seems they are creating their own distractions that are taking their minds off hockey. They are under contract and it is clearly statwed in a standard NHL contract that this behavior isn't allowed. Somehow you feel that it should be? They are paid alot to perform on the ice, so they have money, so they can party, so they can't perform on the ice, so ...money?

Show up drunk again and you are fired!

Anyone here with a drinking issue? You would have heard that statement in your life. These guys are not above the rest of us.

Ok, it is a rumour. That is way they should be tested today, before they flush. This team will not win the cup if partying is tearing it apart. These kids have no right to do this and if they are it must stop, if they aren't, well then the rumour is dead. Problem there?

Who said anything about alcohol abuse? Just because there are some pictures around of players drinking, I don't see how that translates to abuse. Also, it's pretty much a well known fact that hard drugs like coke are much more destructive to the body than alcohol.

I have pictures of some habs players partying it up. I 'll try to post them later tonight!

I don't have a problem with our guys going out to party! Everyone is allowed to have a little fun. As long as they do it on a night where they don't have a game the day after, I don't thikn it is a problem. If they go out the night before a game...NOW THAT is a major problem!

Edited by Habsfan

please don't... let these guys have something of a personal life.

ALL right, I won't post them! But I must say, many of these aren't good.

Alot of Habs players with lit cigarettes in their mouths!!! :angry:

Wow.

I wonder if Anaheim Ducks players have to go through this? No wonder nobody wants to play for this team.

If these players were not sucking ass, it wouldn't come up. The rule is that you can do whatever the hell you want IF YOU'RE WINNING. These players need, first, to figure that out; and second, to understand that that principle can only result in making them better. I'm sick of this 'why would anyone want to play in Montreal' stuff. If you win, Montreal is an *incredible* place to play hockey. I can't express my contempt for hockey players who would rather be comfortable losers than winners. Montreal fans hold their players accountable for stinking out the joint, and well they should, especially when those players are capable of soooo much more.