The Habs are trying to trade Kovy for 2 weeks now.

KoZed

Am I the only one that thinks Kovalev will be back after his 2 game break? As much as I hate his constant cough up the puck play, he is a habs and deserves a shot at redemption. He deserves to play out his contract.

Trading Kovalev for a pick when in a playoff race seems remote to me. But then again who would of thought Huet would have been traded just before the playoffs.????

with tanguay coming back real soon you may never notice that the kovy of this year is missing.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with tanguay coming back real soon you may never notice that the kovy of this year is missing.

True, I am just thinking of future RFA that may get concerned about being run out of town. I didnt want this guy signed in the first place but do stick up for players that decided on Montreal to play hockey. Including Mr. Kovalev.

Am I the only one that thinks Kovalev will be back after his 2 game break? As much as I hate his constant cough up the puck play, he is a habs and deserves a shot at redemption. He deserves to play out his contract.

Trading Kovalev for a pick when in a playoff race seems remote to me. But then again who would of thought Huet would have been traded just before the playoffs.????

this is highly probable.

this is highly probable.

NOT ANYMORE apparently

POISON ALERT :

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/269467.html

Mis à l’écart par le Canadien pour une période de deux parties, Alex Kovalev ne prévoit pas reprendre sa place dans la formation du Tricolore à la suite de ce repos, selon ce que rapporte ruefrontenac.com grâce à des confidences émises par le numéro 27 à un informateur russe.

Kovalev ne s’arrête pas là, il vise l’indiscipline des jeunes joueurs de l’équipe à l’extérieur de la patinoire pour expliquer une partie des déboires de l’équipe.

L’attaquant russe ajoute même que les informations révélées au cours des derniers jours représenteraient seulement une fraction de tout ce qui s’est passé.

Par contre, Kovalev refuse de faire de telles déclarations à des journalistes étant donné qu’il traverse une période d’incertitude.

Kovalev ajoute qu’il serait surpris d’endosser le chandail du Canadien après les matchs à Washington et à Pittsburgh.

L’Artiste précise qu’il ne serait pas surpris d’être échangé. Une chose est certaine toutefois, il refuse de poursuivre sa carrière avec le Canadien la saison prochaine.

Translation?

Kov talked to a Russian guy (again) blaming it all on the young guys, that what we've heard about off ice is only the tip of the iceberg, that he doesn't think he'll play again for the Habs this season and definitely doesn't want to play for us next season.

---

Thanks for the fun Alex. You were good, when you wanted to.

The Fan 590 just got through an interesting conversation about Kovy. Whoever they called in (didn't catch the name, not Wilson) thinks Kovy may have played his last game in the uniform if Habs turn things round tonight. Not sure how much stock people take in Kypreos around here, but he says he knows a team who is pursuing Kovy (let's see what he says after the break).

EDIT: He says Columbus wants Kovy. He theorizes a likely scenario is that in the age of the cap, Montreal might dump him somewhere for nothing, but essentially freeing up some cap room. Than, using that cap room, taking another big player for nothing in a similar situation (the example he gives is Jokinen).

Brian (dlbalr) gets a bi of inside info and he told me of a possible Kovalev deal (this was a few days ago, before he got sent home) but I don't know if he'd want me to post it. Last time he said not to so I guess you can just wait for him and see what he does. We can get a decent amount for him though, a 2nd, or even a 1st would be a disappointment.

Kov talked to a Russian guy (again) blaming it all on the young guys, that what we've heard about off ice is only the tip of the iceberg, that he doesn't think he'll play again for the Habs this season and definitely doesn't want to play for us next season.

---

Thanks for the fun Alex. You were good, when you wanted to.

The "seulement une fraction" part makes me think of steroids... which makes me think of Lapierre's 12 pound gain in the summer. Could some of our young players (not necessarily Lapierre) be on steroids this season? It's probably "just" drugs.

That's just wild speculation, nothing more.

What in the past 10 threads isn't speculation? Nobody said it was true. I even put a question mark...

Seems like Kovy is taking a bashing, and i have not commented yet. I agree that he has been very inconsistent this season, but the teams troubles seem to be much beyond Kovy. He has still produce some offense, just not as much as last year. When he his scoring, fans accept all of his turnovers as creativity, but when results aren't there, it's selfishness.

I for one, hope that Kovy comes back and helps the Habs go on a good playoff run.

If Pleks had been better, Kovy would have more points. Also, missing a triggerman on the PP has forced other teams to key on Kovy. Would be nice to see Schneider blasting away from the point with Kovy on the right has marks. No offense to Gorges, but he is way over his head on the PP point.

The Habs d is my biggest concern with the turnovers, bad passes and bad pinching.

Hope to see Kovy back soon.

There's many Habs i'd rather see shipped out than Kovy: Bouillon, Kosto, Begin, Dandy, O'byrne, Higgins, Pleks, just to name a few.

Edited by MFT77

If what RDS is reporting is true, we will never see Kovy in a Habs uniform again. Which, if what was reported is true, he deserves.

I can't see him throwing the young guys under the bus....especially the titz brothers.

McKenzie just said on TSN's Sports centre that GMs around the league are saying that Gainey is not shopping Kovy, but would rather wait and see how Kovy reacts to this move (i.e. sitting him out for the remainder of the road trip).

McKenzie just said on TSN's Sports centre that GMs around the league are saying that Gainey is not shopping Kovy, but would rather wait and see how Kovy reacts to this move (i.e. sitting him out for the remainder of the road trip).

So many conflicting stories about some many things this week...

Crazy week.

This is awful. Almost stomach turning - I hate it. It's the worry that any given scenario that happens is likely to be bad. The only positives is if Kovy comes back rejuvenated or Gainey makes up for it by making a blockbuster that eases the sting of losing Kovalev. And, as bad as Kovy has been this season, when you add up his time with us - this wasn't the way I wanted it to end.

Should I hope for a move or not? :(

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien