Habs @ Capitals | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gif@ e1fe714a.gif
30-21-6 for 66 points....................36-16-5 for 77 points
(t-5th East)..................................(2nd East)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
Washington Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(21)Higgins - (11)Koivu - (36)D'Agostini
(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (67)Pacioretty
(70)Stewart - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos
(17)Laraque - (28)Chipchura - (25)Dandenault

(79)Markov - (24)Schneider
(44)Hamrlik - (8)Komisarek
(51)Bouillon - (26)Gorges

29074.jpg vs. 5574.jpg
Carey Price................Jose Theodore

TV: RDS, TSN, NHLN-US
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

"To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high."
gallery26.jpg

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Minor note: With no Kovy, I definitely want Carbo to start using Andrei K on RW again. He just seems to be more involved in every play when he's over there... I don't know if he produces more, but he seems to be more involved in the game as a whole.

Back to two lines of moderate offensive talent and two lines of pluggers. It's like we got Jan Bulis back or something.

Minor note: With no Kovy, I definitely want Carbo to start using Andrei K on RW again. He just seems to be more involved in every play when he's over there... I don't know if he produces more, but he seems to be more involved in the game as a whole.

Back to two lines of moderate offensive talent and two lines of pluggers. It's like we got Jan Bulis back or something.

:huh:

I like the lines for tonight. Koivu has to be a better player given the fact that he's being the leader again. the ball is in his court now.

Ditto for andrei k whom I expect Fire with his brother being sent down and his idol being sent home. It's his team now. he should be the scoring leader for many years.

heard that schneider would play with Markov.

guess komi and hammer will be together.

Lines are the ones used in practice yesterday. However, this is subject to change for today's practice. My guess is Carbonneau wanted to test out some things on a day where the team won't play. I'm sure the real lines will present themselves during today's practice.

Still, might be good to split up Komisarek and Markov for a bit - they've been brutal during the slump when playing together.

I'm definitely anxious for tonight's tilt. Time to see if the team can come together as just that - a team.

My guess is Hamrlik and Komi become the shut down guys, Schneider is more of a 2 way defenseman, he is not an offensive D man, he has a good first pass and a good shot, otherwise he is just like Hamrlik.

With the forwards switch, what's the worst thing that could happen, they would score 2 or less goals? They have been doing that for a month, this line up is tougher, arguably faster and my guess is you'll see a little more hustle. They might actually show up for more then 15 minutes tonight. That would be nice to see.

My prediction: Blow out, 6-2 Caps. You have to hit rock bottom beofre you turn it around, they are close but not there yet.

My prediction: Blow out, 6-2 Caps. You have to hit rock bottom beofre you turn it around, they are close but not there yet.

Well, we already lost 7-2, so 6-2 wouldn't be so bad.

10-0, not that is rock bottom.

I also like the lineup for tionight. Lot's of youth and grit (D'agostini, Lapierre, Pacioretty)

Carey Price will determine if we win this game or not...and I must say that his game since the All star Break has been horrible, so I'm not to confident on tonight's outcome!

Edited by Habsfan

Looks like the lines will be :

Higgins – Koivu – D’Agostini

Pacioretty – Plekanec – Kostitsyn (A)

Stewart – Lapierre – Kostopoulos

Laraque – Chipchura - Dandenault

Schneider is going to score on the first PP the Habs have.

A sigh of relief followed by a surge of confidence. Total domination in the offensive zone by Plekanec and Kostitsyn. Koivu with a hat trick, Higgins with two short handed goals.

Komisarek rediscovers his game playing along side a steady Hamrlik. Markov enjoys the having another Dman that can shoot the puck.

Price brimming with attitude, challenging players and showing Theodore what big saves really are. No one can beat Price tonight...They are blinded by his white pads.

Georges and Price switch helmets at the end of the game again.

20 game winning streak begins.

At least I hope so.

Looks like the lines will be :

Higgins – Koivu – D’Agostini

Pacioretty – Plekanec – Kostitsyn (A)

Stewart – Lapierre – Kostopoulos

Laraque – Chipchura - Dandenault

Is it just me, or does the line up look really weird without Kovy's name in there? Furthermore, without Latendresse, Lang, and Tanguay.

We need Chipchura to win to win some faceoffs tonight. I don't know if I'm a huge fan of BGL. Hopefully he has a good game. Pacioretty needs to be a beast tonight. I really think this kid has a spot in the line up. And our captain needs top be our captain. He has a shooter on his right wing now. I don't know why AK 46 isn't on the right wing.

Edited by BCHabnut

Is it just me, or does the line up look really weird without Kovy's name in there? Furthermore, without Latendresse, Lang, and Tanguay.

yet it still looks like a decent old fashioned lineup: two scoring lines, one defensive and one energy.

Mind you it could use size and another right handed foward.

We need Chipchura to win to win some faceoffs tonight. I don't know if I'm a huge fan of BGL. Hopefully he has a good game. Pacioretty needs to be a beast tonight. I really think this kid has a spot in the line up. And our captain needs top be our captain. He has a shooter on his right wing now. I don't know why AK 46 isn't on the right wing.

Looks like he's going to be and thats where he belongs.

Schneider is going to score on the first PP the Habs have.

A sigh of relief followed by a surge of confidence. Total domination in the offensive zone by Plekanec and Kostitsyn. Koivu with a hat trick, Higgins with two short handed goals.

Komisarek rediscovers his game playing along side a steady Hamrlik. Markov enjoys the having another Dman that can shoot the puck.

Price brimming with attitude, challenging players and showing Theodore what big saves really are. No one can beat Price tonight...They are blinded by his white pads.

Georges and Price switch helmets at the end of the game again.

20 game winning streak begins.

At least I hope so.

I like the way you think. we dream can't we.

yet it still looks like a decent old fashioned lineup: two scoring lines, one defensive and one energy.

Mind you it could use size and another right handed foward.

If you consider several guys in mid-February that have less than 10 goals to be "scorers", then yes... that's what it looks like. Fact is, we have 2 rookies, neither of whom are in the top 15 in Calder consideration, two younger vets who are massively underachieving, an aging 2nd line C and an emerging, but not fully arrived sniper. This doesn't look a lot different to me than Perreault/Bulis-Koivu-Zednik, Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder did, which is what it was pre-Kovalev.

If you consider several guys in mid-February that have less than 10 goals to be "scorers", then yes... that's what it looks like. Fact is, we have 2 rookies, neither of whom are in the top 15 in Calder consideration, two younger vets who are massively underachieving, an aging 2nd line C and an emerging, but not fully arrived sniper. This doesn't look a lot different to me than Perreault/Bulis-Koivu-Zednik, Dagenais-Ribeiro-Ryder did, which is what it was pre-Kovalev.

the reason these rookies arent in the top 15 is because they were called up later in the year.

I can't see how the Caps lose this game...they'd have to shoot themselves in the foot for it to happen.

I don't think tonight is a matter of win or lose but more about a consistant effort.

however Price owes one to the coach after he sent him in the nets vs Vancouver despite Halak's great play.

Wow, THeodore looks like a complete dork with that haircut

For a guy who was seen enjoying Paris Hilton you don't really expect him having tastes do you ??