Habs @ Capitals | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Les Boys looked great tonight. First impression of Schneider is that he instantly stabilized the backend. Chipchura and Laraque were invisible. Great game by the rest of the team. Stewart played a really smart hard working game. Plek line ans Lap line were very good. Higgins was strong all game long.

Price= Maguire's monster. He was excellent.

I now pronounce the last month and a half as "The Red Pad Days!" I hope the red pad days are behind us.

The way the Habs have played over the last month, that is not a bad thing.

The biggest difference in that game was Carey Price giving the team some huge saves in the first period when they were being swarmed...and Theodore letting in a couple of softies. I guarantee that if the boys go into the dressing room down 3-1 after the first, they quit and they're on the way to another drubbing. Instead, they're tied...and have a shot of much-needed confidence...and got a point as a result.

Second biggest difference...the powerplay clicking.

Third biggest difference...Matt Schneider. Heck of a game...improved the transition with crisp passes and solid decision-making; I don't think he made a single mistake all night.

Even though our boys lost tonight, I am proud of our boys. They played a great game. Everyone played well(especially Plex, higgins and a few youngsters!)

At least we picked up one point. Let's hope we can build on this!!

I hope the coaching staff went into the dressing room after the game and patted the boys on the back!! They deserve it!

Schneider immediately made us better.

He looked really at home out there, particularly for his first game.

Glad to see Markov and Komi split up...

agreed

Schneider did look impressive tonight. I'm surprised he wasnt a star of the game. Not to shabby for his 1st game.

Habs played well and if they can keep up the pace they had tonight things should improve for sure.

When is Tangs back exactly? I hope he plays several games before the trade deadline so Bob will know what else needs tweaking. Schneider definitely strengthens Habs D.

With everything that is going on maybe Gaineys intervetion paid off. We'll see. I fully support the GM. I disagree with Serge Savard. Gainey dropped the gavel and we just played a solid game against a dangerous team!

TRUST!

Coincidence

Les Boys looked great tonight. First impression of Schneider is that he instantly stabilized the backend. Chipchura and Laraque were invisible. Great game by the rest of the team. Stewart played a really smart hard working game. Plek line ans Lap line were very good. Higgins was strong all game long.

Price= Maguire's monster. He was excellent.

I now pronounce the last month and a half as "The Red Pad Days!" I hope the red pad days are behind us.

They were not invisible. Chips bounced off OVY on his goal....haha...... and Laraque was skating like a mofo tonight. Give credit where credit is due. Their ice time did come down towards the 2nd half of the game but I thought they played well.

Now Dandy? I didn't even realize he was playing until the third, good hustle though.

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Gainey threw a grenade into the team psyche. I hate term granade because Burke used against Lowe with the Penner fiasco. But, that's exactly what BOb did. Dumping Kovy for 2 games was almost like taking a dump in your friends toilet and leaving it for 5 days. Players smelled the stench!!!

Great effort tonight, could have gone either way. Proud to say that against an offensive powerhouse like the Caps. Gotta hand it to Ovechkin. The guy is just plain unstoppable.

The Kovalev thing had a positive effect on the team I think. The next two games will be very interesting...

Guess everyone can stop blaming Alex Kovalev

Its ironic that Kovalev would have been mighty usefull tonight in the shootout......Kinda losing so faith in Bob there

Huh?

Did you watch the game or just check the score later? Other than the flurry of 10 shots in the first (which was horrible, but Price was stellar) the Habs brought their lunchpails (as Mcguire said). They played a great road game. I really think this game may have been a turning point. It's one of the few losses this year where I was content and mellow. Even felt good. If this energy is carried into tommorrow and beyond, I will feel good. A win would have obviously been nice, but it was an awesome game to watch, and the boys played great. IO never did blame Kovy though. I blamed fear in the defensive zone. When your team is tentative and scared, you get caught.

Huh?

Did you watch the game or just check the score later? Other than the flurry of 10 shots in the first (which was horrible, but Price was stellar) the Habs brought their lunchpails (as Mcguire said). They played a great road game. I really think this game may have been a turning point. It's one of the few losses this year where I was content and mellow. Even felt good. If this energy is carried into tommorrow and beyond, I will feel good. A win would have obviously been nice, but it was an awesome game to watch, and the boys played great. IO never did blame Kovy though. I blamed fear in the defensive zone. When your team is tentative and scared, you get caught.

Wrong again nutty.....

Can't blame Kovalev. Guy didn't play. Gainey made a decision and it backfired. Nothing is going right. Even decisions off the ice and hurting them on the ice.

Thanks for you wonderfull insight though. Appreciated as always.

Wrong again nutty.....

Can't blame Kovalev. Guy didn't play. Gainey made a decision and it backfired. Nothing is going right. Even decisions off the ice and hurting them on the ice.

I'm not sure what you are getting at here. We really don't know the impact of the Kovalev thing and won't for a little while.

The team played the best game in a long time but before we credit it to the "Kovalev thing", it seemed to me that Carbo changed the style of play for this game. No sitting back, no passive trap, it was attack, attack, attack. Perhaps it was the players finally playing the system they were supposed to all along but I think it was Carbo making the adjustment.

The Ovechkin goal was 100% Komisarek's fault I don't know why Hamrlik is taking some blame. It was a brutal pass that had Hammer skating up ice to get it, Ovechking grabbed it with speed causing Hammer to turn suddenly and try to catch up - good luck.

The penalty on Laraque was non sense. He hardly even bumped Brashear. I thought in general Laraque was steady.

Komisarek had a poor game and Bouillon was no prize either but everyone else was outstanding.

I can't wait to have Tanguay back next week.

Wrong again nutty.....

The teams plays the best game in virtually a month, and only "lose" in the coin-flip known as the shootout, and Gainey's decision backfired? I think BCHabnut is right - you mustn't have watched the game.

Its ironic that Kovalev would have been mighty usefull tonight in the shootout......Kinda losing so faith in Bob there

Kovalev looks like he should be a great shootout player, but his career record is nothing special. Koivu would have been a better choice for the #2 shot, but that's hindsight.

Wrong again nutty.....

I'm left scratching my head with your comments as well. Nobody is blaming anybody. I don't feel we missed Kovy last night, the boys really stepped their game up. Old Kovalev for sure would have helped but the Kovy we've been watching lately was not missed at all.

Last night was a step in the right direction, Pleks was awesome, Higgins looked like he meant it and the power play?

NICE!!!!!

I just hope the boys keep working hard and get over the hump. The goals scored were not skill goals but hard work rewards, if they keep it up they'll get confident again........ if not they'll continue to fall apart.

As far as Kovy in the shoot-out? I'm afraid to say if he played last night there would not have been a shoot-out. We would have lost.