Sens at Habs - Game thread

rafikz

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was unimpressed with Koivu tonight.. good on draws.. thats it...

Liked to see Kovy, Halak, Pleks, and the Laps line play so well. PP looks so much better with Breezy, Schneider, and Markov on the points. Dangerous now on both units.

Team still needs to tighten up and play with more discipline. It was obvious that the refs were looking for any excuse tonight....

Funny how dandy, Breezy, and Schneider scored.. forgot what decade I was in for a minute. :)

Can we agree that Halak is the #1 goalie now?

IMO, Price's past two starts were better than Halak's two starts. Halak won because this is the best game the Habs have played in a very long time. He did a solid job in goal but the goals he lets in are the same as the ones (a usual) Price does: so-so without being softies.

Koivu, Price, everyone. It's relentless, uncalled for and annoying.

Everyone? You show me the post where Kozed says something negative about Lapierre :lol:

On that note, I haven't been feeling the energy from Lapierre lately. Anyone else been disappointed the last couple games? I didn't even notice him today...

with the shnide playing so well, we may haeve to make a deal for chelios, he is wasting away in detroit. hmmmm and do you think desjardins would consider coming out of retirement? hell maybe send the kids down and the gm and coaches can dress. :lol:

IMO, Price's past two starts were better than Halak's two starts. Halak won because this is the best game the Habs have played in a very long time. He did a solid job in goal but the goals he lets in are the same as the ones (a usual) Price does: so-so without being softies.

Not much any goalie could have done on the 3rd one.

Halak's 8-4 in his last 12 starts. Price 2-10. Notice a difference?

Koivu? He was amazing tonight, best player on both teams. Always is...

:blink::blink::blink:

Good thing is those two points.

And for Kovalev

For me it's just self esteem boost, the fact that he gave more of his

willingness there was his ego responding.

If he brings that dedication to the ice every nigh for a long strech i will live

happily with his self redemption act but will wave him goodbye with relief at the end of the year.

Not much any goalie could have done on the 3rd one.

Halak's 8-4 in his last 12 starts. Price 2-10. Notice a difference?

:blink::blink::blink:

The other two were a bit soft, the third he had no chance on.

Price is 2-10 both because he's been in a slump/playing like shit and because the team has been simultaneously in a slump/playing like shit. How many of Halak's 12 starts coincided with this slump? I can think of one or two wins and the one game where he got pulled. Price has showed signs of returning to old form in his past two starts. I'm actually surprised he wasn't in net tonight.

Good game by Kovy, but somehow he doesn't seem 100% - he seemed to run out of gas in the latter part of the game. He mentioned that those blood tests he had took "found a few things" and he had lost weight. I don't think he's entirely well.

Also, I wish that stupid Carbo would take him OFF the PK. For the following reasons:

(1) Conserve the man's energy for offensive purposes.

(2) One blocked slapshot off the ankle and there's our best offensive player gone indefinitely.

(3) Kovy just doesn't the breakaway speed you want from a PK guy coving the point.