NHL EA 2008

Harp77

Hi ppl - just got NHL08 for PS2- love it but one ques:

instead of having those stupid nicknames for created players, is there any way the commentary can say the last name or even the # of the created player? Carey Price was not on the roster so I had to create him and all I hear is: GREAT SAVE BY ICEMAN! ICEMAN STOPS ANOTHER ONE!

:wacko:

Iceman is a great nickname, though.

"Big shot from Iceman!"

"Thundering hit by the Iceman!"

"Oh what a save by Iceman!"

"That was just a selfish penalty. Iceman is going to have to apologize to his teammates."

"Iceman received a quantity of product from the brothers Kostitsyn."

"Iceman pilloried in the tabloids this morning for not addressing the media in French.

"Iceman pulled from under the Bell Centre ice this morning after an overnight training incident."

"Oh, the Iceman is rattled! His veins must surely be boiling now..."

LOL! Its ok but I really would like it if they said the last name, Price.

I checked again and I think it will only say the name if its already a name of an exisiting player in the game. Too bad - I think EA dropped the ball on that part big time.

LOL! Its ok but I really would like it if they said the last name, Price.

I checked again and I think it will only say the name if its already a name of an exisiting player in the game. Too bad - I think EA dropped the ball on that part big time.

Yes, you can only select a first name or a family name of an existing NHL player.

Dunno how it works with a PS2 but can't you update your game with the latest roster from the EA server (as it's with the 360)?

"Oh, the Iceman is rattled! His veins must surely be boiling now..."

For sure ... :lol: