Renney Fired in NY

HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Crazy. Reading this article on TSN makes you wonder. All four teams that opened the season in Europe have fired their coaches this season. I wonder if all that traveling at the start of the year just fried them out. I mean, if you never really recover from the jet lag and then throw yourself into the regular season with no rest becomes too much by January. Or maybe it was something in the water bottles. Weird.

RENNEY FIRED

All the teams that have started their season in Europe have fired their head coach!!

to all of you Carbo haters, you know what to ask the GM!!

Tortorella replacing him. TSN.ca

Good for two things:

1-He's back in the NHL.

2- He's off TSN...he sucked :puke:

bad for one thing:

He's in the Eastern Conference and he's a bnetter coach than a TV guy.

Coaching contracts just don't make any sense in the NHL. The Lightning fired Torts, but he has to get their permission to take another job? Total BS. I think Bob Hartley has the same thing with Atlanta.

These two guys are still on the payroll. I think it could be tought as tempering if one team doesn't ask the other permission to speak to a Fired coach.

These two guys are still on the payroll. I think it could be tought as tempering if one team doesn't ask the other permission to speak to a Fired coach.

It's asinine that someone who has been fired still has to carry out his contract. The team broke the commitment and now has the power to prevent future employment? Completely absurd. When you fire a guy, you're supposed to give him anything that he is due and say "so long."

Good for two things:

1-He's back in the NHL.

2- He's off TSN...he sucked :puke:

bad for one thing:

He's in the Eastern Conference and he's a bnetter coach than a TV guy.

He was great on TSN.

He was great on TSN.

I hated him. he did bring a different perspective but I found him a bit stuck up and felt that he didn't want to there at times.

Yeah i like how he spoke his mind and didnt keep his feelings inside.

It was surprising how calm and nice and winded up being. His post-game interviews made me think he'd be all tough on the panel but instead he spoke so softly.

It was surprising how calm and nice and winded up being. His post-game interviews made me think he'd be all tough on the panel but instead he spoke so softly.

Haha he let himself loose last week when asked about Therrien on the radio show there, nhl live i think? it was on the nhl network.

I hated him. he did bring a different perspective but I found him a bit stuck up and felt that he didn't want to there at times.

You mean maybe he preferred to be coaching? :P

He was great on TSN.