Pacers Players to be Charged

Fanpuck33_

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,139975,00.html

I wonder who the 4th players will be. If they want to be technical about it, they should charge Wallace with assaulting Artest. With the two handed shove to the face, he could have given him whiplash, hurt his neck, or break his jaw.

[Edited on 2004-12-30 by puck7x]

Obviously 3 of the 4 players are Artest, O'Neal, and Jackson. The 4th? Most likely rookie C David Harrison, as he allegedly punched a 67 year old in the face on the court. Of course, I say allegedly, but it was an interesting topic of conversation on PrimeTime Sports on the Fan 590 last week.

As for what the next question may be, no I'm not 100% positive that it's him, and if it was, I don't know why he wasn't suspended.

Stay tuned, this dilemma is far from over, don't forget the rulings on the PA appeal haven't come down yet either.

F33 is one hardcore Pacers fan. He's the first person I've seen to blame the fans and Wallace.

Lets be even more technical and blame Artest for starting this whole thing by originally fouling Wallace.

If you wanna talk about injuries, some of the fans COULD have been knocked into a coma or died espically when you consider the size and power of the players.

But it's all their fault. Espically the guy Artest beat on who DIDN'T even throw the drink. It's his damn fault for being at the game.

[Edited on 2004/12/8 by Leafs Suck]

I am no hardcore Pacers fan, I hardly even follow the NBA, and have not watched an entire game since 1999.

And I am far from the only person to blame the fans. I saw polls in which 50% of the people blamed the fans. Are both the fans and the players at fault? Yes. But at least Artest was provoked. The fan had absolutely no reason to throw that beer at him. Also, Wallace started the whole fracas when he over-reacted to the so-called "hard foul" by Artest, which was not hard by any means.

Was Artest out of line? Of course he was. But as I said, he was at least provoked. That fan had absolutely no right to throw his beer at Artest. Artest over-reacted, but nothing would have happened if the fan had not thrown the beer. Therefore, the fans are responsible. And if you want to go further, nothing would have happened at all had Wallace not punched Artest for no good reason. The foul was not hard at all, and deserved no realiation.