Hope on the Lang Front

simonus

To get Lang back in the playoffs would be great. 1st in would mean the Habs made the playoffs and also that they are probably on a decent run, since it's likely they have to get past the 1st round for Lang to make it back.

Good luck Langer. Your presence is missed immemsely on the Habs.

Getting Lang back - provided he is able to skate well enough to contribute at something like his former level - would be an enormous boost. Think about it: with Lang, Tanguay, Koivu, Kovalev, and Schneider, we've got a really solid, battled-tested veteran core. Without him, we've got a big donut down the middle. That can make the difference between winning and losing a series, not so much because Lang is some superstar but because of the key role he fills given the makeup of our team.

Assuming we *make* the frigging playoffs, of course...

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Getting Lang back - provided he is able to skate well enough to contribute at something like his former level - would be an enormous boost. Think about it: with Lang, Tanguay, Koivu, Kovalev, and Schneider, we've got a really solid, battled-tested veteran core. Without him, we've got a big donut down the middle. That can make the difference between winning and losing a series, not so much because Lang is some superstar but because of the key role he fills given the makeup of our team.

Assuming we *make* the frigging playoffs, of course...

Well I guess we've come full circle. What you describe is what we were all hoping for. The team Bob put together over the summer, with a key veteran or two sprinkled in for the playoff drive. Everyone stay healthy, Price finds his game, keep on keeping on...

Edited by Habsy

Good for Lang, but I'm more concerned about making the post-season. Still, I do wish him a speedy recovery, and I'm sure he'd provide a boost upon his return.

Yes...

- Kovy and Pleks waking up

+

- Tanguay and Lang coming back

+

- newfound PP and Mathieu's quiet leadership

+

- Halak

+

- Lats back

+

- hopefully, Serguei coming back changed from Hamilton

= OMFG !!!!!! :hlogo:

Tanguay now at least one more week, possibly two. Something does not feel right about him, to count on him at all this season is maybe unwise. Please prove we can do it without him lads!

If it wasn't for him and Koivu at the begining of the season, this team would be in tenth. They were fantastic together. I'm looking forward to him coming back.

Hopefully Lang can make it back. I wouldn't put one egg in that basket though. I saw in the Habsworld article "HW Recap: Time to work out the kinks" that a rumoured name in talks is Todd White. I love this idea and I believe it is the best answer. He's on pace for 20G 50A - 70 points. He's a PK player and is defensively responsible with speed. And he's signed for 2 more years with a contract totalling 2,375,000.00 in cap space.

Imagine the C position, especially if Lang returned: Plekanec, Koivu, Lapierre, Lang and White. :clap: There are 5 centers which cramps things up but moving some of them to the wings has potential to make it work and have some of them on the 1st or 2nd line wings. That's also a strong supporting cast if 1 or even 2 centers go to the penalty box.

I hope Lang is a part of this and/or whoever BOb acquires :hlogo:

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Hopefully Lang can make it back. I wouldn't put one egg in that basket though. I saw in the Habsworld article "HW Recap: Time to work out the kinks" that a rumoured name in talks is Todd White. I love this idea and I believe it is the best answer. He's on pace for 20G 50A - 70 points. He's a PK player and is defensively responsible with speed. And he's signed for 2 more years with a contract totalling 2,375,000.00 in cap space.

Imagine the C position, especially if Lang returned: Plekanec, Koivu, Lapierre, Lang and White. :clap: There are 5 centers which cramps things up but moving some of them to the wings has potential to make it work and have some of them on the 1st or 2nd line wings. That's also a strong supporting cast if 1 or even 2 centers go to the penalty box.

I hope Lang is a part of this and/or whoever BOb acquires :hlogo:

White has these numbers because of Kovalchuk. On our team, he's an ordinary third line centre, good for character and scoring depth. He'd hardly be a 70 point guy.

White has these numbers because of Kovalchuk. On our team, he's an ordinary third line centre, good for character and scoring depth. He'd hardly be a 70 point guy.
He's playing a 2nd line lesser role now but his apples are still coming lately. Who would you like to acquire instead BTH? I don't mean that sarcastically. I'm asking friendly :)

He's playing a 2nd line lesser role now but his apples are still coming lately. Who would you like to acquire instead BTH? I don't mean that sarcastically. I'm asking friendly :)

White would be fine, just not if you're expecting him to be a 1st line forward. Names I've heard mentioned from Phoenix are Hanzal, Reinprecht and Morris, I'd like any of them. Radek Bonk is one guy I'd love to have back at the salary he's earning. I wouldn't mind adding another veteran grinder to the team in the mould of Matt Cooke or Matt Pettinger.

If we're talking about big-name players, there's obviously Lecavalier, Jokinen, Pronger, Whitney, Smyth, Ohlund... I'd welcome any of these guys.

I don't think there's any pressing need to make a splash, we just need to acquire some character and if possible, someone who can be a secondary scorer as well. Todd White or Steve Reinprecht would do that job. Because of White's numbers, he might cost more. I don't think Reinprecht would cost more than a 3rd, and maybe less.

Todd White or Steve Reinprecht would do that job. Because of White's numbers, he might cost more. I don't think Reinprecht would cost more than a 3rd, and maybe less.
Reinprecht does make more sense. I prefer White because he has more grit (IMHO). But, you`re right. White`s contract is gold. 2 more years. It solves many teams problems in this cap striken world. Because the contract is attractive, the biding will be high. If Gainey wants White I think he`s got to move before a week from now. Just like the Schneider move. He got him while he was still available. By now I imagine Schneider would have moved had BOb not rolled the bones.

White = goodbye Higgins and more. Maybe appropriate picks. Poor Higs. He`s good stock but stuck in a forward depth situation. DÀgos and Patches and others knocking on the door. I hate to say it but I got a bad feeling about Higgins in this.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien