Bégin traded to Dallas

MAK

as per tsn.

Good luck, Steve and thanks for all the lose teeth, scars and bumps and bruises.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Edited by marky_and_komi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:(

Begin has long been one of my favourite players to lay it all out on the line to win. He'll be missed - but I'm sure that Stewart will take his place in that department.

Stars are getting a new heart!

Looks like a salary dump, plain and simple.

Good luck in Dallas Steve! You took your share of dumb penalties, but nobody could question your heart and your effort.

nah, more of a Huet salute..,

just like Huet, Begin didn't want to ride the bench for the remainder of the season, on his UFA season. BG traded him out of empathy, to reward him, kinda.

No article yet, just a note at the top of the homepage.

no sooner did i post than there it was :lol:

sounds like some depth for the dogs on defence. I doubt we will see janik in montreal anytime soon

Just a move for cap space and a roster spot for Pacioretty, it seems. I'd also think this means Tanguay is close to returning.

On the other side of the equation, this looks like Dallas has decided to add grit for their playoff run. Anyone in the logjammed west going to respond tradewise to Anaheim and the Stars?

What? Begin is a goner? That's too bad, I liked him from the very start when he first joined the Habs.

Edited by Doktor Kosmos

Good luck Steve, say hi to Ribs. SALUTE!

Steve, you were and will always remain a warrior. You proved to every yellow belly out there that as talented as they may be, nothing can substitute heart.

We loved you and wish you all the best in Dallas.

While your there, please smack Ribiero upside the head for me.

Edited by Helmethead

In a way it's too bad because he was finally playing the reserve role he should have played all along and he was a great asset in that role. I don't think he helped the team that much when playing every game, but he's a guy who's easy to insert in the lineup, won't hurt you out there (except for some bad penalties, but that comes with his style), and can even be useful on the PK because of his willingness to jump in front of pucks. He just doesn't have the stamina and strength to be effective 82 games a year, and honestly doesn't bring much besides a lot of guts... guys like Lapiere, Stewart, Chipchura, and eventually a few others can all bring more to the table, in addition to being a lot bigger, stronger and durable.

However I understand that he was unhappy playing a reserve role before becoming a UFA, so that was very nice of Gainey to accomodate him. Reserve players are only useful if they accept their role (unlike Begin and Laraque).

Sad to see Beige go, but it really was in his best interests. Good for Bob for rewarding his dedication and loyalty, and sending him to a team where he'll hopefully get some ice-time.

We'll miss you, Steve. Best of luck!