Dandy Wants Out.....

brobin

the guys wanting out are guys not playing. they don't want to sit in the press box and eat hot dogs. They are also guys who would not be signed in the off season. dandy is a dandy utilitie player but he does not like that role. let's use 1,75 mill some place else.

Hate the fact we are losing character players in Begin and Dadenault. Thats three "role" players that want out, maybe Carbo does not handle them well. French press will go nuts with two French players leaving.

they were going out in july regardless so I don't see why the french press would whine about it.

I wonder who else wants out but isn't saying yet. We are going to have a bad rest of the year if this is the attitude in the dressing room, and when summer comes they will all walk. Saying nice things about Montreal but walking none the less. Leaving us lot's of cap space but again only signing bottom feeders who will act and play like bottom feeders. I hate to be negative, I love my habs but I've never seen a team with so little emotion and so many who are unhappy. NOT GOOD. I hope I AND THEY feel better next week.

where on tsn?

that's news to me, he was playing at least. as opposed to Begin and Laraque.

ok, found it

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=268811&amp...=topRelated_nhl

heck, with all those moves, we might be able to go out and get REAL 3rd liners, like Laperriere and or Neil?! wow. great news!

Go Bob Go!

Strange especially since Dandy has been playing good for the Habs and is playing. I dont know if this source is correct since TSN is just saying a source and not accepting it as a real story yet.

If Dandy does want out it will rid the Habs of alot of salary. It appears the Habs are getting ready for a trade. Now if only we could move Laraque.

Strange especially since Dandy has been playing good for the Habs and is playing. I dont know if this source is correct since TSN is just saying a source and not accepting it as a real story yet.

If Dandy does want out it will rid the Habs of alot of salary. It appears the Habs are getting ready for a trade. Now if only we could move Laraque.

laraque is not going anywhere has nmc and says he aint waiving it.

I wonder who else wants out but isn't saying yet. We are going to have a bad rest of the year if this is the attitude in the dressing room, and when summer comes they will all walk. Saying nice things about Montreal but walking none the less. Leaving us lot's of cap space but again only signing bottom feeders who will act and play like bottom feeders. I hate to be negative, I love my habs but I've never seen a team with so little emotion and so many who are unhappy. NOT GOOD. I hope I AND THEY feel better next week.

who the hell said anyone is unhappy? they want to play regular and the can't on this team we have too much talent.

Don't kid yourself. Guys like Rejean Tremblay and Perron will bring it up. It has nothing to do with talent or contract status.

yes they will because they like to trash the habs, trmblay cause he is an idiot and perron cause he is still pissed at being fired. Newsflash Perron to be fired again. (i wish)

dandy may not have much trade value and could find himself on waivers, always good to be polite.

he has been polite. RDS says that TSN reports are false, that Dandy didn't expressly asked to be traded, but that he's surely next on Bob's list.

Meh, how is this news?

Dandeneault never liked playing forward and he's been playing nothing but. Now it's the last year of his contract and he knows he wont play D in Montreal, not with Komo, Schneider, Gorges & Breezer on the right-side. Nothing exceptional here.

With the cheap quality youth the Habs have, it was basically written in the sky that these support players wouldnt be re-signed this summer. Its normal for them to want to be traded so they can play and prove themselves for their next contract; and it's normal for the Habs to want to prepare their replacement as early as right now.

Meh, how is this news?

Dandeneault never liked playing forward and he's been playing nothing but. Now it's the last year of his contract and he knows he wont play D in Montreal, not with Komo, Schneider, Gorges & Breezer on the right-side. Nothing exceptional here.

With the cheap quality youth the Habs have, it was basically written in the sky that these support players wouldnt be re-signed this summer. Its normal for them to want to be traded so they can play and prove themselves for their next contract; and it's normal for the Habs to want to prepare their replacement as early as right now.

that i agree with totally

Of course they might all leave this summer but I really liked our depth at forward so far (with all those injuries). Are the young guys like Chipper, D'Agostini and Stewart ready for the PO's or would you rather have guys like Bégin, Dandenault in your line-up when the real season starts?

they were going out in july regardless so I don't see why the french press would whine about it.

They already have. I was watching 110% last night, and all but two of them were pretty saying that Bob Gainey does not like francophone players because of some innate misconception of what a francophone player is that every single Ontarian is born with. They also applied that theory to pretty much all anglophones, going back to Wickenheiser vs Denis Savard, saying that an anglo GM will always prefer the anglo player (even though Wickenheiser was number 1 on pretty much every scout list).

They said that by trading away Steve Bégin he he’s going against the wishes of the francophone people, and they again re-iterated that having a lot of francophone players is a pre-requisite for winning a Stanley Cup in Montreal, even going as far as saying that Gainey should know this because he only won Stanley Cups because of the francophones on his teams.

All this for a marginal fourth line player who isn’t good or durable enough to play every game… thankfully they had Marc DeFoy and that guy who played a goon in “Lance et Compte” to remind them that this was ridiculous.

Begin and Dandeneault aren't fools. They know that their career will soon end if they can't show what they can do. Obviously, there is no place for them on the Habs line-up. Carbo and Gainey want the young guys to play, as they represent the future of the team. To let them go and seek better situations makes sense. It gives room for Gainey with the salary cap, if he is able to trade for a good player. And the two guys deserve an opportunity elsewhere. A win-win situation IMO.

JCPetit

I hope we win the cup with Koivu as our captain just to rub it in their faces. Also, he get's the overtime goal in game 7 of the finals on a breakaway.

You think that'll shut up the bigots?