Habs claim Metropolit

nhfarber

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were Kyle CHipchura, I would ask my agent to politely and discretely request a trade.... ;)

We needed a 5th centre. This isn't a slight on Kyle's job, just reality that after him, there was no one else that they could trust to play the position. If any of our centres got injured, we'd have to resort to the failed Higgins/Tangauy/Sergei Kostitsyn at C experiments again. We also only had one RH centre, so if Lapierre ever went down, we were out of that faceoff option.

Call them the Rafales of Montreal.

Metropolit ? It's not a joke it's true. Hey people it's like we pick Corey Locke from waivers

in 2015.

I just sweared the hell out of my system for 5 minutes.

There as to be something else brewing for a centre and Metropolit just being an insurance policy if not

i'll bang my head on a concrete wall next tuesday :puke:

Call them the Rafales of Montreal.

Metropolit ? It's not a joke it's true. Hey people it's like we pick Corey Locke from waivers

in 2015.

I just sweared the hell out of my system for 5 minutes.

There as to be something else brewing for a centre and Metropolit just being an insurance policy if not

i'll bang my head on a concrete wall next tuesday :puke:

This is bizarre. This seems like a sideways deal for Begin. He is 50% in faceoffs. Not great. Not bad either I guess.

Metro played a key role for Boston last year, filling a big void at C when Bergeron went down.

Hmm, thought he was a UFA. That is an odd choice, but I guess he could easily be waived again next year if it doesn't work out.

What is Metros contract status? If he is signed for a couple it might be a case of replacing a ufa 4th liner with a signed 4th liner.

He's signed through next year at $1m.

If I were Bob, I'd tell him to STFU and work on his faceoff skills and his SKATING!

:lol:

I still think that chipchura can bring something to the team but he needs to skate better. otherwize he's Jason Ward !!

So what does our cap look like now then?

The difference between Begin's cap hit and Metropolit's was only $57,000 for the full year, so we're pretty much where we started. If Carbo does trade Dandy, or Chipchura gets sent to the AHL, then we're clearing space for something else. Right now we're pretty much status quo but with one extra potential player in Janik (provided he clears waivers).

:lol:

I still think that chipchura can bring something to the team but he needs to skate better. otherwize he's Jason Ward !!

It's not just skating, it's his faceoff that kills him. I watch Chip closely to look for positives, and he appears patient with the puck, and his decisions are often very good. If he could improve his faceoff prowess, I think Chip could be good. He needs to take the Latendresse power skating clinic. On that note, these are the same things we've all been saying about Lats for his first two seasons. Then this year, he suddenly found some chemistry, learned how to skate, started doing some little things right, and he is on his way to becoming a permanent fixture. The same may happen for Chips. I don't see how we could get anything for him in a trade, but you never know.

I'm not too convinced that Bob is trying to clear salary right now due to that move. If he had something bigger ready to happen, why would he take on an extra million?

I totally agree. This is "a just in case move". What could happen now is that he will try to trade Dandy. If he can't and a potential deal comes up, ,Dandy and Chips will get sent back down. I'm sure Dandy would get picked up on waivers by a team in need of some veteran influence in the playoffs.

Does Chips have to pass through waivers?

HELLO GUYS!

METROPOLIT IS A FREE INSURANCE POLICY

CALM THE $#@??$% DOWN.

Lol, I read a dozen of posts of people panicking.

1. Begin was on the bench, so Bob wanted to ACCOMODATE him. that's a pure empathy move.

2. Metropolit was on waivers and after Chipper we've got NOTHING at center.

so don't go into thinking that he's gonna play with Kovalev and what not. or that he's "THE" solution.. Take your pills, take a deep breath and understand that he is A FREE INSURANCE POLICY.

and that he's actually better than Chipper right now (that's my bet)