Habs vs. Sharks | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

3cf6996f.gifvs. 6e8d18b3.gif
33-22-7 for 73 points....................42-9-9 for 93 points
(5th East)..................................(1st West)

Forecaster.ca's Tale of the Tape
TSN's Ice Chips

Montreal Player Stats
San Jose Player Stats

Projected Lineup

(46)A.Kostitsyn - (14)Plekanec - (27)Kovalev
(21)Higgins - (11)Koivu - (36)D'Agostini
(67)Pacioretty - (40) Lapierre - (6)Kostopoulos
(70)Stewart - (15)Metropolit - (17)Laraque

(79)Markov - (24)Schneider
(44)Hamrlik - (8)Komisarek
(26)Gorges - (71)Brisebois

24778.jpg vs. 547.jpg
Jaroslav Halak................Brian Boucher

TV: RDS, CBC(local)
Radio: CJAD, CKAC

"To you from failing hands we throw the torch. Be yours to hold it high."
gallery26.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite possibly the last game in Montreal for a player or two. Interesting to see how it goes. Incidentally (not putting this in the rumour thread, however...) Ek has a pic on his site referencing his thought that Hejduk is going to be dealt. On the pic as well is Koivu. So. Hejduk to Montreal? Or Koivu out of town? Ek does those little things for a reason, usually.

So for all the Koivu haters out there (the masses and masses), this could be Saku's last game in Montreal playing for the Habs!!!!

(Okay, that's a major stretch for a rumour, but at least it has the potential to generate some more discussion. LOL)

So for all the Koivu haters out there (the masses and masses), this could be Saku's last game in Montreal playing for the Habs!!!!

Colin I don't mean to nitpick but I would think that even those who think the Habs should trade Koivu are not 'Saku haters', I can't imagine anyone hating our captain who saw us through the Joe Juneau days etc . . .

Do you think Koivu will be traded this week? would be a major shakeup to the team, for sure .. . . .

Colin I don't mean to nitpick but I would think that even those who think the Habs should trade Koivu are not 'Saku haters', I can't imagine anyone hating our captain who saw us through the Joe Juneau days etc . . .

Do you think Koivu will be traded this week? would be a major shakeup to the team, for sure .. . . .

You read these boards, you've heard of the French press. Koivu-haters? There are a-plenty. ;)

And do I think he'll be traded? No, I don't think it has a high probablility. That said, if Bob finds the right deal, I don't think he'd be shy asking Koivu to waive his NTC. Now, is there a team out there that wants an aging centre who is somewhat small and still occasionally injury-prone, who has a high contract, and who has publically stated he wants to stay in Montreal? Of that, I'm not so sure.

Logically, looking from all sides, I see Koivu in Montreal for the balance of his career. He takes a pay cut over the summer, signs a 3-year deal, or so, and fades out as the team's second line centre. But this is the NHL and it's a business. If the right deal lands here, he has to go. If a Vinny-type (big $$$) arrives over the summer, Montreal may decide not to resign him for cap reasons. Infinite variables, really. Odds of him retiring a Canadien, probably somewhere around 85-90%. But that doesn't close the door, obviously.

Stop teasing me like this.....

(but I'll put the champagne on ice just in case)

ilisc2.png

"I LIKE IT!!!!!"

Boucher is 10-1-2 with 1.74 GAA and .933 SVG... Hard to get *too* happy about that lol. San Jose's system is formidable.

Usually if one guy has the flu, others are infected in various stages....could mean the Sharks are ripe for the picking tonight if the Habs push the pace.

I hope you're right.

Stop teasing me like this.....

(but I'll put the champagne on ice just in case)

While the possibility is there, I'd say the odds are pretty darn low. Which means your Champagne will go to waste, good sir. Unless, of course, you plan on celebrating a Habs win.

;)

While the possibility is there, I'd say the odds are pretty darn low. Which means your Champagne will go to waste, good sir. Unless, of course, you plan on celebrating a Habs win.

;)

Any excuse to have a drink, eh Colin? ^_^

Boucher???

Is he french canadien?

Cause if he is, we're F$%ked

3-2 Habs in the shoot-out

Markov

Higgins

Koivu wins it in the shoot-out

I think it will be a tight defensive battle and our boys will show up, playing good enough to feed our confidence that we can beat a number 1 team. That's all we'll need to finish the year strong and win the cup.

Dunno, but i would have play Price tonight for several reasons :

1. Main one : Get him back on track with a real test. He would have to deliver, might increase his confidence.

2. If Price get destroyed (we play the Sharks...), well Halak still on a roll.

3. 2 games in 2 nights with a Philly-Montreal night travel.

I still convinced that Price would have performed as the #1 he still is in my mind.

Dunno, but i would have play Price tonight for several reasons :

1. Main one : Get him back on track with a real test. He would have to deliver, might increase his confidence.

2. If Price get destroyed (we play the Sharks...), well Halak still on a roll.

3. 2 games in 2 nights with a Philly-Montreal night travel.

I still convinced that Price would have performed as the #1 he still is in my mind.

Carbo said he's given Price many chances to show up. Carbo has felt like you do tonight on too many occasions in the past 2 months, and Price blew it. Carbo said one of the goalies needs to start stealing games until we get out of this slump. Halak did it.

Nothing against Price, he still is the number #1 but I fully understand what Carbo is doing and I don't blame him one bit. Price will get his chance to redeem himself but you don't take away anything from Halak who has answered the bell.

It's Brian Boucher andhe is no french canadian.

Price will nor start a game until they lose, it's pretty clear except if Jaro wins 10

in a row and needs some rest.

I don't know if i'm the only one checking behind, i guess not but

Good news this afternoon, the Devils won against Florida. :clap:

That keeps them behind.

Islanders would help by winning against Buffalo so would Atlantawinning against Carolina.

And for the Habs it's one game before a 3 games road trip.

So leaving with two big points would relieve a lot of pressure and they could play

with more confidence.

After that the schedule is mostly HOME.

Go habs Go :hlogo: