Habs vs. Sharks | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just noticed something that we should be concerned about: Mike Ribeiro had 2G, 1A in the Anaheim/Dallas game. Ribs almost always has a big game on days when the Habs get stomped. Hope this isn't foreshadowing...

Just noticed something that we should be concerned about: Mike Ribeiro had 2G, 1A in the Anaheim/Dallas game. Ribs almost always has a big game on days when the Habs get stomped. Hope this isn't foreshadowing...

Ribs only has great games when I bench him in my pool. :angry:

Ribs only has great games when I bench him in my pool. :angry:

Stop benching him. :)

56 points in 61 games (I think)..not bad and no one on the habs with better. He is having an off year too (as is Dallas) but they are getting better.

Maybe we can do a reverse deal... Breezy for Ribs.. would be funny to see people here so torn over whether to cry or cheer. One goat gone, one goat back. :LOL

Carbo said he's given Price many chances to show up. Carbo has felt like you do tonight on too many occasions in the past 2 months, and Price blew it. Carbo said one of the goalies needs to start stealing games until we get out of this slump. Halak did it.

Nothing against Price, he still is the number #1 but I fully understand what Carbo is doing and I don't blame him one bit. Price will get his chance to redeem himself but you don't take away anything from Halak who has answered the bell.

Holy crap. Just can't believe this...

I agree!!!

I'm maybe biased. Always been more of a Jaro fan than Price fan. Something about underdogs overachieving I guess. But all biases asides, first Halak filled in when Price went down with his injury and Jaro went 9-6. Price comes back, team crumbles, Halak goes back in, Habs win. He stole 2 wins when the team was playing shitty. Him, Plex & Schneider are the 3 main reasons the Habs are on a winning streak right. Carbo owes Halak every chance to start and keep the #1 status he just earned --not given to him, but earned. Besides, the Habs are in a tough spot right now, not too much margin for error behind them in the standings. This is no preseason, can't afford to waste important points just in hope Price finds his game again...

Stop benching him. :)

56 points in 61 games (I think)..not bad and no one on the habs with better. He is having an off year too (as is Dallas) but they are getting better.

Maybe we can do a reverse deal... Breezy for Ribs.. would be funny to see people here so torn over whether to cry or cheer. One goat gone, one goat back. :LOL

ribs always had talent, mostly when he was with us it was shooting his mouth off. I'll keep breezy any day over that p.o.s. Breezy bleeds bleu blanc et rouge. ribs just pretends to bleed.

Holy crap. Just can't believe this...

I agree!!!

I'm maybe biased. Always been more of a Jaro fan than Price fan. Something about underdogs overachieving I guess. But all biases asides, first Halak filled in when Price went down with his injury and Jaro went 9-6. Price comes back, team crumbles, Halak goes back in, Habs win. He stole 2 wins when the team was playing shitty. Him, Plex & Schneider are the 3 main reasons the Habs are on a winning streak right. Carbo owes Halak every chance to start and keep the #1 status he just earned --not given to him, but earned. Besides, the Habs are in a tough spot right now, not too much margin for error behind them in the standings. This is no preseason, can't afford to waste important points just in hope Price finds his game again...

well, for sure, even if it was frikkin Marc Denis there, he'd deserve the chance.

the job was Price's to lose. They all said it at the start of the season.

well you know what? until he can prove he can take it back 100%, he's lost it.

ribs always had talent, mostly when he was with us it was shooting his mouth off.

Maybe so, but my main beef -- as with the kids now -- Vets dont seem to care anymore about taking young players under their wing and "break them" into adult life. That's how it used to work before. Now there's cliques, vets feel threatened they'll lose their spot & ice-time, etc.

Maybe so, but my main beef -- as with the kids now -- Vets dont seem to care anymore about taking young players under their wing and "break them" into adult life. That's how it used to work before. Now there's cliques, vets feel threatened they'll lose their spot & ice-time, etc.

Good mentoring by vets could go a long way towards developing young talent.

Usually if one guy has the flu, others are infected in various stages....could mean the Sharks are ripe for the picking tonight if the Habs push the pace.

Let them score the first goal and then hug it out in the post-goal euphoria. After that, they'll be dropping like flies.

ribs always had talent, mostly when he was with us it was shooting his mouth off. I'll keep breezy any day over that p.o.s. Breezy bleeds bleu blanc et rouge. ribs just pretends to bleed.

LOL. he put up more points then any of our current crop of youngsters. But thanks for your vote.

Maybe I should make a poll.. favourite goat, Breezy, or Ribs (and no Kozed, you can't write in Koivu :) ).

To be fair to Koivu.. he is too short to fit anyone but Boo Boo under his wing. :lol:

CBC now starting their San Jose homer broadcast... this should be fun to watch... I sure hope the habs blow them out so I can listen to the CBC have nothing to say...

LOL. he put up more points then any of our current crop of youngsters. But thanks for your vote.

Maybe I should make a poll.. favourite goat, Breezy, or Ribs (and no Kozed, you can't write in Koivu :) ).

To be fair to Koivu.. he is too short to fit anyone but Boo Boo under his wing. :lol:

CBC now starting their San Jose homer broadcast... this should be fun to watch... I sure hope the habs blow them out so I can listen to the CBC have nothing to say...

At least you get to watch it. Down here on The Rock, they're showing the Leafs/Sens game. I guess they overlooked the fact that the Sharks have a local boy on the team that his family and friends might wanna see play.

Can I write in Higgins?