Perfect trade partner

peihabs

:hlogo: I would go into the play-offs with the 4 centre's we now have as Metropolit is a decent centre good on face offs, & hopefully Lang will return. What we really need is more toughness to get by Philly & Boston also we need another D-man with Bouillon out as I would only use Briseboise to give Schneider a rest once in awhile. I would go after R.Smyth, I. Laperriere & J. Leoplod from Colorado. Offer Tanguay, Dandenault, D'Agostini, Chipchura & O'Byrne. We would be giving up 2 UFA's & receiving 2 UFA's but Tangauy's salary would have to be moved to bring in Smyth. Our line up would look like this: Halak/Price D- Schneider/Markov, Komisarek/Hamrlik, Leopold/Gorges depth Briseboise. Up front Kostitsyn/Plecanek/Kovalev, Higgins/Koivu/Smyth, Latendresse/Lapeirre/Kostopolous, Pacioretty/Metropolit/Laperriere. Play Pac's on third line until Lat's is back and Stewart on the fourth line. (depth with Lat's back Stewart & Laraque)

:hlogo: I would go into the play-offs with the 4 centre's we now have as Metropolit is a decent centre good on face offs, & hopefully Lang will return. What we really need is more toughness to get by Philly & Boston also we need another D-man with Bouillon out as I would only use Briseboise to give Schneider a rest once in awhile. I would go after R.Smyth, I. Laperriere & J. Leoplod from Colorado. Offer Tanguay, Dandenault, D'Agostini, Chipchura & O'Byrne. We would be giving up 2 UFA's & receiving 2 UFA's but Tangauy's salary would have to be moved to bring in Smyth. Our line up would look like this: Halak/Price D- Schneider/Markov, Komisarek/Hamrlik, Leopold/Gorges depth Briseboise. Up front Kostitsyn/Plecanek/Kovalev, Higgins/Koivu/Smyth, Latendresse/Lapeirre/Kostopolous, Pacioretty/Metropolit/Laperriere. Play Pac's on third line until Lat's is back and Stewart on the fourth line. (depth with Lat's back Stewart & Laraque)

Honnestly, how old are u?

Honnestly, how old are u?

and you? :rolleyes:

all three players have been mentioned in rumors.

however, it's highly unlikely that such a big blockbuster happens. actually, it sounds also almost unlikely that a trade may occur at all.. :P

You could at least spell their names right...

Plekanec, not Plecanek

Brisebois, not Briseboise

Kostopoulos, not Kostopolous

---

I would love to have Ryan Smyth on the team, but my guess is if he chose to not sign with us when Gainey tried to bring him in, he's not going to waive his NTC to come to Montreal to play out the majority of his contract where there is a ton of uncertainty in regards to what the team will look like next season (if Gainey's gamble with the UFA situation of most of our key players back fires, we may very well be on the outside of the playoff picture looking out).

Leopold would be an interesting defenseman to add to our depth chart, especially given the inexperience of the depth we do have.

Lappy would be a solid guy to have in the room if we're going to make a run this year as well, but that's what Tom Kostopoulos is for. Also, with Metropolit coming in, I'm not sure Gainey will add another depth forward, but rather target a more impact forward if he can.

The deal won't work. The Avs management have been told by their owners that they need to cut costs. In other words, if Smyth, Leopold and whoever is making the big bucks is gonna move, it's going to be for youth and picks.