Most likely to be traded?

Trizzak

dandy for sure.

Higgins #2? Banking on Pacioretty and Latendresse will both prove more productive?

Or banking that what we get in return for Higgins will prove more productive. You may be less productive at LW, but it could be more than made up for by the fact that you're more productive at C, RW, or D (whatever Higgins gets traded for).

Also, Tanguay is coming back this week, and it's pretty likely he'll be more productive than Higgins at LW regardless.

dandy for sure.

Higgins #2? Banking on Pacioretty and Latendresse will both prove more productive?

They've already been as productive as Higgins has been this year. As much as I hate to say it, I think last year's numbers are the type to expect from Higgins on a yearly basis. He just doesn't have the finishing touch to be that consistent 30+ goal scorer we wanted him to be. If we can get an impact scoring forward for him, they I think we have to do it.

They've already been as productive as Higgins has been this year. As much as I hate to say it, I think last year's numbers are the type to expect from Higgins on a yearly basis. He just doesn't have the finishing touch to be that consistent 30+ goal scorer we wanted him to be. If we can get an impact scoring forward for him, they I think we have to do it.

Ya, the only thing that bugs me about Higgins is that he could go to a team like Philli and become John Leclair. I hate when that happens.

Dandy is the most likely guy to be moved by the deadline. Bob will try to accomodate him as much as possible!

I think the 2 on Saku is much too low. I would put him right up there with Kovalev (5) as his ability to bring the team together when the going got tough was lackluster as well. He also went 13 games without a goal this season so he's right up there with Kovy (a trade with Minnesota could potentially happen). Higgins really should be a 7. If there is anybody who is going to be involved in a deal you have to figure that it is going to be him...and I won't miss him :clap:

Ya, the only thing that bugs me about Higgins is that he could go to a team like Philli and become John Leclair. I hate when that happens.

He could but I cant count how many times ive watched higgins not finish...he simply is not a top 2 line goal scorer as everyone had anticipated for

I think we'll see Dandenault go for a pick, and then Gainey picking up another defenseman - maybe Morris, maybe a depth guy. The only other real possibility I see is Jokinen but I won't get my hopes up.

He could but I cant count how many times ive watched higgins not finish...he simply is not a top 2 line goal scorer as everyone had anticipated for

A guy who scored 23 goals as a rookie, 22 in 61 games in his second year, and 27 goals last year is not a top 6 forward? Who the heck are we expecting to play on our second line? Even with all his struggles this year, he's on pace for about 17 goals if he played the full season. With thirty teams, 6 top 2 line forwards per team equals out to the top 180 forwards in the game. Do you honestly think there are 180 better forwards than Higgins?

He's a quality forward that may not be a top line winger, but he's definitely a guy that can play in almost anyone's top six with that kind of production.

I'm okay with trading him, but it's about allocation of resources in our situation rather than thinking he's somehow unqualified for his role.

A guy who scored 23 goals as a rookie, 22 in 61 games in his second year, and 27 goals last year is not a top 6 forward? Who the heck are we expecting to play on our second line? Even with all his struggles this year, he's on pace for about 17 goals if he played the full season. With thirty teams, 6 top 2 line forwards per team equals out to the top 180 forwards in the game. Do you honestly think there are 180 better forwards than Higgins?

He's a quality forward that may not be a top line winger, but he's definitely a guy that can play in almost anyone's top six with that kind of production.

I'm okay with trading him, but it's about allocation of resources in our situation rather than thinking he's somehow unqualified for his role.

I have to agree with you. Higgins would be a second line winger on most teams. I wonder what his production would have been this year if he wasn't hurt and played with Koivu and Tanguay the whole time.

I have mixed feelings about moving him.

The only person I want on our 2nd line has the name DUMONT on his back and plays for Nashville..he would be a perfect fit. Higgins just isn't the right fit for his salary and he's only going to want more. With the cap expected to go down.. can you afford to have someone who misses 7/10 chances? Bob, Please Move him! :clap: And Bring JP in :que:

Edited by l<OV4L3V

about higgins, I wouldn't mind if his production remained at around 20 goals 40-50 pts IF IF IF he was a perennial Selke candidate, or if not a candidate, one of the very good defensive forwards in the league... as previously advertised / sold by Andre Savard...

IMO, he's a deception on both accounts :

he is not a prime score

he is not a prime two way

he is just a regular not so great 2nd liner, à la Brian Savage (although he's quicker and is way better than Savage on a checking role... but he's no Jere Lehtinen... miles away from that)

Higgins is one of our best two-way forwards... He's no Datsyuk but I think that's a little bit unfair to ask for. 20+ goals for a player who can play well in PK, PP and even strength who is responsible and his own zone and chips hard in the offensive zone would be welcome in my top 6 any day of the week. He's got speed, hands and isn't afraid to go into the corners either. The only thing he lacks to be a complete player is finish because if he had that, he could be shooting for 40 goals with the number of chances he creates for himself.

So, let me get this straight...

Higgins is not good enough because he is not J-P Dumont (who apparently is the only 2nd liner "Kovalev" wants on our team at all... that would be a lot of 5 on 3 situations we'd be giving up), and because he is not close to the best defensive forward of his generation like the guy who drafted him boldly predicted when the team was terrible.

Okay.

about higgins, I wouldn't mind if his production remained at around 20 goals 40-50 pts IF IF IF he was a perennial Selke candidate, or if not a candidate, one of the very good defensive forwards in the league... as previously advertised / sold by Andre Savard...

IMO, he's a deception on both accounts :

he is not a prime score

he is not a prime two way

he is just a regular not so great 2nd liner, à la Brian Savage (although he's quicker and is way better than Savage on a checking role... but he's no Jere Lehtinen... miles away from that)

Why does he HAVE to be a perennial Selke candidate? There are like three of those in the entire league.

The only person I want on our 2nd line has the name DUMONT on his back and plays for Nashville..he would be a perfect fit. Higgins just isn't the right fit for his salary and he's only going to want more. With the cap expected to go down.. can you afford to have someone who misses 7/10 chances? Bob, Please Move him! :clap: And Bring JP in :que:

I agree that JP would be the perfect fit for the Habs. However I would be highly surprised if Bobs trades for him. Bob would have to eat a lot of Crow if he picks up Dumont. Dont forget that Bob could have signed JP as a UFA for 1/2 of what he makes now. If Bob was to get him he would be admitting that he should have signed him 2 years ago, which is what I've been saying all along. JP should be a Habs, he is a perfect fit.

Higgins always seems to pop up in the rumor mill. He really hasn't been the same since the ankle injury. But, this guy is definitely a quality second liner and great in the locker room and on the penalty kill....He's gritty, speedy and always works hard at both ends...

I like he in the CH, but Bob does have some room to upgrade as I'll bet ever GM likes Higgins for all reasons stated... above...

This decision could be an opportunity for Bob to work some magic....or to make a big misstep...

Please not Jok-I-nen!

I'm pretty sure Dumont said he doesn't want to play in Mtl when he was a FA a bit back. I remember distinctly wanting to sign him, and him coming out with that.

I'm re-doing my guess, Carle next after Dandy :P

That's exactly what I thought, but once I mentioned it and got bombed with the complete opposite. Apparently he wanted to come to Montreal but Bob didn't want to sign him. I don't know, not really sure.