Habsworld Official 2009 Trade Deadline Thread

Figured it was high time to start this thread so we don't get inundated between now and Wednesday.

I'll start and Robert L. of eyesontheprize won't be happy.

The Atlanta Thrashers have traded defenceman Niclas Havelid to the New Jersey Devils in exchange for blueliner Anssi Salmela.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an important-mod will surelly try to fuse it with an exisiting topic. I tried to do the same with deadline rumours/deals regarding the habs, it got merged to the permanent rumour thread by a jackass who thought he was being so important, ya know. ;)

anyways, I support your thread initiative, way to go! :P

So far Many players have been asked to sit by their respective teams,

Guerin-NYI

Moore-TOR

Antropov-TOR

Rechhi-TMB

This pretty much means trade.

Got 'hem in my pool. Better not sit too long or be traded to play on 4th lines...

Torts will be UBER-thrilled with that.

like bobby mac said torts will tell him shut the fork up and play. And this time if his iq is above 3 he will, so its 50/50

I too wonder about Moore. Sure he's a 3rd or 2nd line forward but 2.5 might be a good contract. Moore would probably take it. I think the Leafs are lowballing him here. I'm not sure what they are after. The kid has character. Must be picks. But, is the pick going to be greater than what Moore brings back to T.O.?

In 3 or so years I'll remember I opinioned this and I'm going to be interested to see if I was correct.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

This should go into a signing thread but I decided to post here because he was possibly going to be moved if he wasn't signed. There was speculation.

Forward Alexandre Burrows has agreed to an $8-million, four-year contract extension with the Vancouver Canucks, a source told ESPN.com Tuesday.

Burrows signs - ESPN link

Let the overpaying begin! (Not you Bob) ^_^

Not saying this deal's an overpayment by either team....but I'm sure there will be at least 1 today

Edited by kenadian

I realize LeClaire's value is at an all-time low due to the injury and his poor play early this season, but did they really have to add a 2nd rounder to him to get Vermette?

that's alot paid for an overachiever.

Leclaire's only a year removed from a 9 SO season PLUS a 2nd round pick...for Antoine Vermette? When the hell was his value that high? I really hope thats not Howson's answer to Columbus getting a "bonafide #1 C". I've always hated Vermette, he's just way too lazy out there. He's like a slightly more productive Tyler Arnason.

Great gamble for the Sens though, I like the deal.

Huh? Vermette has been an underachiever, and you could say the same about Pazzy since he's never stayed healthy a full season.

but he was rather good when he was healthy.

anyhow I think columbus is a better team today. I just wished they kept their 2nd rounder.

good move for Ottawa. Leclaire has the potential to be a number one and Vermette has been pretty bad this year. Also the second round pick can probably land them a player as good as Vermette

Leclaire's only a year removed from a 9 SO season PLUS a 2nd round pick...for Antoine Vermette? When the hell was his value that high? I really hope thats not Howson's answer to Columbus getting a "bonafide #1 C". I've always hated Vermette, he's just way too lazy out there. He's like a slightly more productive Tyler Arnason.

Great gamble for the Sens though, I like the deal.

Yeah, even with Pazzy's value at an all time low, I don't understand how they had to add a 2nd rounder to get Vermette, who's never lived up to expectations.