Habsworld Official 2009 Trade Deadline Thread

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol, wise series of move.

EDM gets Sully, which kinda fits with their young & quick team

Car gets back Cole, the only team where he really wanted to play IMO

and williams gets to LA, where maybe he could come back to life (I have him in a pool and he stinks!)

lol, wise series of move.

EDM gets Sully, which kinda fits with their young & quick team

Car gets back Cole, the only team where he really wanted to play IMO

and williams gets to LA, where maybe he could come back to life (I have him in a pool and he stinks!)

dumb move for LA, brilliant for EDM

Ales Kotalik from Buffalo to Edmonton for 2nd rounder,

Olaf Kolzig, Jamie Heward and And Rogers + 4th rounder to Leafs for Richard Petiot to Tampa. Enough goalies already Leafs?

Edited by Habsfan84

What would Toronto want with Kolzig?? Pushing for the playoffs or what?

I thought they wanted to develop Pogge, and a dead-end season would be the perfect way to give him more games without having to worry if he's winning or losing. Suddenly they have a goalie log jam with him, Cujo, Toskala, Gerber and Kolzig in the system. What the hell is going on in Leaf Land?

I thought they wanted to develop Pogge, and a dead-end season would be the perfect way to give him more games without having to worry if he's winning or losing. Suddenly they have a goalie log jam with him, Cujo, Toskala, Gerber and Kolzig in the system. What the hell is going on in Leaf Land?

lol? :unsure:

TSN saying Toronto is basically paying for a draft pick. Tampa wanted to clear salary to save money, Toronto took on the contracts while picking up a 4th and a former 1st rounder. TSN is questioning whether it will be allowed by the league.

Kolzig will never dress for the Leafs, so he doesn't add to the goaltender situation. He's out for the year and is a sure bet to retire.

TSN saying Toronto is basically paying for a draft pick. Tampa wanted to clear salary to save money, Toronto took on the contracts while picking up a 4th and a former 1st rounder. TSN is questioning whether it will be allowed by the league.

Kolzig will never dress for the Leafs, so he doesn't add to the goaltender situation. He's out for the year and is a sure bet to retire.

fueling the "TBay has no money to pay Vinny" speculations.

Vinny might still get traded this summer. I don't want to start a debate there, but it's highly possible IMO.

:puke:

Oh well, life moves on.

man, be happy, I thought you'd lose Burrows. He's locked 4 years at 2M

that's gold.

you also got 10M man Sundin

and you didn't lose Ohlund (many rumours had him leaving Vanc)

Man, I'd actually be rooting for my hometown team if they didn't have Bert.

Lombardi is scary fast and has some good offensive upside but he doesn't compare to Jokinen at all. Prust is a good pest but he's injured and Calgary has a ton of players like him already. Plus they added a good top 4 offensive defenseman and gave up absolutely nothing (shite deal from Giggy but at least we didn't deal Laperierre.) They've got some better high-end prospects then years before so losing a 1st doesn't matter (especially when it's Calgary's choice which one they lose)

Kinda want to go see some more Flames games now.

that's gold.

Ohlund apparently wants to test the market now though.

Man, last year the Jackets could have given LeClaire and some minor pieces to get Brad Richards, now we have to add a 2nd to him just to get Vermette. What a difference a year makes, especially when a guy like Mason makes such a quick impact.

Man, last year the Jackets could have given LeClaire and some minor pieces to get Brad Richards, now we have to add a 2nd to him just to get Vermette. What a difference a year makes, especially when a guy like Mason makes such a quick impact.

Would of been nice but Columbus would have had no goaltender at all. They didnt know Mason was this good.

that's gold.

It's not that. Any 3rd line centre like Pahlsson or Moore and I'd care les of what the Alberta teams did but doing nothing kinda makes me sad. I loved it when at the press conference, it sounded like Gillis hadn't a clue Pahlsson went to Chicago... :lol:

Ales Kotalik from Buffalo to Edmonton for 2nd rounder,

Olaf Kolzig, Jamie Heward and And Rogers + 4th rounder to Leafs for Richard Petiot to Tampa. Enough goalies already Leafs?

Well played, Oilers :clap: