Waiver Wire

markierung

We have a waiver wire thread??? I'm not criticizing the idea of having one. Given the mega movement - it's needed but I never thought we would need or run a waiver thread. The times they are a changin'. Maybe we should rename Trade Deadline Day to Waiver Fiesta. :lol:

I'd rather take Roberts off waivers than trade for Guerin. If we're going to get an ancient veteran who isn't gonna be around next year, it might as well be for free. I'm not advocating bringing in either one, but would take Roberts over Guerin.

Satan

Gary Roberts

Brenden Morrison

A Couple of other minor guys have been placed on waivers as well.

TSN

The Ottawa Senators once again placed goaltender Martin Gerber on waivers to see if there are any takers for the Swiss netminder. Gerber has been playing with the Binghamton Senators of the AHL for the past few weeks.

The Sens also placed defenceman Brenden Bell on waivers.

Other names of interest include the New York Rangers' Aaron Voros and Erik Reitz, Eric Perrin of the Thrashers, the Blackhawks' Craig Adams and Jon Sim of the Islanders.

I'd rather take Roberts off waivers than trade for Guerin. If we're going to get an ancient veteran who isn't gonna be around next year, it might as well be for free. I'm not advocating bringing in either one, but would take Roberts over Guerin.

Id rather claim Eric Perrin and Aaron Voros and dump Laraque and Metropolit (although I don't dislike either, I just think that Perrin and Voros are superior hockey players with more grit and more drive)

We have a waiver wire thread??? I'm not criticizing the idea of having one. Given the mega movement - it's needed but I never thought we would need or run a waiver thread. The times they are a changin'. Maybe we should rename Trade Deadline Day to Waiver Fiesta. :lol:

its not a waiver thread, i just put it up because usually there aren't that many guys on waivers all at once

I'd rather claim Eric Perrin and Aaron Voros and dump Laraque and Metropolit (although I don't dislike either, I just think that Perrin and Voros are superior hockey players with more grit and more drive)

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Perrin either, but don't see it happening this soon after picking up Metropolit.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind Perrin either, but don't see it happening this soon after picking up Metropolit.

nah, certainly won't happen and I'd have no grudge if Bob had the choice and picked Metro over Perrin. They're just as quick and Metro has more experience.

From what I've heard Voros is tough to coach, which is one reason he got booted out of Minnesota. I dont think Risebrough's gonna give good references to Gainey about him.

Roberts for his leadership presence would be much appreciated IMO. If we can move Dandy and replace him with Roberts, I'd be fine with it. Just to have an insurance policy in case Stewart gets overwhelmed in the playoffs.

I agree as long as he doesnt have to big contract which I think he has.

His contract is 2.75 and if you dump metropolit and Dandy the Habs may find a solution at centre. Morrison is a UFA after this season.

For players salary's go to http://www.nhlnumbers.com/

His contract is 2.75 and if you dump metropolit and Dandy the Habs may find a solution at centre. Morrison is a UFA after this season.

For players salary's go to http://www.nhlnumbers.com/

Morrison isn't worth it. Either he still needs another off-season to fully recover from his knee surgery, or he's just washed up. He's had plenty of opportunities with talented linemates in Anaheim and he hasn't produced. He doesn't bring anything to the Habs that we need.

I think Roberts would be a great pick up, especially for nothing. Roberts is so old and plays with so much heart and grit that the youngsters would have to do the same or look uselss out there. :lol:

NHLnumbers says he's a UFA after this season but others say he isnt so which is it? Even the TSN players info says: 30-Jun-08 Signed by the Tampa Bay Lightning to a one-year contract.

I'm confused as to why he was waived, but if he does have another year that could explain it. I'm sure some team out there probably would have traded for him.

Morrison isn't worth it. Either he still needs another off-season to fully recover from his knee surgery, or he's just washed up. He's had plenty of opportunities with talented linemates in Anaheim and he hasn't produced. He doesn't bring anything to the Habs that we need.

He benefitted from when Naslund and Bertuzzi were both dominant players.

He's washed up. He's one of those C who has a great couple years playing with talented wingers, gets overpaid and eventually setles into being a player who only comes up in Trivia Questions 10-15 years after he retires.

Satan is locked in the minors for Pittsburgh.

Appears that if a team claims him after the trade deadline, they can't play him for the rest of the season, including the playoffs !!! And calling him back in the NHL is capspace suicide for the Pens.

Weird situation.

I find it a bit odd that no one claimed Roberts. I'm sure there are a couple of playoff teams with the cap space that had nothing to lose.

I find it a bit odd that no one claimed Roberts. I'm sure there are a couple of playoff teams with the cap space that had nothing to lose.

A couple of things come to mind:

- Would he accept a lesser role without whining about it?

- Contract (would anyone expect different coming from me?) - he has a cap hit of $2.42 million, $820,000 of which is GP-based, plus another $350,000 in other stuff. This is pricey for a 4th line/locker room guy, not to mention that a lot of the bonuses won't expire until after the season (not much relief when they're unreachable).