Mathieu Carle asks for a trade

BTH

Another Quebecois wants out:

http://www.rds.ca/bulldogs/chroniques/270424.html

Probably figures there's too much D depth inside the Habs system.

Too much depth in the Habs system? With Brisebois, Bouillon, and Schneider probably not coming back next season, and Komisarek continually inching closer to testing the UFA waters, I'd say Carle is a near lock for next season, even if Emelin comes over.

Still, screw him if he thinks he's entitled to NHL time now. I'm surprised he didn't get injured while asking to be traded.

Voyons donc sacre bleu!

lol

man, wow... just wow.

He thinks he is Eric Lindros or what?

What the "F" happened?

Too much depth in the Habs system? With Brisebois, Bouillon, and Schneider probably not coming back next season, and Komisarek continually inching closer to testing the UFA waters, I'd say Carle is a near lock for next season, even if Emelin comes over.

Still, screw him if he thinks he's entitled to NHL time now. I'm surprised he didn't get injured while asking to be traded.

you're right... and if he is wondering why we didn't call him up, I'd ask him why he spend 50% of the last two seasons on the IR.

get healthy, then we'll give you a try.

maybe it has to do with O'Byrne... they all know what a big tool he is... and they're all pissed that it's always him who gets called up.

Yeah too much depth "long" term speaking. Subban-Weber-Markov-Komi-McDonagh-Gorges-Hamrlik, maybe Emelin, etc...

We have Markov, Hamrlik and Gorges under contract for next season. Komisarek's probably coming back and Schneider could easily be coming back (at a reduced salary). Then Bob will probably try to bring in a veteran defenseman - maybe Brisebois again, maybe Morris, maybe someone else.

Then, he'll have to fight for his job with Weber (who's passed him on the depth chart), Emelin, O'Byrne and Valentenko.

Then there are McDonagh, Subban and even Fischer that are probably going to pass him on the depth chart in a couple of years.

And this is if none of Torp, Stejskal, or any of the others wind up surprising people.

He'll have plenty of competition for his job, not just next year, but for the next many years. But yeah, he should have at least waited for the start of next season to see if he cracks the team.

It's kind of funny when the nobody's start asking for trades. At least with Begin, he had earned something along the way, whereas Carle has done nothing but get hurt.

What a donkey.

At least he didnt just ran away to Russia!

I'm guessing the arrival of Kemp, Schneider & Janik, the trial of J.T. Wyman to defense, plus the probability that David Fischer makes the jump this season and Subban + McDonagh next season didnt help him feel confident...

Carle is a right-handed defensemen and there's currently 6 guys in front of him (Komo, Schnide, Gorges, Brisebois, O'Byrne, Weber) and possibly 2 more (Fischer + Subban) soon...

Still, he could have just do it in private or at the end of the season.

Maybe we'll get something of value back if a GM think he's Matt Carle...

Otherwise, I can't imagine we'll have many takers...

Yeah ok, here we go, now we can finally get Lecavalier! That's of course if some of the other teams that are just lining up for Mathieu Carle doesn't offer us an even sweeter deal..................

One of these whining fools will have to be made an example of sooner or later. Begin I understand, and even Perezhogin to a point, but guys like Laraque or Mathieu Who? Please... Work hard for a change, bring it and see what happens. Otherwise shut up, and for God's sake learn that these trade requests need to be addressed to your GM directly and discreetly, not through the media.

I can't stand these entitled brats, I really cannot.

This guy isn't an NHLer anywhere in the league. And if he thinks he's better than O'Byrne then he's nuts. The big guy was playing great in Hamilton and played well in his second stint with the Habs this season.

He'll get traded and play on someone else's farm team

It may be personal. Maybe the Hamilton mafia wants protection money. Maybe he just hates Hamilton. If he wants he could try out Cincinnati. :lol:

Anyway, jokes aside. Maybe he can't get along with a player or Lever. I wonder if it truly is tied to his placeon the depth chart in the organization.

One of these whining fools will have to be made an example of sooner or later. Begin I understand, and even Perezhogin to a point, but guys like Laraque or Mathieu Who? Please... Work hard for a change, bring it and see what happens. Otherwise shut up, and for God's sake learn that these trade requests need to be addressed to your GM directly and discreetly, not through the media.

I can't stand these entitled brats, I really cannot.

Asking for a trade doesn't mean he's lazy or isn't working hard. It also doesn't make you entitled or a brat. We also don't know for sure whether he asked it through the media. He could have gone to the GM and then it got leaked somehow.

Hey guys,

I want to be traded too, just putting it out there.

We've had inquiries from Habs I/O about you. They're getting ready for a playoff run, but we feel you have a place in this organization long term.