Playoffs or Bust! 2009

I checked out the scores tonight and everyone that should be losing is winning. :angry:

I thought it might be time for our annual POSITIVE ONLY comments. No complaining and dogging the boys here. If you feel you must please use another thread.

WELCOME BACK PRICE! Let's move up in the standings and no looking back the cup is ours this year!!!!!!!!!!

If Price is going to shut the door as we all hope he can and will, Halak getting sick is probably the best way for this to go down. Good Luck Carey, we need ya!!!!!!!

I think it's as good a time to put Price in Nets. I think with Halak's performance over the past 2 weeks, Price is starting to feel the pressure. He's realising that his job as starting goalie might be in jeopardy! I hope this'll light a fire under his butt!

I expect a good performance from Price tonight!

Positive factors for Habs to make the playoffs.

The power play is working

After this three game road trip the Habs will play home most of the time and the fans are 100 % behind their team.

The goalies are at work.

Tanguay is back and he is a clutch player

Latendresse is going to be top shape at his return. Not gained weight while injured.

They found ways to win when they were dominated.

They will have top win the spot by themselves by winning against hungry team = good next 20 games to watch.

Not much news going on concerning us so I thought I'd come and put in a positive affirmation.

We are the Habs, We are good enough, we are smart enough and gosh darn people like us.

Please BoB, don't let our 100th birthday go down with no action today. We need HELP!!!!!!!!

:ghg:

Not much news going on concerning us so I thought I'd come and put in a positive affirmation.

We are the Habs, We are good enough, we are smart enough and gosh darn people like us.

Please BoB, don't let our 100th birthday go down with no action today. We need HELP!!!!!!!!

:ghg:

I think this no talks with the UFAs until the end of the season needs to be lifted for future seasons as it could be a major determining factor for our 101st season. I am beginning to worry that Bob has no deals up his sleeve...however if he goes out and lands the big V in the offseason...i will be happy.

Is this team good enough to overpay? Here's the positive: Bob is unwilling to trade away all our future for a rapidly declining shot at a Cup this season. That strikes me as positive.

:D

More positive news: we didn't disrupt the chemistry of this team!

And at least we know the goalies won't be bored like Dryden. They'll see plenty of rubber. ;)

Another great thing is that there wasnt tonnes of action at the trade deadline and the biggest move was in the East. Thank God Pronger isnt a Bruin or a Devil like some analysts were predicting. I dont think any of the little moves in the East will upset any balance of power.

So both of our goalies have finished with strong games as of now! Price let in only one goal that he had no chance on and deserved a win. Halak's hot streak never officially ended. No matter who we play on Sunday, we should be strong in nets!

Florida is flying 2-0 alreadu end of 1st .

Key games are Buffalo agaisnt the Sens. 1-1 first periodGo Sens did i say that ?

and Tampa homing against Carolina. Go Bolts.

Buffalo and Carolina have to get out of this night dry.

Unfortunately none of the teams we're competing against for that final playoff spot (Jesus H. Christ, I can't believe it's come to this!!! :angry::angry: ) are in full-blown melt-down mode, playing with an utter lack of will, determination, resilience, or mental or physical toughness. So I suspect there will be many nights of hoping that those teams do like our Habs do and roll over like dead guppies.

Whoops! Did I just slip into negativity? Sorry. No, my shiningly optimistic silver lining, as I say in another thread, is that our guaranteed early exit from either the playoffs or the season will give Gainey more time to work out our contract situation going forward. Go Bob go!!!!

Hey Fanpuck,

Ya it was a torch gif with the fire burning. It showed up on my computer. You couldn't see it?

Anyways. I know this may seem silly but I still want to try it. If you want to start a new thread Mods be my guest, but I thought we could all have some sort of place to call the ghosts of the OLD FORUM! I don't feel like they ever really followed us to the Bell centre. It's so hard to be positive these days so I thought I'd hi-jack the thread and turn it into Calling out the Ghosts. If anyone can add something and we all bond together who knows it might just work.

Talk about giving me the chill.

hey If you could find Boom Boom's jersey retirement ceremony !!!

Thanks for posting those two links. I still get goosebumps everytime i watch that ovation!! Poor Maurice...he hated being in the spotlight!

Edited by Habsfan