Playoffs or Bust! 2009

Talk about giving me the chill.

hey If you could find Boom Boom's jersey retirement ceremony !!!

Don't jump all over me guys with the "let's make the playoffs first" bomb. I was just looking at the standings and tried to figure out who would be the best 1st round opponent.

I have to say, I think I want Philly or Washington. Philly mostly. We have a score to settle with them and hopefully Biron won't find himself again.

I know we can beat Washington plus it would be back and forth end to end exciting hockey but Ovechkin scares me and Theo could come back to haunt us. The B's and Jeresy should be avoided at all cost.

I think our best chance in round one would be Philly.

Thoughts?

I want to play Boston. They're slumping and we're probably the team in the bottom half of the East that they want to play the least.

Some time to kill before taking the plane, evey other threads are too depressing.

I am out of communication for the next 4 games and i wish a winning streak and take

a big chunk of these games in hands and more points ahead of the 9th seed at my return.

There are some positives.

Plekanek is on fire, nobody else seems to realise that.

Tanguay game shape is better and better.

Higgins as now a role that fits is abilities. Third line Pk, stop worry about fancy play and do the hard work and

brain cells are back. Unlike some people say he is not a dork, he is a smart man, maturity will comes as he's afraid to lose

his career, he takes it and desrves a second chance.

Schneider is a leader, a veru good acquisition by Bob. With Kovy back on the PP goals will come.

Latendresse is ready to be back. He was having the best presence on the ice of his young career when he went down.

FINALLY if we except Lang all the players are there to make a good last push.

They are gonna make these playoffs !! And when the foot will be in there anything can happen.

According to Habs Inside Out, a virus has been decimating the Habs' dressing room. Tanguay might not dress next game.

To me, this is good news in a weird way. It explains at least some of the team's lacklustre performance of late. A sick team usually looks pretty horrible. Once the thing works its course, we could *suddenly* start to notice more consistency and energy from the Habs. (And of course everyone will start praising Gainey to the heavens :lol: ). Anyway, it's one reason not to be TOO demoralized by recent games - and Lord knows we need every straw we can grasp at!

According to Habs Inside Out, a virus has been decimating the Habs' dressing room. Tanguay might not dress next game.

To me, this is good news in a weird way. It explains at least some of the team's lacklustre performance of late. A sick team usually looks pretty horrible. Once the thing works its course, we could *suddenly* start to notice more consistency and energy from the Habs. (And of course everyone will start praising Gainey to the heavens :lol: ). Anyway, it's one reason not to be TOO demoralized by recent games - and Lord knows we need every straw we can grasp at!

What in the hell is wrong with this team. Seriously.

Every year we seem to get decimated by this. I know other teams do as well, but those teams seem to be in a minority. Someone needs to remind these players that this is NOT soccer and there's no need to kiss after every goal.

Sheesh.

Tied for eighth and final play-off spot. :o

Just came back from Austin this weekend and can't believe what most of the threads are about plus the fact that this play-off push thread fell off the first page.

It's our last 10 games and I encourage everyone to focus standing by our boys. We can worry about next season, next season or this summer. We need a 10 game run and go into the play-offs confident. Stranger things have happened this season so I'm not counting this run out.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay positive guys!!!!!

it is a great script if we come alive and make a good run in the playoffs . .. . .
You never know. All of the contraversy and "UFA this" and "RFA that" might just evaporate if we can get into the playoffs. Hopefully they make it and the collective team psyche adopts a "nothing to lose" mentality and they stop squeezing their sticks so tight. That's the best I can hope for. A band of brothers who find their game when it's playoff lockdown time. Maybe BOb will put them into a hotel while in Montreal.

On another note, Kovy is once again away from A. Kosty. I think the last time they were apart was in Dallas and both Kovy and Kosty scored in that game. Also I think they were apart in the Edmonton game and both of those games resulted in wins. Andrei assisted on one of Koivu's goals. Here's hoping that someone brings a lucky troll doll or a horseshoe.

Wow! just back last night from a full week out of the habsworld, up in the mountains where hockey

doesn't live.

What happened there is now past but i was very shocked to see the poor results of that important week.

In fact i am glad i didn't see it, i can watch and hope for the best.

Let's enjoy it !, a chase for playoffs is fun, it was sure not expected but it will give us some interesting and stressful

experience.

Go habs Go.