Montreal @ Dallas | American Airlines Center. Dallas, Texas | 6:00 PM ET

KoZed

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Price starts. He played very good against Atlanta but I can't help but feel that Halak is getting the screwjob.

Not to start a rumor, but I just think it's weird that Halak who was winning is getting the shaft. I wonder if Gainey is putting his foot down behind the scenes.

The Koivu line will rock tonight.

Pleks line will follow.

4-1 Habs

Tanguay

Koivu

Pleks

Patch

Price starts. He played very good against Atlanta but I can't help but feel that Halak is getting the screwjob.

Halak should start if healthy. Carbo said win and you are in. Price did not win.

This is the first time that I feel Price has not earned a start. He played well, but they still lost.

It also creates a whole controversy if the Habs lose and Price is not great. Now the fanbase

begins targeting Price more than they already have.

It speaks fairly loudly to who Carbo thinks is better that is for sure. With all the heat on him and

the opportunity to play Halak and shrug his shoulders should they lose he goes with Price and the pressure of

explaining himself should they lose.

Either that or he is ridiculously stubborn.

First off, great looking thread, KoZed!

I am baffled by Price getting the start. Perhaps Carbo (or Gainey) thinks Price is regaining his mojo, and that's why he's getting the ice-time, but I feel it is truly unfair to Halak. Halak stood on his head for 4 games for the wins and this is how he is rewarded? I think Price is the better goalie, but we can't afford to lose any more points in the playoff hunt.

Hopefully Price plays brilliantly, gets the win, and makes this all a moot point.

And hopefully we see a better, united effort from the boys, and few bad penalties from Begin.

GO HABS GO!!!!

so much for all the bs. why are habs fans so quick to jump on anything negative? I hope carey plays lights out and settles everyone down. Nice thread Kozed.

Maybe Halak's just not 100%... better be that.

Yep, Halak's still bothered by a virus. Said he trained yesterday but got fatigued real fast.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...e-la-grippe.php

That's good to hear, not that he's not feeling well, but you know what I mean.

The universe is giving Price his chance. Do something!

I can't help but daydream that Price has the ability to slam the door like he did in juniors. Man o man if he could finally reach that status at the NHL level a cup in the 100th celebrations may be attainable even with this sorry bunch.

Please Price show us you are the real deal.

Rangers winning 3-1 in the third. Must win or we get leap frogged.

GO HABS GO!!!!!!!!

I hope Price realizes how lucky he is to get 3 starts, and away from home. He sucked in the first, but was better in the last game just to be screwed over by the offense. Hopefully he plays great tonight and the team plays well enough to get him a win.

I would still start Halak in the next game, even if Price wins. If they don't, they are basically telling him he will never go anywhere as long as Price is ahead of him. They need to ride both of them for the rest of the season and then pick the hot hand going into the playoffs. It will probably be Price, but Halak has to believe that he could be the guy if he plays great.

It's not Price that needs a horseshoe, it's the offense.

LOL, Carbo better stock up. I am sure they can fit two of them up Kovy's butt.

I love the thread, Dallas's roster looks pretty weak. Even with Richards, they have far too many 4th line forwards, no wonder it's a paradise for Begin.

They have a decent amount of top 6 talent, they just choose to spread it around...

Ribeiro, Modano, the injured Richards, Morrow and Lehtinen, & Eriksson if he isn't just a product of having a good playmaker like Ribeiro on his wing.

Do you consider Brunnstrom, Ott, Morrison, or anyone else on the bottom lines top 6 forwards? I don't think so. I see as many as three on that line up. But of course, three of their best players aren't there. (Zubov too)

Ribeiro, Modano, the injured Richards, Morrow and Lehtinen, & Eriksson if he isn't just a product of having a good playmaker like Ribeiro on his wing.

Do you consider Brunnstrom, Ott, Morrison, or anyone else on the bottom lines top 6 forwards? I don't think so. I see as many as three on that line up. But of course, three of their best players aren't there. (Zubov too)

And yet, they have fought their way back from the abyss. They clearly have more 'jam" then this team.

They really have no choice. If they lose this one considering the importance of the game it's over. There will be no hope for this year.

You could say this before every game, it'll almost never be true. This is just a 2 point game like any other.

You could say this before every game, it'll almost never be true. This is just a 2 point game like any other.

True. They lose this and win 8 in a row and this game would be forgotten pretty easily.

Glad to hear Price is starting for health reasons. I never believe a player should lose his position

to injury/Illness.

I love the thread, Dallas's roster looks pretty weak. Even with Richards, they have far too many 4th line forwards, no wonder it's a paradise for Begin.

Talent or not, they're on a hot streak right now