Who's your favorite NHL young star?

sakiqc

There are a lot of new very good young players in the NHL.. Malkin, Crosby, Kane, Toews, Ovechkin, Getzlaf, etc.

I really like Parise. Great all-around player with amazing sniper touch and hockey sense. Has already 3 straight 30+ goals seasons. Drafted couple spots after AK. Timmins should have started drafting from Hockey State earlier..

Who's your favorite and why?

Anze Kopitar: the next Ron Francis. Intelligent, highly-coachable, very hard to knock off the puck. Gunning for his 2nd 30 goals, 70 pts season at just 21 yrs old. I often believe I'd rather have him than Price.

Cam Barker: Total package, gets zero publicity because he's in the shadow of Toews & Kane. Just 22 and already top 15 best scoring defensemen.

Derick Brassard: That kid is the real deal. Grit, skills, 2-way polish, just 21.

He may not have his best year but I really love Sam Gagner. I think he'll a very good player in the future. will replace ryan smyth in EDM.

Gotta love Toews. he's got every thing and more..except size but who cares??!!

he may fly under the radar But I'D trade for David Booth any day. Will be an awesome 2 way player for many years.

player I love to hate: that punk Parise..how I wish now that we'd picked him instead of agent skullet 46.

Paul Stastny

Flies under the radar because he's so injury prone and doesn't play much but he's put together 183 points in 188 games and he's only 23. The face of the franchise once Sakic retires, he should've had a 100 point season by now if he could play an entire year.

Paul Stastny

Flies under the radar because he's so injury prone and doesn't play much but he's put together 183 points in 188 games and he's only 23. The face of the franchise once Sakic retires, he should've had a 100 point season by now if he could play an entire year.

paul statsny sucks.

I like too many so I'll just mention three of the top of my head....

Paul Stastny. Agree completely with Mike, he's a solid one.

Ryan Kesler. The guy's a warrior. Wears his heart on his sleeve, has size, speed, grit, brings leadership and the list goes on. I can be a homer but he's only going to get better. He was everywhere against the Sharks on Saturday.

Mike Richards. What can I say? I like solid two way players. :D

Edited by Captain_Stealth

I like too many so I'll just mention three of the top of my head....

Paul Stastny. Agree completely with Mike, he's a solid one.

Ryan Kesler. The guy's a warrior. Wears his heart on his sleeve, has size, speed, grit, brings leadership and the list goes on. I can be a homer but he's only going to get better. He was everywhere against the Sharks on Saturday.

Mike Richards. What can I say? I like solid two way players. :D

Yeah, I just compared Staz's production to guys like Kopitar, Parise and Getzlaf and was surprised to see just how much better it was. After the big 3, Staz has to be the best U-25 player in the league. Now if he could just stop being injured all the time.

My dad, a Flames fan who just loathes the Canucks, gets mad at me whenever I say something bad about Kesler. He adores him, haha. You're right though, the guy is turning out to be a killer. He'd be awesome if he wasn't in Vancouver. :P

In no particular order:

Shea Weber

Dion Phaneuf

Anze Kopitar

Devin Setoguchi

Dustin Brown

Alex Ovechkin

Evgeni Malkin

Zack Parise

Alexander Semin

After the big 3, Staz has to be the best U-25 player in the league.

Meh, there's a couple guys I would consider to be better, such as Semin, Vanek, Staal, Spezza and Parise to name a few.

Edited by ForumGhost

While I take the risk of being beheaded by some of you, I think Lucic will become a fav of mine real soon.

usually when I hate a player I actually want him on my team!!!

Yeah, I just compared Staz's production to guys like Kopitar, Parise and Getzlaf and was surprised to see just how much better it was. After the big 3, Staz has to be the best U-25 player in the league. Now if he could just stop being injured all the time.

My dad, a Flames fan who just loathes the Canucks, gets mad at me whenever I say something bad about Kesler. He adores him, haha. You're right though, the guy is turning out to be a killer. He'd be awesome if he wasn't in Vancouver. :P

:lol:

I'm sure Staz will get more healthier as time goes on(knock on wood). He's awesome to watch.

On Kes, I've pegged him as my favourite player since 2004. I can remember the Philly offer sheet and how everyone was saying take the 2nd round pick and I thought they were all stupid and crazy. Looks like I was right. :D Kind of pisses me off though to see the same fans now sing his praises and start calling him their fav though.... but that's what you get with bandwagoners. :P

Oh, and my Kesler jersey finally came on Friday. :D

Edited by Captain_Stealth

:lol:

I'm sure Staz will get more healthier as time goes on(knock on wood). He's awesome to watch.

On Kes, I've pegged him as my favourite player since 2004. I can remember the Philly offer sheet and how everyone was saying take the 2nd round pick and I thought they were all stupid and crazy. Looks like I was right. :D Kind of pisses me off though to see the same fans now sing his praises and start calling him their fav though.... but that's what you get with bandwagoners. :P

Oh, and my Kesler jersey finally came on Friday. :D

if he plays with burrows more regularly, they become a super annoying duo !!

Meh, there's a couple guys I would consider to be better, such as Semin, Vanek, Staal, Spezza and Parise to name a few.

I said U-25. So you can knock Semin, Vanek, Staal and Spezza off (he's already better then Spezza though and will be better then Staal. Unless you mean Jordan, he's already much better then Jordan Staal). Stastny has a higher PPG then Parise as well, he's just not as flashy.

I don't think it's just a coincidence all the players you named are from the East either while Staz is in the West. If he plays an entire season last year, he has a 90 point season and gets a ton more respect. His vision though is impeccable.

if he plays with burrows more regularly, they become a super annoying duo !!

Burrows is the 3rd Sedin now. Kes is a part of the RPM (Ryan Pavol Mats) line. Unless a total meltdown happens(knock on wood), they're likely to stay on their respective lines.

Anze Kopitar

Drew Doughty

Ovechking

You forgot Dustin Brown and Jack Johnson. ;)

There is no player in the league I enjoy watching as much as Ovechkin...it's not even close.

After that: Semin, and Green (gawd-damn, those Caps are stacked, eh?), Malkin, Kopitar, Stastny, and Parise

In case you can't tell by that list, I'm all about the high-octane offense. Why can't the Habs have even ONE young player with the kind of game these guys have? :(