Carbo fired

alexstream

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OUIIIIIIIIIII

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I just hope we'll get a whole new coaching staff next year. !!!

Good luck Carbo you tried your best !!!

What do they think ?? The team is supposed to be better with a new coach/new system/new dynamic with 20 games to go ???

I'M FU CKING PISSED !

I dunno, says Gaineys steppin in, if anybody can light a fire under the teams ass, especially Kovy its him.

:hlogo:

What do they think ?? The team is supposed to be better with a new coach/new system/new dynamic with 20 games to go ???

I'M FU CKING PISSED !

No, -> Gainey.

Honestly, Gainey is a better coach though...

All the assistants remain.

No one is going to be happier than Colin, guaranteed. And it's like I said to him a little while ago... The trade deadline is over, Gainey's not going to sign anyone until the end of the season, what else does he have to do but take over as Coach?

Think about it, Gainey is the man that has to negotiate all the contracts with just about all the main players on the team. If they don't play for him, they're not going to get paid.

Gainey will likely tighten the reigns on the players, I wouldn't expect much partying after games anymore - he'll remind them that they have not won anything yet.

Anyway, I'm very excited now. I look forward to the rest of the season.

this move by gainey :king: was an obvious one he was bound to make.

carbo is a good coach but he lost the players a while ago.

:ghg:

:popcorn:

Another though: You have to wonder how much of this was Gainey's decision, and how much of it was the owners... I think that there may be something else in play that we are not aware of (yet?).

Either way, with Carbonneau out, Gainey's job is likely on the line a lot more than it was before. Personally, I think Gainey has had a fantastic job, especially in terms of filling the organization with talented young players with a bright future. However, this is Montreal and people expect a certain results on the ice - especially this season.

wow. Shocker... seriously didn't expect that.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/270846.html

I did

Carbo doesn't have leadership as a coach

Gainey will force respect

Expect the boys to play harder; Gainey did a great job as a n interim coach; if it wasn't for for Koivu's injury and Stillman's lucky goal, we would have KO'ed Carolina

Edited by rafikz

Didn't work last time...

it worked during RS

it was BS because of Huet during the playoffs. (and of Koivu's injury and of Pleks and Higgins slump)

I did

Carbo doesn't have leadership as a coach

Gainey will force respect

Expect the boys to play harder; Gainey did a great job as a n interim coach; if it wasn't for for Koivu's injury and Cole's lucky goal, we would have KO'ed Carolina

i agree. still unexpected with 16 games to go.

wow, i would've expected this had we lost last night, but never would've thought the axe would fall regardless.

Needless to say the Habs are in great coaching hands in Gainey, but you have to wonder what the future holds for the next Habs head coach... who is out there? especially when you consider it HAS to be a francophone :P

Now the real questions:

- Will Gainey become a full time coach next season? I would like that; Gainey inspired Kovalev to have a great season just with a ealk; imagine what it would be like when he's behind the bench

- Bob Hartley?

-Too bad Torotorella is not available; yes, he has a big mouth, but he's good

Edited by rafikz

it worked during RS

it was BS because of Huet during the playoffs. (and of Koivu's injury and of Pleks and Higgins slump)

RS?

I think you and rafikz have your years mixed up, or I do.

Gainey took over the year they didn't make the playoffs, when Montreal lost to Toronto when they played Huet over Halak and lost badly.

I don't think he was there when we played Carolina. Am I remembering incorrectly?

Didn't work last time...

I thought Gainey did a FINE job last time he stepped in as coach. He had the team skating, attacking, and playing an aggressive 2 man forecheck. I hope he implements the same thing again this time.

One word sums up my feelings about the Carbonneau firing --> yay

RS?

I think you and rafikz have your years mixed up, or I do.

Gainey took over the year they didn't make the playoffs, when Montreal lost to Toronto when they played Huet over Halak and lost badly.

I don't think he was there when we played Carolina. Am I remembering incorrectly?

You're wrong. Gainey took over after Julien in 2006, and took the team to the playoffs as head coach. Carbo's first year was the playoff miss in 2007.

I smell pressure from above on this move. I don't get the feeling this was Gainey's call... if he thought the coaching was the issue, he'd have fired an assistant or three as well.