Game thread for tonight

JoeLassister

Please start a game thread so i can have a place to vomit about Dandy being in and Max Pac out !

There I go :

:puke: :puke: :puke:

Forwards:

D'Agostini - Plekanec - Kovalev

A. Kostitsyn - Koivu - Tanguay

Higgins - Lapierre - Kostopoulos

Stewart - Metropolit - Dandenault

Defence:

Markov - Komisarek

Hamrlik - O'Byrne

Schneider - Gorges

Goaltender:

Price

Edited by Fanpuck33
put in lineup, might as well use this as the game thread

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, Dandenault is a lot more useful than some think - he can skate, he plays hard, he wants to win, he knows how to win, etc, etc. I do like Pacioretty's play though, but I suspect D'Agostini gets the edge because he has a right shot as Gainey looks to limit the number of rookies in the lineup for the stretch run.

I'm sure that we'll either see Patches in a position where he will have the opportunity to succeed soon, or we'll see him back in Hamilton where he'll get loads of important ice time. Of course, he's physically NHL ready, but needs to find a niche on the Habs' top 3 lines in order to continue his development. The 4th line simply isn't the right place for him in terms of bettering his game. That's a place for seasoned vets like like Dandenault and Metropolit, not future top 6 forwards.

Edited by Psycing

being an healthy scratch is part a being a rookie.

Gainey is trying to salvage his job so he will go with more reliable players. Dandy has been out( i think) since he asked to be traded.

I guess it's Bob's way to say:''Dandy here's your chance. Take it !!''

I'm not sure but I think that every new coach lost his first game this year so it doesn't look good for tonight !

Remember that Pacioretty has played WAY more games this year than last. He's simply not used to the pro schedule. I remember reading about O'Byrne hitting the "wall" during his rookie year.... but then he picked it up come playoff time and helped lead the Bulldogs to the Championship.

MaxPac might just need some rest. But with Guillaume close to returning, he might be sent down.

I was kinda hoping since KoZed made the last one and we won, he'd continue it...

I think he's highly bitter than Carbo got fired over other elements. ;)

Please start a game thread so i can have a place to vomit about Dandy being in and Max Pac out !

There I go :

emotionally i agree with you.

rationally, Gainey is right.

he wants us to play tighter. Dandy plays tighter than the rookies. Dandy is in.

he wants a RH shot on the PP. Metro is not a solution and should never have been one.

so d'Ago is in.

odd man out is Max Pax :(

being an healthy scratch is part a being a rookie.

Gainey is trying to salvage his job so he will go with more reliable players. Dandy has been out( i think) since he asked to be traded.

I guess it's Bob's way to say:''Dandy here's your chance. Take it !!''

I'm not sure but I think that every new coach lost his first game this year so it doesn't look good for tonight !

Electing to go with Dandenault is a chance for Gainey to salvage his job? Now we've heard it all.

FYI...

Gainey is 188-205-63 as a head coach with Dallas and Montreal.

Koivu said the players poor play was the cause and he feels bad for Carbo.. I am not sure if that is just too obvious, or crocodile tears...

I think we'll see a key performance from Komi and Higgins.

if so we know who are the hypocrites in this team.

If Komi is suddenly a great defenseman and Higgins looks like a 30 goal scorer again, then I don't want to see an A or C on either of their sweaters.

Think about. If this team quite on the coach to get him fired, then they put our season in jeopardy because they didn't like Carbo. What ever happened to win at all cost, bleed the colours, its the name on the front of the jersey, not the back, etc....

I don't care if Carbo was the worse coach in the NHL, there is no excuse for not giving 100%.

There I go :

Are you joking? I can't believe Max pac is out! and for who, Dandy?! I hope Bob knows what he's doing! I might not like this move, but I'll give Bob the benefit of the doubt!

Edited by Habsfan

If Komi is suddenly a great defenseman and Higgins looks like a 30 goal scorer again, then I don't want to see an A or C on either of their sweaters.

Think about. If this team quite on the coach to get him fired, then they put our season in jeopardy because they didn't like Carbo. What ever happened to win at all cost, bleed the colours, its the name on the front of the jersey, not the back, etc....

I don't care if Carbo was the worse coach in the NHL, there is no excuse for not giving 100%.

I really, really, really hope you are wrong about this. If Komisarek were to pull a move like this, I think i'd have to rip his number off my habs jersey...I'd be very disappointed in my boy! I maintain that komo is still injured((actually, i hope that is the case and not what you suggested!!)

I very much doubt they consciously quit on their coach during their contract year, deliberately tanking with millions on the line.

I very much doubt they consciously quit on their coach during their contract year, deliberately tanking with millions on the line.

agreed you guys are acting ridiculous. smarten up.

Putting a player in a position to succeed.

Carbo didn't do that.

If Komi and Higgins come out flying, it's most likely more to do with being put in situations which suit their play. Starting with Komi-Markov, it's already an improvement.

I really, really, really hope you are wrong about this. If Komisarek were to pull a move like this, I think i'd have to rip his number off my habs jersey...I'd be very disappointed in my boy! I maintain that komo is still injured((actually, i hope that is the case and not what you suggested!!)

Let me be clear, I hope you are right. I know it sounds funny, but I hope they suck for legitimate reasons like injuries.

agreed you guys are acting ridiculous. smarten up.

Ah.. most people, including Gainey, are suggesting the team quit on Carbo. I just hope it wasn't led by what we consider the 'next gen' on the habs, which is Pleks, Higgins, Komi, etc...

Putting a player in a position to succeed.

Carbo didn't do that.

If Komi and Higgins come out flying, it's most likely more to do with being put in situations which suit their play. Starting with Komi-Markov, it's already an improvement.

How? Higgins had more time with the 1st and 2nd lines then his performance deserved. Komi had a ton of minutes, and a supposedly good defense partner. What exactly did Carbo do to him that he couldn't succeed in hitting a guy, or playing position.

How? Higgins had more time with the 1st and 2nd lines then his performance deserved. Komi had a ton of minutes, and a supposedly good defense partner. What exactly did Carbo do to him that he couldn't succeed in hitting a guy, or playing position.

You hit the nail on the head. Higgins had more time on the top lines than his performance deserved. Komi played with supposedly a good defensive partner, and not where he was most comfortable.

You want players to gain confidence, you put them in positions to succeed, not flip them round and round so they can't tell helmet from skates.

Everyone has seen Higgsy's struggle - so why force him on the top two lines. Settle him down, play him in a more limited role not asking for so much, and let him come out of his funk by playing a solid two-way game. In Komi's case, re-pair him with the defender with whom he had the most success, not with someone else he may feel less comfortable with.

You hit the nail on the head. Higgins had more time on the top lines than his performance deserved. Komi played with supposedly a good defensive partner, and not where he was most comfortable.

You want players to gain confidence, you put them in positions to succeed, not flip them round and round so they can't tell helmet from skates.

Everyone has seen Higgsy's struggle - so why force him on the top two lines. Settle him down, play him in a more limited role not asking for so much, and let him come out of his funk by playing a solid two-way game. In Komi's case, re-pair him with the defender with whom he had the most success, not with someone else he may feel less comfortable with.

sorry, I find that pretty weak.. so Komi can only play with Markov now?

Higgins was moved back and asked to concentrate on a 2 way game.. he wasn't any better, imo.

If these guys are that tender, then they won't have much success in the NHL. They better be injured, because theses excuse you used are just that, excuses.

sorry, I find that pretty weak.. so Komi can only play with Markov now?

Higgins was moved back and asked to concentrate on a 2 way game.. he wasn't any better, imo.

If these guys are that tender, then they won't have much success in the NHL. They better be injured, because theses excuse you used are just that, excuses.

The unfortunate reality is that its their confidence that's weak. Sure, there might be injuries, but that's not an excuse for mental errors, IMO. Confindence in the toilet, however, is a very real reason why this team is so badly underperforming. Gainey is trying to place guys in positions in which they will succeed. That Carbo has tried these things is quite telling: apparently the players didn't feel they had the confidence of Carbo even in these positions (maybe because they were moved from these same positions after about four shifts) and were playing with a tight grip - or the equivalent. A new face, a new voice, and putting guys where they can succeed is what's needed - along with some calm and consistency.