Game thread for tonight

JoeLassister

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The unfortunate reality is that its their confidence that's weak. Sure, there might be injuries, but that's not an excuse for mental errors, IMO. Confindence in the toilet, however, is a very real reason why this team is so badly underperforming. Gainey is trying to place guys in positions in which they will succeed. That Carbo has tried these things is quite telling: apparently the players didn't feel they had the confidence of Carbo even in these positions (maybe because they were moved from these same positions after about four shifts) and were playing with a tight grip - or the equivalent. A new face, a new voice, and putting guys where they can succeed is what's needed - along with some calm and consistency.

Perhaps, but I don't really believe our D sucked because of Carbo or the pairings. I will believe that Komi has zero confidence, or perhaps is injured. Higgins too. He was off for a long time and has struggled since.

I just don't buy all the "everything is Carbo's fault" or "if he used line X, then the players would be great again".

This team definitely had issues, and I am sure carbo was part of that problem, but it goes deeper then that. Switching out Carbo is a short term fix, not the long term solution.

This game thread is more like Habs fire Carbo Part 2 :lol:

REVENGE NIGHT - GO HABS GO!

LOL, sorry. :)

I do hope we spank Edmonton tonight, their is no excuse not to beat them. I will point out that most coach changes this season did not give a team the win the next game. I hope we change that pattern tonight.

I believe the point Colin is trying to make is that to say that our Defence sucked purely because of the players lack of ability is ridiculous.

What I believe, along with I believe many others here, is that the Canadiens played poor defence partially due to the fact that they didn't have a system to play. Carbo changed his lines and strategies around so much that there was never any identity to this team, no defensive strategy, it was always reactionary. We need to be proactive, set the style and force other teams to counter it, rather than scrambling to adapt the play of individual teams.

I believe the point Colin is trying to make is that to say that our Defence sucked purely because of the players lack of ability is ridiculous.

What I believe, along with I believe many others here, is that the Canadiens played poor defence partially due to the fact that they didn't have a system to play. Carbo changed his lines and strategies around so much that there was never any identity to this team, no defensive strategy, it was always reactionary. We need to be proactive, set the style and force other teams to counter it, rather than scrambling to adapt the play of individual teams.

to be clear, I am not saying the players don't have talent, but that doesn't mean they are not struggling for their own, private reasons. People are assuming it was just coaching. Carbo coached those guys last year and he changed lines a lot, etc. Didn't make them this bad. Hammer and Komi have had what I would charitably call "off seasons".

Are you joking? I can't believe Max pac is out! and for who, Dandy?! I hope Bob knows what he's doing! I might not like this move, but I'll give Bob the benefit of the doubt!

nah i'm not joking. I thought Paciorretty was one of the best player in the few last games. Well, I liked his energy.

Any words from Carbo yet?

Carbo said he would hold a press conference later on this week...most likely on Thursday or Friday!

I thought Paciorretty was one of the best player in the few last games. Well, I liked his energy.

Agreed. Max Pax has been playing well for the past little while now. I thought the kid deserves to stay in the line-up!

I was kinda hoping since KoZed made the last one and we won, he'd continue it...

Just didnt feel like spending more time, effort and energy on a game thread than the Habs players put into their last 20 games.

As we say in French: "Je les attends avec une brique pis un fanal"

I like the lines for tonight but I kinda want Sergei back sooner than later. I think he's got a handful of goals in the AHL this season.

Only 3 goals in 10 games thus far, but he's shown signs of turning the corner and dominating. I think he'll be down for a little while longer.

I like the lines for tonight but I kinda want Sergei back sooner than later. I think he's got a handful of goals in the AHL this season.

I sure wish he was back with the Habs. Brings alot to the table. Speed, skill, grit, and usually pretty reliable defensively for a younster.

Hope your back soon SK.

Pretty funny. On the Sportsnet tonight the guys had a picture of Carbo and his record. There comment was that it looks more like a coach you hire not fire.

I wonder if this was a good move at the end of the day. This smells of a "coming back to haunt us" one day big time. Boston's been bad enough with Julien. I just hope it's not Toronto one day.

In no way was this Gainey's decision. It kind of blows actually. If it wasn't for Gainey behind the bench I don't know if I'd feel good about it at all.

quick poll.. who would you rather have.. stewart..or BGL...

Laraque is probably a better fighter, but more importantly, he's extremely polite ^_^