Game thread for tonight

JoeLassister

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the nightmare Gainey.. nice 4th line... they are keepers...

Gainey was tired of being outshot 2-1.. so they are aiming at being outshot 3-1 now...

2 shots in the 2nd... dare I say.. Carbo managed to get 5 shots out of these guys in the 2nd.. on the road to. :P

My fearless prediction......

Habs miss the play-offs and Bob Gainey resigns as GM once the season is over.

You heard it here first.

I hope not, but if they do miss the playoffs, Gainey is probably gone one way or another.

This team should make the playoffs, but that is about all. If they don't, then perhaps it wasn't Carbo they quit on, but Gainey. Remember, many players were not happy at the deadline or with the fact that Gainey hasn't thought enough of them to offer them a contract...

Just didnt feel like spending more time, effort and energy on a game thread than the Habs players put into their last 20 games.

As we say in French: "Je les attends avec une brique pis un fanal"

À les voir jouer en 2e, je crois que t'as fessétrop fort avec la brique !!!

I don't get it, for those of you who were against the Carbo fans, all of a sudden you are cheering against the Habs?

That's just sad. Like it or not, Gainey made the decision and to (in his first game as coach no less) jump all over him for the same things you were silent on for Carbo is pathetic.

2 shots in the 2nd... dare I say.. Carbo managed to get 5 shots out of these guys in the 2nd.. on the road to. :P

But Carbo had 65 games to get them at 5 shots in 2nd period. In his 1st game Bob is at almost half of Carbos results. ^_^

Metro is fairly decent, he wouldnt be a 4th line guy on many teams.

I think what makes your comments even more ridiculous is that Gainey's had ONE PRACTICE with these guys. Did you really expect him to work miracles overnight, this team has been dealing with Carbo's crap system all year.

I hope not, but if they do miss the playoffs, Gainey is probably gone one way or another.

This team should make the playoffs, but that is about all. If they don't, then perhaps it wasn't Carbo they quit on, but Gainey. Remember, many players were not happy at the deadline or with the fact that Gainey hasn't thought enough of them to offer them a contract...

They didn't quit on nobody. They just suck and the are the sissiest team in the league.

I think what makes your comments even more ridiculous is that Gainey's had ONE PRACTICE with these guys. Did you really expect him to work miracles overnight, this team has been dealing with Carbo's crap system all year.

Now your being ridiculous. Carbo had a system? :P

I definitely agree though. I think Brobin was just being sarcastic. ;)

I don't get it, for those of you who were against the Carbo fans, all of a sudden you are cheering against the Habs?

That's just sad. Like it or not, Gainey made the decision and to (in his first game as coach no less) jump all over him for the same things you were silent on for Carbo is pathetic.

Nobody is jumping on Gainey for his coaching... the point is some of us think the problem was as much or more about the players as the coach. Look at the turd these guys are laying on Gainey..

Now your being ridiculous. Carbo had a system? :P

I definitely agree though. I think Brobin was just being sarcastic. ;)

Sarcasm? Me... Never!!!!!!! ^_^

Nobody is jumping on Gainey for his coaching... the point is some of us think the problem was as much or more about the players as the coach. Look at the turd these guys are laying on Gainey..

I don't disagree, some of these guys need to go. But it was a question of what can you change now that will make an impact. You can't really change the players at this point, they are who they are. But clearly Carbo's message wasn't getting through anymore, firing him seemed like the only logical option.