Just what we need.. .Brodeur...

brobin

Figures..

If NJ beats Phoenix on Thursday, Brodeur is rolling into Montreal on Saturday one win away from tying Roy's win record.

Like he needs the extra motivation. :wacko:

That game will be a true test for the team.

Figures..

If NJ beats Phoenix on Thursday, Brodeur is rolling into Montreal on Saturday one win away from tying Roy's win record.

Like he needs the extra motivation. :wacko:

That game will be a true test for the team.

FV.CK ME!!! Like you said..as if Brodeur actually needs extra motivation to beat up on the Habs in the Bell Centre!!!

I wish he already did it but I wouldn't mind if he done it in montreal( in Ot so we have a point).

If Montreal is the birth place of hockey it figures that such a record, set up by a former Habs goalie, should be beaten here by a local child.

as a Habs fans I'd be pissed to lose the game but since we'll win tomorrow it'd be less painfull.

As a Hocley fan I'm looking foward to the event and hope it happens here !!

It's too bad that Bob is a classy guy; If I were behind the bench, I'd send Stewart barreling into Marty in the first five minutes...hard enough to bury him in the back of the net and send the whole lot crashing into the end boards...just to set the tone. They need to show him no reverance...no respect...just go out there and pelt him with pucks, constantly sending a ton of traffic to the crease in front of him. Record, schmeckord...we need the two points!!!

Big deal. We just have to kick their asses, that's all.

I hate all the tremulousness that's crept into Habs culture this season. It's perfectly reasonable, but dammit, WE should be the team THEY'RE afraid of, not the reverse. :angry:

Big deal. We just have to kick their asses, that's all.

I hate all the tremulousness that's crept into Habs culture this season. It's perfectly reasonable, but dammit, WE should be the team THEY'RE afraid of, not the reverse. :angry:

LOL, they are a better team then us, imo. They certainly have our number most nights. We can beat them, but not playing like we have lately. Gainey has one more game to fix up this mess before he runs into Brodeuur.

It isn't going to matter who starts Saturday, it will be UGLY.

Yeah, Marty will always regret not tying the all-time record in his hometown. Well, maybe he won't regret not tying the record here, but definitely he'll regret laying an egg and getting pulled in the process.

Kovalev possibly out.

The hell with that....give him some Sudafed, run an IV through him, and get him on the bench...even if it's just to play on the powerplay. From what I saw on that pathetic 5-on-3 the other night, I'll take Kovalev spiking a fever working the half-boards over anyone else we've got that's healthy.

Edited by sbhatt

To me, this game is an opportunity. A win would really be a shot in the arm at exactly the right time; potentially the inverse of the disastrous 'Lucic' game that set the tone for this season. Our players should be champing at the bit to really step up and make a statement. (I suspect, though, that their attitude is closer to what we see on this board, timorous 'woe is us' stuff).

Kovalev ain't the key. Kostitsyn, Higgins, Plekanec, Komisarek - the young 'stars' who have stunk out the entire city of Montreal all season...these are the players that have to FINALLY deliver. :hockey:

Pretty sure that Halak will hold up his end.

GO :hlogo: GO!!!

Kostitsyn, Higgins, Plekanec, Komisarek - the young 'stars' who have stunk out the entire city of Montreal all season...these are the players that have to FINALLY deliver. :hockey:

Plex is already delivering over the past dozen games or so (9G, 6A, 15pts in past 13 games). But I agree with you on the others: Komisarek has been terrible, Higgins has been an absolute bum, and Andrei K has been inconsistent as all heck. Time for them to deliver.

To me, this game is an opportunity. A win would really be a shot in the arm at exactly the right time; potentially the inverse of the disastrous 'Lucic' game that set the tone for this season. Our players should be champing at the bit to really step up and make a statement ...

Agreed! Bob has just dealt with the team's first loss. Did he respond with skating drill punishment or communicate a game plan and encouragement? This is what we'll see Saturday, how the team performs after a bad loss. I hope they come out flying and win, what a ray of sunlight that would be!

tinkerbell-pixie-1.jpg

This message brought to you by the magical faerie optimist that lives inside JLP.

The hell with that....give him some Sudafed, run an IV through him, and get him on the bench...even if it's just to play on the powerplay. From what I saw on that pathetic 5-on-3 the other night, I'll take Kovalev spiking a fever working the half-boards over anyone else we've got that's healthy.

Ya, That would be awesome until everyone else drinks from his water bottle.

To me, this game is an opportunity. A win would really be a shot in the arm at exactly the right time; potentially the inverse of the disastrous 'Lucic' game that set the tone for this season. Our players should be champing at the bit to really step up and make a statement. (I suspect, though, that their attitude is closer to what we see on this board, timorous 'woe is us' stuff).

Kovalev ain't the key. Kostitsyn, Higgins, Plekanec, Komisarek - the young 'stars' who have stunk out the entire city of Montreal all season...these are the players that have to FINALLY deliver. :hockey:

Pretty sure that Halak will hold up his end.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Ya, That would be awesome until everyone else drinks from his water bottle.

I'm pretty sure they could work out a system in which he has his own unique water bottle to prevent that from happening....

24wat5z.jpg

No reason to be torn. Historic moment would be the Habs not making the play-offs in their centennial year. Screw Marty, we need points.

^_^

Roy will attend the game

Do you think he will punch Marty is he gets # 551 ?