Habs vs. Islanders | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

It's funny how we forget that we have had some lameish teams that have gone far into rounds and even won the cup regardless of a relatively poor season. There is no reason we can't get our act together. When these guys are on and play 60 minutes we can beat anybody. I only fear two things- Bruins, just because they are strong and always give us a hard time even when they are weak and Ovechkin. Hopefully we can have a year we don't even meet the Bruins for once.

Thanks for bringing Saku over to page 2 my man.

Yet the fanbase is so pessimistic. Blows my mind. And to top it off, in Toronto they are optimistic.

A team that has won nothing who make DVDs about trips to the conference finals believe the sun

is just over the next hill. In Montreal it is sunny and the fanbase is waiting for the rainclouds to come.

Bizarre

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason to lose this one. Still in the Gainey honeymoon and playing the worse team in the league.. should be an easy and much needed 2 points (knock on wood).

Saturday will be a real test.

one shot on net in the 2nd so far.. I still away a better theory on why this team sucks in the 2nd then mine... I think they pass a bong in the room after the first...

You mean it WASN'T Carbo's terrible communication skills that were causing the lopsided shot totals and the Habs taking periods off?

Brutal first half to the second period, leaving everyone at the Bell Centre booing the Habs' "efforts". Confidence has gone right out the window again after Kostitsyn took his second straight penalty.

The commercial break may be a saving grace... we'll see.

Kost keeps his perfect record of no fights won...

he took the initiative that time but still ended up on the wrong end of the fists

LOL...

If only Kostopoulos had fists the size of his heart...

you have to wonder if at this point the poor 2nd period's have become a psychological thing.

I remember having this problem last year (and/or the year before). My idea was to convince all the players that the start of the second period was actually the start of the third period. And then, that the third period was actually overtime. I think that would provide us with some consistent hockey.

This second period is passed.

No matter who's behind the bench they will never play 60 minutes games.

I am positive the team will rebound in the third but the play of AK46, Komisarek

and total lack of grit is what killing this team.

Price, Tanguay and Higgins will save the game. Lapierre line does very good.

Nein frau blucher strudel Streit !

Streit would still be here if Gainey wasn't ######ed.

yep and just think at his salary we could say goodbye to Tanguay at the same time.