Habs vs. Islanders | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, at least Price got us a point.. The rest of the bums can take a long hard suck of his jock....

Now we are going to face Brodeur, who will tie Roy with a win on Saturday... can't wait to see our "newly motivated team"

I am sure glad we fired guy cause that looked so very different from the shit we have been watching all season long. We definitely identified the problem.

Oh and colin how is this carbo's fault it must be.

Edited by habs rule

c*cksucking son of a b*tch, as me Da would say at these times.

Metropolit was brought in to do what exactly? Higgins does what exactly? Gorges looks paranoid, has looked so since the all-star break. Islanders hemming us in, sticking to a game plan, looking like the Wings against us.

Oh well, least Price has bounced back. Sun shining in Tokyo, not going to let the 'performance' of this 'team' get me too down. Bring on St. Pats!

:puke:

Outside of Price looking great in this game, it's hard to feel good about anything I saw out there.

Koivu went back to being invisible again...his heroics were short-lived.

Team defense stunk...giving up lots of shots, some from prime scoring areas.

Andrei K invisible...be nice to see him launching some shots from time to time.

The 2 minute 5-on-3 was pathetic...anyone who still thinks this team doesn't need Kovalev after watching that should give their head a shake.

I agree with what tokyohabs said...the rookies looked like rookies out there.

If the boys play like this against the Devils, it's going to be a very ugly game.

Edited by sbhatt

Well, at least Price got us a point.. The rest of the bums can take a long hard suck of his jock....

Now we are going to face Brodeur, who will tie Roy with a win on Saturday... can't wait to see our "newly motivated team"

We still have a chance vs NJ. If Price plays as well as he did tonight, I think the goaltending will be a wash at worst. We ust need to hope for a whole bunch of powerplays. :)

Yeah, Gainey! Fix bad habits in 2 games please! Holy cow he's useless. I'm about to give up on this team not because of the team, but I'm absolutely completely tired of the horrifically idiotic "fan" base.

Yeah, Gainey! Fix bad habits in 2 games please! Holy cow he's useless. I'm about to give up on this team not because of the team, but I'm absolutely completely tired of the horrifically idiotic "fan" base.

I don't think anyone's blaming Gainey for not immediately getting the team to play better, and there's very little reason to want him to get fired.

Actually, up until this week, I have never even ONCE disagreed with any of his moves.. but firing Carbo was a horrible decision and it'll look worse with each passing game.

Boy was our 5-3 bad.. I have an idea... how about putting a right hand shot there.. maybe Metro????

LOL..

lol

I was actually thinking on the 5-on-3 that I wished we had Kosto or Metro on the ice for the RH shot.

Its not bad habits Gainey has to fix. It's bad attitude and lazy mentality.

lol

I was actually thinking on the 5-on-3 that I wished we had Kosto or Metro on the ice for the RH shot.

No BTH, that is just nuts.. if Gainey did that, we might have to fire him and go with Muller. :)

Good grief. The way some of you are talking makes it sound like you want the Habs to lose so that your opinion of Carbo being wrongly fired ends up being correct. I didn't like the decision, but I damn well hope it's the right one. I'd rather win than be wrong than lose and be correct.

Its not bad habits Gainey has to fix. It's bad attitude and lazy mentality.

And he can do that, this summer, when he sends the core of this team out to market and picks up some players that give 100%.

Good grief. The way some of you are talking makes it sound like you want the Habs to lose so that your opinion of Carbo being wrongly fired ends up being correct. I didn't like the decision, but I damn well hope it's the right one. I'd rather win than be wrong than lose and be correct.

Not at all.. I want a cup as bad as ever, I am just being realistic and looking forward. I would hate us to play better, get a round or two behind us, and then see Gainey get suckered to bring these guys back for 3 more years.

I want them to win it all, or convince Gainey he needs to dump them. I personally don't believe this team has what it takes (which I have said all year), so I want to see the core vets dumped this summer. I can't take 3 more years of this.

No BTH, that is just nuts.. if Gainey did that, we might have to fire him and go with Muller. :)

I've never been so angry over the Habs. I couldn't care less that we only got one point instead of two. With the Flyers losing, it was still a decent night. But now we've lost Carbo and we can never get him back. And who's going to replace him? He was THE man for the job and he'd been around for three seasons and counting. And now we're going to re-sign the same players and give it another go but with Bob Hartley at the helm? Gainey's one of my favourite people of all time but this firing could be catastrophic.

It essentially came down to a decision between Koivu and Carbo. Not because they hated each other (or maybe they did? Who knows) but because the team's crap play could either be attributed to weak coaching/leadership from the coaching staff or to weak leadership/attitude from the inner core of players.

And now we're coach-hunting next season when the guy who should be our number one candidate isn't a feasible option.

I've never been so angry over the Habs. I couldn't care less that we only got one point instead of two. With the Flyers losing, it was still a decent night. But now we've lost Carbo and we can never get him back. And who's going to replace him? He was THE man for the job and he'd been around for three seasons and counting. And now we're going to re-sign the same players and give it another go but with Bob Hartley at the helm? Gainey's one of my favourite people of all time but this firing could be catastrophic.

It essentially came down to a decision between Koivu and Carbo. Not because they hated each other (or maybe they did? Who knows) but because the team's crap play could either be attributed to weak coaching/leadership from the coaching staff or to weak leadership/attitude from the inner core of players.

And now we're coach-hunting next season when the guy who should be our number one candidate isn't a feasible option.

Habs could always do what Ballard did with Roger Neilson and rehire him days after firing him.

If that's directed at me, read the post I quoted. It was written after the game vs Edmonton when everybody were wetting their panties because we won, as if all in a sudden the players were "liberated" from Carbo and could suddenly be good again!

I'm glad we got a point. But this game just proved the point I made after the Oilers game. If you think I'd let it go, think again. I said I'd have zero tolerance for the player's BS and I wont. Not showing up is their fault. It's not a tactical, technical, preparation issue, it's an attitude, heart, emotional issue. A fault that should never be pinned on a coach.

Look at your team now. Look at it very well. Carbo's out of the picture. Look at the players now. Look how they just dont hate losing bad enough. Look how they just dont have the heart to keep up with a focused opponent.

Who are you gonna blame now? Muller? Jarvis? Melanson? The trainer? The Zamboni driver?

Habs could always do what Ballard did with Roger Neilson and rehire him days after firing him.

Carbo, the Billy Martin of Hockey? :P

Fanpuck, nobody wants us to lose. We all want the team to win and it's not like the team's upcoming record is going to be proof of whether it was a good decision or not. Unless we come close to winning the Cup this season, which seems about as likely now as it did under Carbo, then it will have been a bad decision - unless, perhaps, Gainey's willing to hold down both jobs. Or if we sign Ted Nolan or Coach X and he turns into the next Scotty Bowman. But none of that will change that, at the time of the move, the decision was terrible. Far, far worse than Ribeiro for Niinima or the Samsonov signing which looked like reasonable moves without hindsight. I'll stand by every move he's ever made but not this one.

It would make Gainey look like a fool. He can't do that and I don't want him to.

Cheers. Remind me again how Montreal fans are better than Toronto fans?

Ha ha. Then Gainey could do like McNamara and go to court to prove he is brain-damaged.

Then we could paint the Bell Ctr yellow on the inside and...and...

oh Christ.

Cheers. Remind me again how Montreal fans are better than Toronto fans?

I used to think there was a difference, but I don't anymore.

The further the Habs are removed from a Cup, the closer the mindsets become. I used to believe

that it was almost a birthright, then I believed that all they cared about was winning, and after this

puzzling (to me, goes against the grain with Gainey's personality) Carbo firing, the cash cow that they

have created for the 100th anniversary and Gillette's monster cash flow problems, I wonder if it is about

only winning a Cup anymore.

In the 80s I could show up at the Forum and get a good seat for $15, in November I had to chase scalpers

around for the honour of handing over $200 for a shitty seat. That is what Toronto has been for 3 decades.

This year was not the end game. If they missed the playoffs, then Gainey was set with a perfect opportunity

to cleanse the dressing room and put across the message that he supports the coach. It may be the right move,

but it is the first move that Gainey has made in 5 years that shocked the hell out of me and I could not understand

the reasoning. If he was concerned about this season why didn't he fire him on the west coast trip? WHy didn't he

do anything at the deadline? Why didn't a 4 game winning streak and a huge win in Dallas change anything?

I don't get it, Gainey needs to get these guys on the same page or they will be looking at an 8th seed and

a likely first round drubbing. To me that is no different than finishing 10th.