Unfair for Halak

KoZed

Goaltending isn't the problem. Obviously it's cool to pick on 21 year olds and halak who is 23. The goaltending is the least of this teams problems.

The goal was to get Halak 25-30 games this year, that's what has happened, There records are similar.

How about some articles on why is this team so lazy?

Or why does everyone think a 16 goal scorer is the best player in the league?

Or What is the defensive system? i'm not aware of one that allows 40 shots a night?

Goaltending isn't the problem. Obviously it's cool to pick on 21 year olds and halak who is 23. The goaltending is the least of this teams problems.

The goal was to get Halak 25-30 games this year, that's what has happened, There records are similar.

How about some articles on why is this team so lazy?

Or why does everyone think a 16 goal scorer is the best player in the league?

Or What is the defensive system? i'm not aware of one that allows 40 shots a night?

I wouldn't say goaltending is not a problem. You are correct in that it isn't the only problem, but Price was killing this team in Feb. He is playing better now, but if our goaltending doesn't get even better, we will remain a fragile team.

It was unfair to Halak that he lost his spot because of the flu but I think that was the right hockey decision.

Once Price started to show that he'd regained his old form, there was no reason to re-create a goalie controversy. Aside for respect and fairness, but sometimes that can get in the way of your team's needs.

As I mentioned in the other goalie thread, Halak should probably ask for a trade in the offseason. He's earned at chance to be a starting goaltender somewhere but Price has earned it in Montreal. The best we can do for ourselves is get something worthwhile for Halak and then bring in a back up like Joseph or Kolzig (and I don't even mind Denis) to support Price.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...-pour-halak.php

Very good read, and very true. Halak saved the Habs season when Price was away (mentally and physically) but Price is still considered the Savior...

I agree and disagree... Karma was unfair with Halak...

Gainey and co. weren't.

Halak's been sick and up to Tuesday this week, it would have almost been a dangerous decision to give him the start (I was reading last week end stuff like dehydration, risk of fainting, etc... b/c Halak was still feeling dizzy) so it was just normal for Carey to have the starts...

Now, Tuesday, Carey won the game and was pretty confident, had pretty much regained his confidence... So it would have been unfair to him to not start him again on Thursday.

Same article could have been made would it have been Halak starting all those games. We'd be talking about messing up with Carey's confidence.

"c'est Halak qui a sauvé la saison du Canadiens"

wtf?! he won 4 games... how is that sauvé la saison?

those 4 games only gave 4 more games to Guy Carbonneau.

"parce qu'ils ne croyaient pas que Carey Price était un choix de première ronde."

wtf again... Everyone were seeing Carey as a 1st rounder. I believe he'd have gone at #8 or #10 if we hadn't picked him. Ottawa was a sure shot to pick him if I remember corretly from what I read.

"c'est Halak qui a sauvé la saison du Canadiens"

wtf?! he won 4 games... how is that sauvé la saison?

those 4 games only gave 4 more games to Guy Carbonneau.

"parce qu'ils ne croyaient pas que Carey Price était un choix de première ronde."

wtf again... Everyone were seeing Carey as a 1st rounder. I believe he'd have gone at #8 or #10 if we hadn't picked him. Ottawa was a sure shot to pick him if I remember corretly from what I read.

it was Columbus than Chicago, than Ottawa...Chicago would've picked him.

I don't understand the decision to sit Price out. Unless Gainey soothed Halak by telling him that he'd start a platoon going.

I don't understand the decision to sit Price out. Unless Gainey soothed Halak by telling him that he'd start a platoon going.

Continuing the "win and you're in" that Carbo was working recently?

Fact is, Price is not a 60+ game starter at this point. There should be a rotation if you ask me.

Neither golaie is a 60 game goalie on this team. They see 60 games woth of shots in 35 games. They get burned out.

It isn't going to matter who starts Saturday, it will be UGLY.

Neither golaie is a 60 game goalie on this team. They see 60 games woth of shots in 35 games. They get burned out.

It isn't going to matter who starts Saturday, it will be UGLY.

Hear Kosto in the post game reaction talking about the frequent 2nd period collapse? He said something along the lines of how they don't show up in the second period and expect the goalies to save them " If we do that against New Jersey they'll kill us".

I think the boys will be ready and play hard for a WIN!!!!! I think this could be the game where things start to turn around.

Hear Kosto in the post game reaction talking about the frequent 2nd period collapse? He said something along the lines of how they don't show up in the second period and expect the goalies to save them " If we do that against New Jersey they'll kill us".

I think the boys will be ready and play hard for a WIN!!!!! I think this could be the game where things start to turn around.

Hear hear! This could be the ONE. Certainly the boys have to approach it with that attitude.

An upset wouldn't floor me.

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/20...-pour-halak.php

Very good read, and very true. Halak saved the Habs season when Price was away (mentally and physically) but Price is still considered the Savior...

I dunno. If Halak hadn't 'saved the season' not a single soul alive would be questioning the Carbonneau firing. Maybe it'd have been better for everyone's long-term peace of mind (except his) if he'd lost those four games. ^_^

I dunno. If Halak hadn't 'saved the season' not a single soul alive would be questioning the Carbonneau firing. Maybe it'd have been better for everyone's long-term peace of mind (except his) if he'd lost those four games. ^_^

If Price hadn't stuck out the joint for about 15 games, we might never had needed to fire Carbo, we would have been a lock for the playoffs, and the team might have some confidence...

And if we had drafted Zack Parise at 10th instead of A Kostitsyn we'd have a 40 /40 man too ;)

Maybe we should all pitch in and buy the videos of each devils game and send them to Higgins so he can see what is required to be a 40/40 man in the NHL. ^_^

And if we had drafted Zack Parise at 10th instead of A Kostitsyn we'd have a 40 /40 man too ;)

Maybe we should all pitch in and buy the videos of each devils game and send them to Higgins so he can see what is required to be a 40/40 man in the NHL. ^_^

If Higgins had half of the hockey sense and half of the hands or Parise he would be great.

All he has is hard work,

HIggins has a below average shot, in fact I really do not think he is anything more than a 2nd liner on an average team or a 3rd liner on a great team.

5th OA pick vs a 200 and something pick....

Yeah, Halak is the backup

I don't think you can just look at where a goalie is drafted to determine how good they'll be. Goalies develop at a different pace. Remember a guy named Hasek in Chicago or Kipprasoff in SJ.

I'd like to see the habs continue rotating their goalies by going without whoever has the hot hand for another year and then making a decision. Either way, I think they can get a pretty decent return for either goalie.

Price has his junior/AHL success, draft position and size going for him. But I think Halak has shown a lot of promise. I'm still pissed at Carbo for not starting him against the leafs a couple of years ago when they needed to win the last game to make the playoffs.

I like both and I think either one has the potential to be a top #1 goalie in the future.