Habs vs. Devils | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

I looked at the box score, Koivu saw PK time. Not a lot, but he did see some.

:rolleyes:

If Kostopoulos is in the box (he had 2 minors last game), they're going to have to use somebody new. The point is, he doesn't have a spot on either PK unit while Carbo used to give him a couple of minutes there.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if your happy with the results of this team and always fighting for an 8-12 seed, that's fine. Think about it, why are there so many UFA'S? BG plan was to be a real contender this year then turn the team over.

Would the team be so bad with out Koivu (11 goals) Kovalev (16 goals), that is 10 mill for 27 goals. That can easily be replaced. Dandy, Brisby, Komi, Replaced by J-Bo, Emelin and Weber. That is an upgrade. The D couldn't be any worse then it is now.

They have a ton of money to sign and upgrade the roster. I think they will.

Weber couldn't make this years team, upgrade? J-bo for 7mil? He doesn't want Montreal hoopla so forget about him please, He's not coming. Emelin? I've never seen him play and from all the glorified reviews we get here about other prospects that just don't pan out I'm going to assume he might, Might! be above average, but I doubt it.

It's so easy to just spit out names and pretend your solving something.

Pittsburgh seems loaded on paper, they are struggling just like us for some reason. So if we get rid of Kovy and Koivu and get Crosby and Malkin, lights out we win the cup? Doubt it.

I'm sitting back and hoping this team catches fire at the right time just like Pleks did, because as far as I'm concerned everyone blows this season, except maybe San Jose and they might get knocked out in the first round.

It's anyone on any night these days, I'm not giving up hope. Let's talk about gutting the roster when the season ends.

Weber couldn't make this years team, upgrade? J-bo for 7mil? He doesn't want Montreal hoopla so forget about him please, He's not coming. Emelin? I've never seen him play and from all the glorified reviews we get here about other prospects that just don't pan out I'm going to assume he might, Might! be above average, but I doubt it.

It's so easy to just spit out names and pretend your solving something.

Pittsburgh seems loaded on paper, they are struggling just like us for some reason. So if we get rid of Kovy and Koivu and get Crosby and Malkin, lights out we win the cup? Doubt it.

I'm sitting back and hoping this team catches fire at the right time just like Pleks did, because as far as I'm concerned everyone blows this season, except maybe San Jose and they might get knocked out in the first round.

It's anyone on any night these days, I'm not giving up hope. Let's talk about gutting the roster when the season ends.

Word. On the subject of Emelin: I know he has a lot of hype, but I doubt he makes the team right out of the gate IF he comes over. A young kid like this needs to learn the NA style of play, nevermind playing up to NHL speed.

And right now, Weber doesn't upgrade on anyone. We've seen that he's not ready.

Word. On the subject of Emelin: I know he has a lot of hype, but I doubt he makes the team right out of the gate IF he comes over. A young kid like this needs to learn the NA style of play, nevermind playing up to NHL speed.

And right now, Weber doesn't upgrade on anyone. We've seen that he's not ready.

If Emelin comes over, he will more than likely only sign a one-way deal. If he had any desire to play in the AHL first, he would have signed with us earlier, instead of staying in Russia.

If Emelin comes over, he will more than likely only sign a one-way deal. If he had any desire to play in the AHL first, he would have signed with us earlier, instead of staying in Russia.

Doesn't mean he's going to be good right off the bat where we can count on him to be a difference maker. He's going to need time.

Like I said, I've never seen him play so what do I know.

Pittsburgh's actually pretty crap on paper. And they'll only get worse giving young assets for guys like Kunitz and Guerin.

Pittsburgh's actually pretty crap on paper. And they'll only get worse giving young assets for guys like Kunitz and Guerin.

Kunitz is hardly old and has meshed very well. And they got Guerin dirt cheap for a rental. 5th rounder if they miss the playoffs, 4th rounder if they make the playoffs, 3rd rounder if they advance.

Rumour has it that Timmins is/was in Russia doing some scouting recently, and not just of Emelin. Apparently the team has a real interest in bringing Konstantin Korneev (2002 9th round pick) over, who is kind of the anti-Emelin: a small puckmover who is one of the best d-men statistically in the KHL. He'll be 25 in June.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=63799

He's also a potential player for Team Russia in Vancouver, as he's been a fixture on their national team in recent years at the World Championships.

Korneev, Emelin, and Perezhogin all have contracts expiring at the end of this season, so all are available to be freely signed by the Habs if they wish.

Rumour has it that Timmins is/was in Russia doing some scouting recently, and not just of Emelin. Apparently the team has a real interest in bringing Konstantin Korneev (2002 9th round pick) over, who is kind of the anti-Emelin: a small puckmover who is one of the best d-men statistically in the KHL. He'll be 25 in June.

He can sign with any team, we lost his rights years ago.

He can sign with any team, we lost his rights years ago.

We never lost his rights. When he was drafted, there was no expiration date on European draft picks. When the lockout came in, they put a sunset clause on all of the 2002 and earlier picks by 2006... for any player that was playing in a country that the NHL had a transfer agreement with. Which was everyone but Russia. He's still ours, and will be until there is a transfer agreement in place with Russia. Same with Emelin.

And tehcnically, right now, there is no transfer agreement with any European federation, so the NHL rights are held indefinitely for any Euro prospect. So Nichlas Torp doesn't have to be signed this summer by the Habs despite being 2 years since he was drafted.