Habs vs. Rangers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good lord.. Price was brutal.. not many nights a goalie gives up 3 for 3...

So much for our vaunted goaltending everyone predicted. Price needs a few more years of maturing, like most goalies.

I DO BELIEVE IT WAS 4 FOR 4 THAT IS PATHETIC

Would have had Lapierre in there instead of Kostitsyn. Lapierre's game was "on" tonight while Kostitsyn wasn't all that effective. Meh.

SHOULD have been Laps instead of Andrei K.

When a player is confident and scored in the same game, you go with him in the shootout

Good lord.. Price was brutal.. not many nights a goalie gives up 3 for 3...

So much for our vaunted goaltending everyone predicted. Price needs a few more years of maturing, like most goalies.

I don't know, he just has too many weak spots. Like if it doesn't hit him, once he makes his move, Done. Nhl shooters have figured him out. I have.

Hopefully he'll get better in time but I don't see it. Gainey should trade him this summer.

He's big, He spreads out real, real good....but that's about it.

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

Best learn to stand him because he's the future.

Another point down the drain, but a point that would have been undeserved imo. Rags were better team throughout, though we had stretches near the end of the 3rd and OT.

A Kost and Lapierre looked good; Pacioretty much better. Like Higgins with Lapierre more.

Kovalev his usual in-and-out game; at one point I though Koivu had been benched.

D-men wretched.

At least the Habs got a point, coming back from 3 deficits.

But on a negative, Price sure did suck balls in the shootout. 0 out of 3, not many goalies do that. Had lotsa shots, but the 2nd Ranger goal sure was terrible.

Everyone bitching about Price, how did Lundqvist do? Doesn't seem like he set the world on fire either. Granted, I missed the game and all, but looking at shot totals, and even what happened in the shootout, Price seemed to hold his own.

Everyone bitching about Price, how did Lundqvist do? Doesn't seem like he set the world on fire either. Granted, I missed the game and all, but looking at shot totals, and even what happened in the shootout, Price seemed to hold his own.

Yes, apparently you didn't see the game...

Lundqvist let in a softie, but the goals on the shootout against him were very good shots. Price let is three easy shootout shots and a brutal softie during the game.

A brutal softie that was ONCE again tipped by a defenseman stick...which happens all the time. This team needs to let the shots go to price, or if they're gonna stick their stick in front of the puck make sure they stop it.

Edited by bar

What a frustrating game. Price did exactly what we were annoyed with Huet doing last year: let in a softie and then fold in the shootout. We actually got TWO goals in the SO, which we never do, but he couldn't even stop one shot. He was decent in regulation. Can't help but think we would have won with Halak in nets.

Overall, it was a game with a lot more positives, though. Kovalev was alternating between infuriating and brilliant (more of the former, but he scored so it was worth it). Lapierre had another strong game, and wow what a goal. I liked Higgins' effort again, although his mistakes stood out. Koivu - not very good, along with his linemate Andrei.

Our defense was the main culprit again, they tend to take too long or make some bad decision that results in the puck on the opponents' stick and long shifts in our end. This was most prevalent in the third, and I do think that we were slightly better in this regard than in the last two games.

Well, a point is a point. With Buffalo and Florida losing it is actually a pretty big point!

Like I said long ago, Habs just gotta get healthy and get the right players in the lineup. Lats played a solid game, but we need Tangs out there with Koivu.

I thought Dags and Pacs were good as well, so I think a lineup like this might suffice...

Tangs-Koivu-Kovalev

S.Kost-Pleks-A.Kost

Lats-Laps-Higgins

Dags-Pacs-Stewart (Let the Kids play, they give it 100% all night)

We could sub in Kosty and Metropolit. They just dont fit into the system right now!