Habs vs. Rangers | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

Anyone who watch RDS noticed that they film Gainey 5X less than Carbo. Gainey = bad tv.

Worst are press conferences. He is very smart, but he doesn't have that skill and it's hurting his credibility.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else thinks it's time that the Habs recalled Sergei Kost from Hamilton? Would bring some more offense and grit to the lineup.

Yep I agree, time for Sergei to come back up. I was glad he was sent down and hopefully he'll come back with a fire in his belly.

Price was good except for the shootout, he was hung out to dry tons of times tonight and saved the habs bacon, a lot of you seem to have impossible standards.

Price, right now is struggling with his confidence, he waits for the puck to hit him... he second goal, even the 3rd goal, he isnt moving in his net, and b competitive and fight and compete to prevent the puck from going in..

Eventhaugh its Brodeur, how many hilites have we seen this week of him moving with the play, even all out, and swings his arm/glove over to give himself a chance at the puck ( Tim Thomas does the same), Just watched Roloson do it tonight!!

Halak, is now moving in the net, and stopping puck at all costs!!

Price isnt doing that, all about CHALLENGING the player... Goal 2, GOAL 3 ( good goal) --- but watch hilites he is on his knees and tries to use his body, in meantime leaving the whole net open around him ( play like a statue) ( is MELANSON telling him to play this way?)

SHOOTOUT: exemplified his problem, didnt show anything that he would stop any, HE has no lateral movement!!

STill remember that USA/CANADA shootout, he sure faught back then!! ( COnfidence, being rushed, goaltending coaching style, what has changed?)

Right now HALAK should play....

( DID everyone hear the comment tonight on SPORTSCENTRE/TSN, that with CARBO starting HALAK 5 straight games, may have contributed to his firing as PRICE regardless is the goalie to go with!!)...hmmmm interesting...

Price was good except for the shootout, he was hung out to dry tons of times tonight and saved the habs bacon, a lot of you seem to have impossible standards.

This is correct. Fans are looking at his awful shootout and attributing the other goals to Price sucking. 2 out of the 3 goals were faults of his teammates, and considering the 40+ shots he faced, I'm happy with just 3 goals.

If the Habs cut the opponents shots down, Price will cut down the goals.

While one can blame Price for being VERY early on his knees on the 2nd goal of the game, look at the replay and admire how Hamrlik gives easily the zone to the Rags. That drop pass should never happen.

While one can blame Price for being VERY early on his knees on the 2nd goal of the game, look at the replay and admire how Hamrlik gives easily the zone to the Rags. That drop pass should never happen.

I really don't understand why he hasn't been left aside for a few games yet..

Man people are tough on Price, he had 40 freakin saves again. The team didn't even show up in the third, they were outshot 18-5 or something, Henrick let in the softie to give the habs a point. The second goal arguably was soft however as others point out it's normally the D who hang him out to dry. I didn't see many complaining about Halak's soft goals against the Devils. Put Halak and Price on the Devils, see if they are bad goalies or playing on a bad team.

Well at least they looked like an nhl team for the first half of the game. The second was vintage habs no shows. So your tied starting the third in a tight playoff race and you come out and give up 18 shots? That's pretty weak.

The only the habs make the playoffs is if the Panthers or Carolina lose out. I don't see 5 more wins out there for this team.

As usual, I'm not sure what game you were all were watching. Price played well and overall it was a much better effort. The game could have gone either way, obviously.

Well, when people want to complain, they remember only the last few things they've seen. Unfortunately, this time, the last thing they've see is the shootout...

Price, right now is struggling with his confidence, he waits for the puck to hit him... he second goal, even the 3rd goal, he isnt moving in his net, and b competitive and fight and compete to prevent the puck from going in..

Eventhaugh its Brodeur, how many hilites have we seen this week of him moving with the play, even all out, and swings his arm/glove over to give himself a chance at the puck ( Tim Thomas does the same), Just watched Roloson do it tonight!!

Halak, is now moving in the net, and stopping puck at all costs!!

Price isnt doing that, all about CHALLENGING the player... Goal 2, GOAL 3 ( good goal) --- but watch hilites he is on his knees and tries to use his body, in meantime leaving the whole net open around him ( play like a statue)

This is the way I feel....he's a little bit too dependent on his positioning...if the puck doesn't hit him, it goes in...he hardly every MOVES to try for a puck that's headed outside of his 'statue zone'. I prefer a goaltender who BATTLES for each and every puck...that takes a lunge at it in a desperate attempt to snag the puck no matter how long a shot it is that he'll save it. To me, Price just doesn't project that burning desire to stop the puck that other top goalies have.

Price wasn't terrible, but he wasn't great either. His problems were obvious in the shootout. I am not bashing him, but pointing out that his play is still not up to PRICE'S standards. He is still down early, in deep, and not confident. The puck still hits him a lot, but his rebound control is brutal at times.

We need either Price or Halak to get on a roll and play with confidence. A win doesn't mean Price is back (as many say), nor does a loss mean he is terrible. I want to see him playing with confidence, win or lose! Right now, I don't see it. It is better then 4 weeks ago, but he is not back to his potential. Half way there perhaps.

That said, I am not blaming the game on him by any means. Many on this team sucked! I only blame the shootout on him, because he should have won that, or at least demonstrated that it would be tough to score on him. It didn't take a perfect move to beat him.

Maxim has had a pretty good season. He's proven he can score. I wonder if he was given more responsibility how he might work out.

When everyone was having problems they seemed to end up on his line and he would just keep chugging along. Why not turn the table and bring him up as a reward to centre Kovy and AK.

Has it been done this year? The guy skates, hits, defensive, great attitude etc........ maybe he could pick up some garbage goals left by AK and Kovy shots. That is if they decide to shoot.

Maybe?