Habs @ Senators | Game Thread

Fanpuck33

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we go back with Price next game. Halak is not the future, why is everyone so short sighted wanting to win now, Price only let in one bad goal. Every game we seem to lay on the feet of Price and completely let the team off the hook.

I hope we go back with Price next game. Halak is not the future, why is everyone so short sighted wanting to win now, Price only let in one bad goal. Every game we seem to lay on the feet of Price and completely let the team off the hook.

:clap:

It's about time this game wasn't his fault!

There is alot more going on with Price than people know as well.

The one bad goal cost the Habs at least one crucial point and the goal came just after the Habs made it 3-2.

I seem to have watched a different game than you. I saw Price let in 4 goals on 15 shots. The Habs allow around 40 shots a game.

I dont care if Bob starts Price, what drives me crazy is that they allow Price to continue to play in games that he starts when he is clearly off his game. Apparently Bob needs to make up some criteria to know when to pull him: after 3 goals in 1st period, more than 2 goals on less than 10 shots, etc.

Plek was horrible on the faceoff tonight. Kovalev was bored and I want the other Kostisyn to play and Andre can sit for a while. Why can't the Koivu line and the Kovalev line play well at the same time? They always take turns. Thank god Tanguay and Lats are back. If we don't sign Tanguay, I will be pissed. He is so good.

We should be in 9th place by tomorrow. From 5th to 9th in a week. All because we can't play defense. Istead of finding a bonafide defensive coach, Lever is brought up to take up space.

I'm glad Gainey pulled Price. Even though the only real stinker was the Rutuu goal. I sometimes wonder if he doesn't need glasses. The Spezza goal was pretty unbelieveable.

So?

This isnt group therapy. It's hockey. If whatever is going with him affects his game, then too bad.

:clap:

Being a professional means leaving your personal shit at home and performing well in games. If you can't do that, you shouldn't be playing.

The Spezza goal was pretty unbelieveable.

What's unbelievable is that Price didn't have his five-hole covered when it was obvious Spezza had limited shooting options from in that tight.

GAiney has shown plenty of loyalty to Price, he has given him every opportunity to regain his form.

He is not right. He guessed three times in the shootout, Spezza's first goal should never have gone in.

A butterfly goaltender's job is to take away the bottom of the net, his legs were open, his stick was not

flush to the ice, then the Ruutu goal was just abysmal.

Enough of the kid gloves. If he wants to be an All-Star he is going to have to be tough. This reminds me

of Roy in 1987. I kept hoping that he would figure things out, but he never did. So Hayward ended up

carrying the load.

You don't give up on Price, but you also don't send the message to the team that it is ok to play poorly and

be rewarded. Halak should never have been displaced, Carbo said win and you are in and when he returned

from injury/sickness he lost his job.

I don't think he is the better goalie, but he is feeling it and playing a hell of a lot better.

You ride Halak until he plays poorly. Win or Lose. If Price gets another opportunity he needs to step up

and perform. If it was good enough for Roy, it is good enough for Price.

Denial ???

Price sucks

Very insightful.

He doesn't suck, he is playing poorly. Big difference.

We need to stop anointing Price as the future of the franchise. Just because we drafted him 5th overall and Halak in the 9th round doesn't mean Price is going to be the better goalie.

What's unbelievable is that Price didn't have his five-hole covered when it was obvious Spezza had limited shooting options from in that tight.

Bingo

Agree that Price will be the future, but Halak needs to start now. Just no way a team this fragile can have p*ss-poor backbreaking goals against them like Carey let in tonight. Of course, if Halak does the same next start we're out.

Bob could dump most of the D, they don't look up to it. Though why Komi doesn't play with Markov is beyond me. forwards in our own end are wretched, just passengers floating around at the blue line. Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson could have had 10 goals tonight for the chances we gave them. And please bring back the ctr line so we can stop trying the only breakout plan we have, the 'long bomb' pass.

Koivu and Kovalev have nothing, their poor plays or lack of recognition is frankly astonishing. Why doesn't this team shoot more? Lapierre and Kosto looked alright, Higgins too, Tanguay crying out for a playmaker, Plex wants to shoot, A Kost wants to shoot...Gui nice game for so long on IR. Metropolit a human zero.

Nothing in this team makes me think they can make the playoffs, absolutely nothing. They are losing to all the worst teams, Leafs will be well up to knock us out of a playoff spot and we will collapse emotionally and offer nothing. Does Don Lever want anything to do with this mess?

That is the point of a playoff fight. You dont win now, you miss the playoffs...simple.