Boivin: the next Coach will be francophone

rafikz

Anyone in Montreal hearing about the Lemaire wants to coach the Habs next year.

Rumor is he wants to but can't say anything because he is still under contract with the Wild. Somewhere on TSN it was said.

The other thing is. Al Strachen (sp?) said on the hotstove last Saturday's game with the Pens that Patrick Roy will be coaching Colorado next year.

Thoughts?

nobody here posted anything so just wondering if there is anything going on in the Montreal media.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I personally think Gainey is the best possible choice to coach this bunch, Lemaire would be a great consolation prize. Montreal has ALWAYS - with the exception of 1993 - won its Cups with tremendously discipline- and systems-oriented coaches; even 1993 saw Demers inheriting a tremendous structure from the Burns years. He will *probably* have some chemistry with Gainey (fellow Cup champs) to boot. And he will have zero tolerance toward any BS from guys like Kovalev and Kostitsyn. Can't lose. The only question is whether Jacques has finally decided to stop playing crybaby about the media. Cross yer fingers.

Alot of people complain too much now about GC being a defensivd coach. Lemaire is way more a defensive coach then any of the past 5 coaches.

I don't care who can coach this bunch, i don't want to see this bunch play together any more.

New coach, new younger players. The cubbard is still pretty full with prospects and younger talent. Not grade A talent, but solid NHL ptential.

Lemaire has said to RDS reporters that there is NO WAY he'd be interested in coaching the Habs. He hates the Media and he's not interested in spending an hour a day explaining to reporters why he made certain moves or took certain decisions!

You can forget about Lemaire in Montreal!

Lemaire has said to RDS reporters that there is NO WAY he'd be interested in coaching the Habs. He hates the Media and he's not interested in spending an hour a day explaining to reporters why he made certain moves or took certain decisions!

You can forget about Lemaire in Montreal!

I hope to god you're right. It's hard enough as it is signing free agents!

Oh, well.

Unlike some others, I don't give a flying piece of piranha poop what style the Habs play, as long as they WIN. You're telling me you'd rather have the 2008-09 Habs than the 1986 or 1989 edition? Gimme the 86-89ers any day of the week, thanks.

But if Lemaire isn't coming, then he isn't coming. Tant pis.

Oh, well.

Unlike some others, I don't give a flying piece of piranha poop what style the Habs play, as long as they WIN. You're telling me you'd rather have the 2008-09 Habs than the 1986 or 1989 edition? Gimme the 86-89ers any day of the week, thanks.

But if Lemaire isn't coming, then he isn't coming. Tant pis.

Those teams were quite different from a Lemaire team. They were defensively reponsible bit still had guys crack the 90 and 100 point marks.

What has lemaire won recently? All he has managed is to chase every free agent out of minny!

An injured Gaborik was offered $8m and he still turned them down. The habs have enough of an issue attracting any free agents, that would only get worse with Lemaire.

Those teams were quite different from a Lemaire team. They were defensively reponsible bit still had guys crack the 90 and 100 point marks.

What has lemaire won recently? All he has managed is to chase every free agent out of minny!

An injured Gaborik was offered $8m and he still turned them down. The habs have enough of an issue attracting any free agents, that would only get worse with Lemaire.

The Devils seem to do fine without attracting big scorers. Winning is what players care about.

Lemaire has not won a Cup recently, but look at his record with Gaborik in the lineup, the Wild also won their division last season,

had 104 points the season before that and made the Conference Finals in 2003. All done with a relatively meek roster.

As for players cracking 90-100 points on the 86-89 Habs, that is not a fair assesment. During that time span the league was high

scoring and registered 3.75 GPG on average, contrast that to a league that has only cracked three once in the last 12 years and

the numbers are unfairly skewed.

The 1989 Habs who finished in second overall with 110+ points had two players over 80 points (Smith 83/Naslund 84).

An 84 point season adjusted for today's scoring rates is a 67 pt season.

The 1988 Habs had Bobby Smith with 93 and Richer with 84 (75 pts and 67 pts adjusted)

The 1987 Habs who made the conference finals had Naslund with 80 (readjusted at 64)

The 1986 team is the only one that was high scoring, but the league was averaging close to 4 goals per game on average.

The late 80s Habs were consistent contenders and great defensively, but they were not a big offensive team. Believe me, I used

to be frustrated watching them struggle to score goals, and go entirely cold with the removal of Richer from their lineup in the 88 playoffs.

That was their meat and potatoes and I would much prefer that team to this inconsistent core.

It is where I thought they were going when Carbo took over and have beenbdisappointed they have not morphed into a reasonable facsimile.

Edited by Wamsley01

Serge Savard : " The next team president will be...me "

Never liked Boivin sweet b.s talk, corporate image wanna sell you some centiennal crap.

He was there to convert Habs fan money in debts interest payment for is others crappy investment.

Gillet, just another amigo who came and took what we had, instead this time he won't leave with it.

Just leaving it devastated, with no other five year plan...