Re-hire Carbo!

KoZed

Oh God, this thread made me chuckle. I promise you that if the Habs did hire Carbo back and we lost 2 games, there would again be a bunch of "Fire Carbo!" threads. I don't think anyone here really knows what they want.

I want to win.

Personally I'm still trying to figure out why Bob fired Carbo. What was the point when so far all Bob has done is basically identical to what Carbo was doing.

I was under the impression that when a coach is fired the new coach comes in a takes a different direction with the team.

Neither Habs coach seems to know what they doing this year, but both coaches used to know what they were doing.

I'm thinking Bob should have demoted Carbo, and joined him on the bench or just in practices to help Carbo. Its a shame that Carbo is gone so soon, we all had such high aspirations for him, not to mention now even Bob as GM is in question if they fail to make the playoffs.

I'm thinking Bob should have demoted Carbo, and joined him on the bench or just in practices to help Carbo. Its a shame that Carbo is gone so soon, we all had such high aspirations for him, not to mention now even Bob as GM is in question if they fail to make the playoffs.

That castrates the coach. You think he lost the room before? Having the GM come in to watch over his shoulder directly would completely neuter Carbo's ability to have his direction taken seriously.

Personally I'm still trying to figure out why Bob fired Carbo. What was the point when so far all Bob has done is basically identical to what Carbo was doing.

I was under the impression that when a coach is fired the new coach comes in a takes a different direction with the team.

Neither Habs coach seems to know what they doing this year, but both coaches used to know what they were doing.

He couldn't do that. That would paint Carbo so wrong and he doesn't deserve it.

Carbo made mistakes and it pissed me off. I never believed that he was the reason that the Habs sucked, just as I never believed that Koivu is the reason the Habs suck. They both bare responsibility in this mess however.

The longer this goes on, the stronger I believe that Bob was told what to do by higher up.

I thought it was a decent move at the time.

I was wrong.

All the system crap is garbage. Carbo had a system, but it doesn't matter when half the team is floating.

Gainey didn't fire Carbo because he didn't like the system, or the lines, or who played where. He fired Carbo because the team put in zero effort and he hoped that him coming in would get them moving. Unfortunately, he now knows that many of them have quit on the team.

It doesn't matter what system you try to play if the team doesn't fight for the puck, win the little battles, and move their feet. If they were doing that (all of them), we would be winning just fine. This is obvious when you look at our 3rd line that comes out hard and completely dominates the other team. Then our first two lines come out and barely get out of their own zone. The difference isn't the talent or the system.. its the desire.

Though i like Carbo better than Gainey behind the bench in this situation it doesnt matter who is behind the bench if this team has no heart exept for one line. That's what kills us.

and as bob is finding out Carbo didn't lose the team they lost themselves somewhere on the way to the arena. This team has been like this since before carbo. At what point do we make the millionaires responsible, miss the playoffs and it WILL be this year. it wasn't the coach this time last or the time before that. We need some wholesale changes and we need to add some heart.

Well, any other team would have canned Carbo before Bob did. In fact, if Carbo hadn't won that Dallas game I'll bet he wouldn't look nearly as good as he seems to in retrospect. Let's see: the young players almost to a man regressed this season; the veterans were mailing it in; he lost the room; team defence was catastrophic. And let's not forget his ridiculous slowness in making adjustments (c.f. last season's playoff vs. Julien). I fail to see any argument that Carbo is the answer, or that he had the answers. You can well argue that he wasn't *the problem* - but neither was he the solution. And the fans all chanting his name at games are a pack of hypocrites. I'll bet ANY money that a good chunk of them were calling for Carbo's firing a few weeks ago. So I ain't buying this whole 'Carbo is a misunderstood genius' argument.

What Gainey needs to do is stabilize the situation by hiring a veteran coach with impeccable credentials. Hartley may be the best bet, though what we really need is a Joel Quenville.

Now, it's increasingly popular to argue that these guys just suck. I dunno about that. Mike Komisarek, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Carey Price - last season, these players were regarded as the core of one of the very best young talent pools in all of hockey. Concluding that they 'suck' is waaaaay too hasty. They're just too young to draw definitive conclusions; for all we know, this season could turn into the most valuable learning experience of their careers. But clearly none of these players were prepared to follow up on last season's breakthrough. Add to that the gruesome-to-behold decline of Saku Koivu and the regression of Kovalev, you've got a dying veteran core attached to an immature young nucleus. That's a bad, bad mix...but it may not really be anyone's fault, when you think about it. Should Gainey have known that Koivu would pick this year to wash up? (And he *did* bring in Lang...) or that Kostitsyn would manifestly fail to step into the role of 'Kovalev replacement?' In theory, the rising young guns should have helped to carry the declining veterans and vice versa. Unfortunately it went the other way. It's a bloody shame and I can't think of another team that has done as the habs did, patiently rebuild with young players, and had it blow up in their faces so badly. It's just...really, really shitty luck, in a way.

Now, it's increasingly popular to argue that these guys just suck. I dunno about that. Mike Komisarek, Tomas Plekanec, Andrei Kostitsyn, Sergei Kostitsyn, Carey Price - last season, these players were regarded as the core of one of the very best young talent pools in all of hockey. Concluding that they 'suck' is waaaaay too hasty. They're just too young to draw definitive conclusions; for all we know, this season could turn into the most valuable learning experience of their careers. But clearly none of these players were prepared to follow up on last season's breakthrough. Add to that the gruesome-to-behold decline of Saku Koivu and the regression of Kovalev, you've got a dying veteran core attached to an immature young nucleus. That's a bad, bad mix...

Watching the postgame sat night, or maybe it was hotstove, either way one of the talking heads brought up a good point about the habs this season. When you think about it, a guy like Carey Price has never really faced much adversity in his short lifespan, both on and off the ice. When his whole world began crashing down a month or two ago, what does he have to lean back on to pick himself back up? When you couple that with some very questionable leadership in the room, I think you get the sense that is he is just lost right now. It's sad when you really think about it in that context, but the only thing that will turn it around is time. If I were BG I wouldn't dream of starting him again unless it was a road game in a relatively non-hostile barn, he simply can't handle a home game right now.

If the fans truly want to help this team succeed, they would just cheer for them, all game, whenever anything good happens, just cheer. Did you see the way the team loosened up after Laps potted his first and second?!? It's easy to criticize, it takes a real fan to know what the team needs and to really support them.

Watching the postgame sat night, or maybe it was hotstove, either way one of the talking heads brought up a good point about the habs this season. When you think about it, a guy like Carey Price has never really faced much adversity in his short lifespan, both on and off the ice. When his whole world began crashing down a month or two ago, what does he have to lean back on to pick himself back up? When you couple that with some very questionable leadership in the room, I think you get the sense that is he is just lost right now. It's sad when you really think about it in that context, but the only thing that will turn it around is time. If I were BG I wouldn't dream of starting him again unless it was a road game in a relatively non-hostile barn, he simply can't handle a home game right now.

If the fans truly want to help this team succeed, they would just cheer for them, all game, whenever anything good happens, just cheer. Did you see the way the team loosened up after Laps potted his first and second?!? It's easy to criticize, it takes a real fan to know what the team needs and to really support them.

That's more like it.

Hey MK1, I wasn't blasting you in the other thread, it's all the comments in all the threads over the past couple of weeks. I was answering your post and then just got pissed by the end of it. :angry:

That's more like it.

Hey MK1, I wasn't blasting you in the other thread, it's all the comments in all the threads over the past couple of weeks. I was answering your post and then just got pissed by the end of it. :angry:

NP completely understand