how bad is it?

habs rule

Last night on Coach's Corner Cherry was actually wearing a habs tie and said he is cheering for the Habs to make the playoffs.

He also said he feels sorry for us in our current slump. Never in my 40 years of watching the Habs have I felt so low. When Don Cherry feels sorry for us we have hit the bottom of the barrel. This has to be the bottom doesn't it? :wall:

Edited by habs rule

Last night on Coach's Corner Cherry was actually wearing a habs tie and said he is cheering for the Habs to make the playoffs.

He also said he feels sorry for us in our current slump. Never in my 40 years of watching the Habs have I felt so low. When Don Cherry feels sorry for us we have hit the bottom of the barrel. This has to be the bottom doesn't it? :wall:

I think grapes was drunk or had his medications mixed up yesterday, after all he also called Ovechkin the best player in the league. Only other thing I can think of is that he fell and bumped his head and it temporarily made him somewhat sane for the first time in his pathetic life.

I think grapes was drunk or had his medications mixed up yesterday, after all he also called Ovechkin the best player in the league. Only other thing I can think of is that he fell and bumped his head and it temporarily made him somewhat sane for the first time in his pathetic life.

:lol::lol::lol:

Or maybe he realized this was the 30th anniversary of his famous too-many-men screw up and is trying to butter up Montreal to go easy on the remembrance ceremonies.

He's becoming less of a prick as he gets old.

He only wants an eastern team in the playoffs so the CBC and him have an audience...

hey that's right without an eastern team he may not have a job for the playoffs. I knew the little prick had something up his sleeve. Thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

I think you guys who hate Cherry may possibly be mad because he tells it how it is. I thought liberals were open to any point of view.

Milbury, Stock, Mcguire threw them under the bus as well. Unfortunately like me, i call them how i see them. The habs have a bunch of pussies and no character / leadership on there team. That's the problem.

My dislike of Cherry is not about how much he likes the Habs or how he tells it. It's about cheering for the likes of Domi, it's about concentrating on the punch thrown after the whistle...I can go on.

This has to be the bottom doesn't it?

Not really. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Habs lose again on Tuesday against the Thrashers!| It's not like beat them up this year!

Edited by Habsfan

Cherry was feeling bad for Gainey because he can see that the vast majority of the guys on the ice simply aren't playing for anyone right now and Gainey's move to stir them up by axeing Carbo hasn't done anything to inspire the leader's on the team. It must be a tough spot to be in as a coach/GM, and while the CBC guys did a good job picking up on the line shuffling producting a couple goals in the 2nd, really when you've tried everything to no avail and solution_17 happens to produce something positive what else is there to say?

Well if the current Canadiens braintrust had listened to a little of what Grapes had to say, Montreal wouldn't be in such dire straits.....a few more Canadian boys with heart, and a little less Russian boys with attitude would probably bea good thing for this club

I noticed that Cherry, who dresses like a parade on acid, also said Ovechkin was too flashy. So he's got perspective issues for sure. Still, when he said he felt for the Habs, I wanted to cry . . .

Well if the current Canadiens braintrust had listened to a little of what Grapes had to say, Montreal wouldn't be in such dire straits.....a few more Canadian boys with heart, and a little less Russian boys with attitude would probably bea good thing for this club

i think we could all agree with that but arm chair gm's like cherry are a dime a dozen.

You forgot a certain soft Finn with attitude... ;)

He just wants the Habs to make the Playoffs for Canada. He Knows that we need at least one team from Canada representing the East so that CBC will be able to show the 7:00pm game. If there were no eastern Canadian teams then we as Canadians would only get to see Canadian games at 10:00.