Practice Lines

Quebecois

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev

AKost-Plekanec-Skost

Lats-Lapierre-Kosto

Higgins-Metro-Dandy

Pacioretty sent down

Thoughts?

I like the idea of playing the veterans together. If we make the playoffs it's going to have to be them that takes us there.

I thought Higgins was one of our better players last week and it's a bit discouraging to see him on the 4th line, but even when Higgins is playing well he isnt producing much this year so it is deserved.

According to the Team 990.

Tanguay-Koivu-Kovalev

AKost-Plekanec-Skost

Kosto-Lapierre-Lats

Higgins-Metro-Dandy

That has to be the line that gets things going for this team, the rest is just shuffling deck chairs....

That has to be the line that gets things going for this team, the rest is just shuffling deck chairs....

Then we're done. As much as I love those guys, they can't be your top line if you expect to win games consistently.

Case in point, they all had a great week and we lost every game.

:clap:

Lets hope these lines stay practically the same for the last 10 games. Enough is enough with the shuffling. Tweaks are alright, but some stability is required.

I don't expect Lats/Laps/Kosto to be the top line, but I do expect them to get the rest of the guys on the bench going so they can start producing the way they should be. Everyone needs to know their role, and those guys seem to be playing with the heart that mostly everyone else on the team is not. It was no coincidence BG referred specifically to Max in the postgame saying just as much, although he could've easily included Lats in the same sentance.

Yea, having Kiovu and Kovalev together makes sense, they can do less damage out there together as opposed to playing apart.

But I don't know what Tanguay did to get punished by playing with those 2.

Yea, having Kiovu and Kovalev together makes sense, they can do less damage out there together as opposed to playing apart.

But I don't know what Tanguay did to get punished by playing with those 2.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. This way, Koivu and Kovy will only slow each other down, and hey, one of them might get mad and do something! And I agree, we should leave the lines as they are right now, until the end, barring injuries or 5 consecutive 5-0 losses. A little consistency in that sense might help the players.

Seriously though, call me crazy, but all we need is to get on a roll. Nothing fixes an ailing team like a little winning streak, and once the boys remember how to win, things could turn around.

At this point, I'm done analyzing, trying to figure out why they aren't winning; I'm just hoping, praying, and dedicating every toast I make with every beer I drink until the Habs are in or out of the playoffs. Officially.

I LOVE IT! Finally, a lineup that makes sense!

(I would probably put Higgins on the 3rd and move Kosto down to the 4th, but that line has been hot so maybe not!)

Anyways,

Habs gonna get hot at the right time, I can feel it!

Any idea of who the tender will be? If it is Price then it is the exact lineup I wanted. PLEASE Bob, give Carey the reigns!

... and the poor soul stuck playing with them.

Guess Bob is mad at Tangs... :P

True, but I think the reasoning there is it's three vets on one line. If someone can carry their own weight and not rely on their linemates too much, it's Tangueray.

Leave these guys together.. Koivu and kovy will bitch about playing together, and tell them they're stuck together until something happens.

*crosses fingers*

Hope these lines finally do the trick. I fully expect Higgins to get a few shifts on the other lines.

Edited by lazy26

I have to say that Higgins is right about where he deserves to be right now. That is the 4th line left winger. He has been outproduced and played by the 3 above him in Tangs, AKosty, and Lats. Thus he can see spot duty 5on5 and can be one of the main penalty killers.

Lets hope these lines work better.

Very happy that S.Kostits is back in the lineup.

I like the lines.

Pacioretty played alright for us and i expect great things from him in the future. It's just what needed to happen so we could get S Kost back in.

But Higgins has played a couple of very good games playing with Lapierre. Why punish him for it?

Metropolit is sh*t, Dandy doesn't play so well at forward. Only hope is that Higgins and Dany click somehow, but seem so mismatched. I really like Kosto but he is a 4th liner, nothing more.

It has been mentioned several times how the brothers play poorly when together. We'll see now. Looks to me like these lines will be shuffled after a period, swapping Higgins for Kosto; and maybe Latendresse for S. Kost.

Wonder what we'll do about the defense...

It has been mentioned several times how the brothers play poorly when together. We'll see now. Looks to me like these lines will be shuffled after a period, swapping Higgins for Kosto; and maybe Latendresse for S. Kost.

The bros. were at their best, IMO, when together with Lang.