Habs vs Atlanta : Game Thread

brobin

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently this year we have a girl.

Please post her everywhere. Every sig, every avatar. Get Sakicq to post her on the front page of the site, I don't care. I don't really believe in superstition, but at this point, whatever works, neh?

I brought her out last year in the playoffs as an avatar and we were winning. But sakiqc thought it was too osé so he had me take it down and we started losing.

Glad she works still. :) Or maybe we just need to have a different fan ask for b-day gifts before every game. :D

Chuck is a pretty poor-to-mediocre show, but they had a novelty 3D episode the day after the Super Bowl. She was fantastic in it!

Chuck is awesome. Easily my favorite show on TV. The 3D episode was pretty poor, though. Not very good 3D. Seemed like the screen had more depth, rather than popping out at you. I took my glasses off halfway through because it just wasn't worth the annoyance of having them on.

Tanguay has been the key tonight. He is capitalizing on his chances and causing havok on the PP (Kovy had two free shots thanks to Tang). I wouldn't mind seeing him resigned. I suspect if he would have been healthy all year he would be our leading scorer. (or at least giving "Markov the assist machine" a run for it)

they had a novelty 3D episode the day after the Super Bowl. She was fantastic in it!

Mmmmmm, 3D Yvonne...

drooling_homer-712749.gif.png

It was my bday yesterday! This game is my gift to me from the habs!

Cool.

My b-day is actually tomorrow. So I get Thursday's game vs Tampa Bay!

Here's hoping the guys don't become complacent and sit on their 5-2 lead in the 3rd.

:hlogo: GHG :hlogo:

Man... if the Habs make it to the playoffs, i pledge to go back to work and make the game threads for the post-season (assuming nobody has a problem with that)

Tanguay has been the key tonight. He is capitalizing on his chances and causing havok on the PP (Kovy had two free shots thanks to Tang). I wouldn't mind seeing him resigned. I suspect if he would have been healthy all year he would be our leading scorer. (or at least giving "Markov the assist machine" a run for it)

Speaking of the assist machine, 3 more tonight. Equals his total pts of last year with 58. That's our best scorer folks. 58 pts defenseman.

:unsure:

Yeah, Komisarek looked a lot better in the 2nd, some mistakes but some good hits, pursuit, punishment. Justification not needed, you fall over the goalie like that, you must pay.

Too much space still between our players in our own end, really have to get that sorted. D partner standing all the way on the opposite boards, forwards standing still. Like to see an intense period but with sound defensive positional play & cut the shots - they will hit 30 at this pace. And cut the 2-on-ones!

Draw some pps from the 2nd lines speed at counter attacking, see what we can do. Who cares the opponent, we can't beat anyone (including them recently), need this game & need the points in regulation. Play hard, rub them out.

Koivu looks much better when he doesn't have to carry a line. All we need from him is energy and responsibility, puck control, intelligence. Playing with Tanguay and Kovalev gives him less pressure.

Here's hoping the guys don't become complacent and sit on their 5-2 lead in the 3rd.

:hlogo: GHG :hlogo:

Man... if the Habs make it to the playoffs, i pledge to go back to work and make the game threads for the post-season (assuming nobody has a problem with that)

Not only do I have no problem with that...

... but now you're quoted in my sig so nobody forgets your pledge! :P

There we go.. nice setup by Tanguay, and good finish by Koivu.. Atlanta fans must be shaking their heads.. Koivu had time to write a book in the slot on that one :)

I have to think Atlanta is mentally out of this now...